[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
In theory....could Tsuburaya re-make the original Ultraman.. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

In theory....could Tsuburaya re-make the original Ultraman..

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

In theory....could Tsuburaya re-make the original Ultraman..

Postby RobD » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:22 am

Show and "get around' Chaiyo claims that they own it?

From my current understanding, Tsuburaya vs Chaiyo is *still* on-going with IMO the most important situation unclear-who has the rights to the first five Ultraman shows OUTSIDE of Japan. This is apparently the reason Tsuburaya can't release proper blu-rays for United States fans because Chaiyo is right there to slap another crap lawsuit on them. :evil:

From my limited understanding of how some of the court cases have came out in the long legal saga, Tsuburaya automatically has rights to any new Ultraman works both inside and outside of Japan.

If I'm understanding this correctly could Tsuburaya then "remake" the original Ultraman show, perhaps change it around with some minor things here and there and it would classify as a "new work" and they'd be able to release it outside Japan?

Now I'm sure many of you are hesitant when an Ultraman re-make gets mentioned for the original series but let's face it, the original series practically *has* been remade over the years with the big T bringing back classic kaiju and even storylines!

I guess the main thing I'm getting at is I really miss "Ultraman" Stateside. :( Especially with Godzilla(rightfully I might add) finally getting a firm foothold on American shores with merchandise.

Anyone at all who can possibly update us on both the legal and Stateside situation with Ultraman would be great! I know from reading press releases and whatnot that Tsuburaya really wants to crack the American market....
RobD
Godzilla Jr.

Re: In theory....could Tsuburaya re-make the original Ultram

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:14 am

TPChas used the original Ultraman character, and still is (even in Orb)...and they have an amazing knack of recreating showa era monster suits with precise accuracy. They could absolutely "remake" the original series, episode-per-episode. Still though...it would be amazing, it would not take the place of a proper TPC release of the original series in eyes of most fans. Honestly, I am satisfied with the releases from BCI a few years back. I would not upgrade to Blu Ray, I know some might want to... but I'm happy with what I have.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:57 pm

That's what I felt that short CGI animated thing was: maybe a movie or a miniseries that essentially beat Chaiyo to the punch with what was essentially a Hollywood-style remake of the original series.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Tsuburaya could create a new version of the first Ultraman series. Maybe it could be filmed here in America and get shown here first before showing it in Japan. 8) :mrgreen:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:09 am

sentaison
Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

No, but it would be good if it get shown in America. 8)
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm

If they decided to remake the original show, I'd hope they would add character development and plot to it.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes