[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger 2014 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger 2014

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger 2014

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 pm

So the figures pictures of Tokkyuger are out, what do you think? I am very... underwhelmed. THey look bland, the helmets look bad, but the mecha is the worst atrocity of them all. It looks like they just stacked 5 crayons next to each other.

I pray to the gods at Toei that this show looks better on screen than it does on digital paper.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger 2014

Postby kiryugoji04 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am

I'm pretty sure these are my favorite Sentai suit designs ever. XD
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Don't mind the mecha, but the suits are fairly bland looking. The helmets are hilarious, but the rest is uninspired. If they were going to go so over-the-top with the helmets they should've done the same with the rest of the costume. Maybe the sixth ranger will look better.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:09 pm

It seems like they that are going for a Showa look for them. I kinda like the designs now since it took some time for me to get used too them.
Hellspawn28
Godzilla Egg

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Still not feeling it.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 am

I'm going to miss Kyoryuger now since I love the show and it's my favorite since Gokaiger. I wish they went another car theme show instead since it been 25 years since Turboranger started. It could be a nice throw back to the first Heisei Sentai show.
Hellspawn28
Godzilla Egg

Postby Inui Takumi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:46 am

I actually like the idea of a train-themed Sentai series. I just think that the mech design is pretty bad and the suit designs needed more to it. They tried to go the simple route but I think they went a bit too simple aside from the helmets.
Inui Takumi
Little Godzilla

Postby Inui Takumi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Sorry for the double post, but here is the first promo for Tokkyuger.

Still not to fond of the suits but it looks a bit better in motion. The announcer is gonna annoy me though, I can already tell. :P
Inui Takumi
Little Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:10 am

I love the designs of the grunts. Hopefully the villains a whole look awesome and make up for the lacklusterness of the rangers. The rangers do at least look somewhat better on screen.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38 am

So yeah, I did not care for the first episode at all and I have watched it three times hoping it will get better. I hate the designs for the rangers, I hate the ranger cast, and I hate the mecha. The villains are freaking awesome in the design department though.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inui Takumi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 am

Anyone watching ToQger?

At first, I hated everything about it before it aired. Like I said before, I didn't like the suits or the mechs. I've since warmed up to the suits a tad bit but they still feel bland to me despite the bright colors.

As for the story, it felt like they were going somewhere in the beginning with the fact that they have a huge chunk of their memory missing. But as of now, not much has progressed in that respect. It seems to just be rolling with the normal format of a Sentai show without really branching out. So for me, the show is very lukewarm. Even the fights have gotten less interesting. I'm sort of just saving up episodes for the next big event in the story, like the arrival of ToQ-6, and then I just marathon them. It's not boring enough for me to drop completely, but I'm not as eager to watch the next episode as I was with Kyoryuger.
Inui Takumi
Little Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 am

I gave up after five episodes. I just do not care for the cast, the designs, the music, and most of all, the stupid spastic dumb childish story. It is like they took the worst from Go-Onger and combined it with the worst from Goseiger.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes