[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Tiga & Dyna dub • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Tiga & Dyna dub

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Tiga & Dyna dub

Postby Nippon » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:18 pm

Just today, while in Half-Price Books, my eye was caught by the ever-awsome names "Ultraman Tiga and Ultraman Dyna" in the VHS section. After hyper-ventilating for about 10 minutes, I made the purchase, rushed home, and slapped into the VCR, in all hopes of subtitled goodness! (I had only seen an untranslated, tv-recorded version)
(spoilers)
Oh. My. Freaking. GOD. was I wrong.
For those of you who believe that 4Kid's dubbing was the worst there is, Tiga & Dyna blow them out of the water and thrusted this movie into a boiling pot of acidic purple monkey dishwater liquid that is bad dubbing. I was laughing so hard I was crying at many scenes. (there are a lot more than what I mention)

One such scene was the officer's shouting at Kisaragi (sp?) when she materialized in the conference. "You Ruthless Jerk!"
Oh, and then there's Captain Iruma's dialogue when she rushed in to save Dyna from Queen Monera: "Never lose! Never lose! Ultraman never loses!"
There also seems to be a problem with the track in which severel lines are just randomly repeated. "Let's give it a shot!" (again) "Let's give it a shot!"
As well, whenever a large crowd is cheering (such as in the shelter), they have no sound with them (It's a mime-cheer! Let's all join in!)
And what's up with the voice-actors? They have the same monotone mentality throughout the whole movie! Even when characters are shouting their lungs out, they just "bleh" their dialogue. (Exp: Ryo's screaming "DYYYYNAAAAAAA!!!!!!" after the island was destroyed is replaced by "Dyna." No joke)

I know some of you have probably already heard/seen/avoided/gobbled up the DvD's and THEIR subtitled-goodness, but I just had to get this out. I WILL give the VHS some props though: the picture is actually quite clear, and whenever the action starts, the music and sound-FX rip through the speakers and are very exciting. Tiga & Dyna is one of my personal fav Ultra-flicks (besides Final Odyssey), so no complaints about anything else from the kaiju or Ultras (though the story could be a little more fleshed out).

All-in-all, I want the DvD. And this "Image Entertainment" needs to stay as FAR AWAY FROM DUBBING AS POSSIBLE.
Nippon
Godzilla

Postby Raptor » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:39 pm

I feel your pain. I never made it past the opening scene myself. SUB-TITLES RULE!
Raptor

Postby gfanikf » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:04 am

I would think that the dubbing was done in house by Tsubraya or similar to the 90's Godzilla dub farmed out to Hong Kong, no proof though.
gfanikf

Postby Battra92 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:11 am

The dub is on the DVD as well, and yes it is rotten. Perhaps the worst dub I've ever heard.

Oh well, at least with your Tiga & Dyna purchase you can drool over Mariya Yamada. I know I sure do when I watch Dyna :wink:
- Anime, Kaiju, Kung Fu, Cult Films and more!
|
Battra92

Postby ryuuseipro » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:25 pm

-John Cassidy
Richmond, VA
http://ryuuseipro.livejournal.com/

"The monster a child knows best and is most concerned with [is] the monster he feels or fears himself to be." -Bruno Bettelheim
ryuuseipro
Heisei Godzilla

Postby gfanikf » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:49 pm

gfanikf

Postby August » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:16 pm

August Ragone
Showa GAMERA Special Features Producer
Blog
August
Burning Godzilla

Postby gfanikf » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:46 am

gfanikf