[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Greatest Power Rangers Episodes • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Greatest Power Rangers Episodes

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Greatest Power Rangers Episodes

Postby RaymondBurr » Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

"...WILL. IT. WORK?"
RaymondBurr
Godzilla Jr.

Postby mbozzo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby RaymondBurr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm

"...WILL. IT. WORK?"
RaymondBurr
Godzilla Jr.

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I tried to watch it all again, but I stopped at around episode 16 or 17. I just couldn't get into it the way I could as a kid.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby RaymondBurr » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah, the episodes -- especially in Season 1 -- can get quite repetitive. I like to have them on while I'm working on other things though. Then I can give it my full attention when the amazing guitar riffs start to kick in! :lol:

But, I'm a total sucker for Dragonzord and the Green Ranger! I never get tired of seeing that same stock footage of the Dragonzord rising out of the ocean.
"...WILL. IT. WORK?"
RaymondBurr
Godzilla Jr.

Re: Greatest Power Rangers Episodes

Postby Dai » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 pm

My interest in Power Rangers faded after the original run of the first couple of seasons in the 90s. But when I realised a couple of days ago that Netflix Instant has (what looks like) all 20 seasons, I decided to dip in. Suffice to say I'm hooked, especially now that Toei's planned English-language sentai streaming service seems to have fatally face-planted.

I jumped straight in at Power Rangers in Space. The title is misleading, since it's still mostly set on Earth, but it's a lot of fun. I particularly like the mech designs in this season. Plus an early episode is a bizarre crossover with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Rather than just good episodes, what are considered the best seasons? I've heard good things about RPM, and the concepts for Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue look interesting.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm

I used to love the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers as a kid. I watched sporadic episodes of Zeo, Turbo, and In Space, but I really dug Lost Galaxy and watched all of it. That was the last Power Rangers series I got into, because when I watched the first episode of Lightspeed Rescue I really felt like I had outgrown it and I haven't watched any of the series since.

I watched an episode of MMPR on Netflix last year and man... it's pretty damn bad. It was the perfect thing for a kid like me in the '90s but today it's hard not to be taken aback by the terrible dialogue and contrived situations. Maybe I should give it another go one night when I'm drunk but it really feels like one of those things from my childhood that's better left preserved as a fond memory.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 pm

I never watched PR as a kid.

In actually watched as a teen and college student because Disney was making the shows then and they were rerunning all of it all the time. I used to turn over to Power Rangers during the commercial breaks and interview segments during The Daily Show and The Colbert Report - PR is usually simple enough I could get the whole plot just from those 3 minute bites.

Anyway, without the nostalgia goggles I didn't care for Might Morphin at all (I was right to prefer Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad as a kid!). I think the show only really became good during In Space, which is one of the best. I remember liking Lost Galaxy and the next few okay, but not as much as In Space. My three other favorites are from the Disney era: Dino Thunder was good; RPM was better; and RPM was the very very best. Thing is, Disney was beginning to shut off the PR machine when RPM was coming out, so it wasn't as reran as much and I probably only saw half the episodes. I should really rectify that. It's all on Netflix!

BTW, me thinking about this was entirely precipitated by reading Chris Sim's great write-up of RPM over at Comicsalliance:

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-192 ... -timeline/

So, favorites in order:

1) RPM 2) In Space 3) SPD and 4) Dino Thunder
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 pm

In Space is the best followed by Season 2 of MMPR and then Zeo.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby angilas » Tue May 06, 2014 6:30 pm

angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Thu May 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Most of my favorite episodes were from the first two seasons. I really liked The Mutiny, Return of an Old Friend, Green With Evil, A Different Shade of Pink (guess I just liked most of the multi-part episodes).
Rodanex
Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes