New Ultraman series for 2017: Ultraman Geed.

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New Ultraman series for 2017: Ultraman Geed.

Postby Kaiju_Ultra_Fan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 pm

hahaha, told ya you're in for some fun. :P It's a really good show.
Kaiju_Ultra_Fan
Little Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:28 am

So I've gotten caught up on Geed and I was absolutely loving the show until just after belial showed up. That was an excellent episode, but all the episodes after that feel like filler episodes or just have very generic stories. That said, the monster action was still top notch. I loved the kaiju that fired beams that turned into blackholes. I'm excited for the final episode. This will be the first of the modern Ultra shows that I have completed. Ultraman X is next on the table!
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:42 am

That poor Galaxy Mart guy.... when is he going to get a proper store again? It's been six months, he seems to have steady business. This pop-up thing might be trendy but that ain't going to fly once Winter settles in.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Zack Metoyer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Thank God that's over. What an incompetent ending to a lazy series.
Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:27 am

Zack Metoyer wrote:Thank God that's over. What an incompetent ending to a lazy series.

Hmmm...obviously a case of “your mileage may vary”, since I loved the show and thought the finale was great. X/Orb/Geed really brought the series back to excellence after the horrible Ginga fiasco.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Mac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 am

Zack Metoyer wrote:Thank God that's over. What an incompetent ending to a lazy series.

Agreed. The new series have always made compromises for commercialization, but Geed tipped the scales. Just very mechanically structured to sell toys.
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Moonlight SY-3 wrote:

Hmmm...obviously a case of “your mileage may vary”, since I loved the show and thought the finale was great. X/Orb/Geed really brought the series back to excellence after the horrible Ginga fiasco.

I thought X and Orb were good, but Geed was a very mixed bag for me. I'm not sure what that ending was.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I have to go back and rewatch, probably about half the episodes I was distracted by other things. There were things I did not like compared to Orb and X, but I did not think it was a bad show. I really liked the ending, I loved the battle between Geed and Belial, and how Geed basically defeated him with
Spoiler Below:
hugs
. I would have liked it a little bit more if I believed for a second that Belial was gone for good.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Previous

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes