Ultraman shows on TOKU

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Ultraman shows on TOKU

Postby lhb412 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm

I imagine if the original Ultraman, in all his glory, were to show up in the finale of the new Steven Spielberg special effects blockbuster... well, wouldn't Chaiyo have something to say about that? If not, wouldn't we have heard that the dreaded Chaiyo had been vanquished? I see that Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven (all licensed from Chaiyo) have disappeared from ShoutFactory.TV

Could be nothing, could be something.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am

lhb412 wrote:I imagine if the original Ultraman, in all his glory, were to show up in the finale of the new Steven Spielberg special effects blockbuster... well, wouldn't Chaiyo have something to say about that? If not, wouldn't we have heard that the dreaded Chaiyo had been vanquished? I see that Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven (all licensed from Chaiyo) have disappeared from ShoutFactory.TV

If Ultraman shows up, i'd be willing to bet the licensing would go through Chaiyo only strengthening their claim
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 am

So, what happened with this?
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:20 am

lhb412 wrote:I imagine if the original Ultraman, in all his glory, were to show up in the finale of the new Steven Spielberg special effects blockbuster... well, wouldn't Chaiyo have something to say about that? If not, wouldn't we have heard that the dreaded Chaiyo had been vanquished? I see that Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven (all licensed from Chaiyo) have disappeared from ShoutFactory.TV

Chaiyo has only ever had distribution rights for the older series. Any attempt by Chaiyo to make original shows and characters has been swiftly knocked down.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:So, what happened with this?

It aired in English, it's now over and they are running 80 with subs. There's been zero news regarding any other release, and it seems no one was recording it.
Based on the fact that there English dub credits never showed up on iMDB, I am guessing this was dubbed in Hong Kong at some point, and is just airing now.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 am

Specium Ray wrote:Chaiyo has only ever had distribution rights for the older series. Any attempt by Chaiyo to make original shows and characters has been swiftly knocked down.

This would be licensing the likeness of the original Ultraman, though, not creating a new character.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:11 pm

lhb412 wrote:
Specium Ray wrote:Chaiyo has only ever had distribution rights for the older series. Any attempt by Chaiyo to make original shows and characters has been swiftly knocked down.

This would be licensing the likeness of the original Ultraman, though, not creating a new character.

That's what I'm trying to say, I know that licensed products via Golden Media, UMC, TIGA HK, etc. exist, but they all still have the Tsuburaya copyright on them. I would doubt very much a Hollywood studio would have gone through Chaiyo, if the character does appear in Ready Player One, it would be through Tsubaraya.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 am

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... neos-to-us

Now they're showing Neos! We don't even have Neos on Crunchyroll! Now I'm getting pissed off!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 am

Well I finally found TOKU on my Comcast. And all it has is Ginga S and an anime show listed for rental. So apparently I'm not getting the broadcast/streaming/however it's supposed to work. Very bummed at this time.
sentaison
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 am

Is that Shigeki Kagemaru? What isn't he in!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes