[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Demon From Devil's Lake - anyone ever heard of this? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Demon From Devil's Lake - anyone ever heard of this?

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Demon From Devil's Lake - anyone ever heard of this?

Postby Madison Carter » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:59 pm

In my quest to locate kaiju films eastern and western, I keep finding a listing for one from the 60's that appears to be "lost"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058002/combined

It's obviously a regional flick, but has anyone ever seen it, or even pics from it?

Here's what The Illustrated Dinosaur Movie Guide (I LOVE this book series by Stephen Jones) has to say:

"Made in Sherman, Texas, this independent cheapie features a spaceship filled with various test animals crashing into a lake. Leaking radiation causes the creatures to transmute into a single giant monster."

It's directed by Russ Marker, and one of his other films, NIGHT FRIGHT, was released on DVD by Alpha last year, so maybe their's hope.
Madison Carter
Baby Godzilla

Postby kaijubringer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:21 pm

kaijubringer
Godzilla

Postby TheFoywonder » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:26 am

THE FOYWONDER PRESENTS:
and
TheFoywonder
Little Godzilla

Postby Enshohma » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:30 pm

Guess All of the Above Monsters' Names and Respective Places of Origin and Win a Prize!
Enshohma
Godzilla Jr.

Postby TheFoywonder » Sun May 01, 2005 11:50 pm

THE FOYWONDER PRESENTS:
and
TheFoywonder
Little Godzilla

Sweet!

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:41 am

"Night Fright!" may well be my favorite bad movie of all time. I taped it 20+ years ago off a late-late TV broadcast, on a no-name VHS tape. Curiously, despite a whole lotta viewings, that old tape has help up remarkably well. When I discovered NF! was on DVD this summer... well of course I just HAD to have it. At only $5, it's a cheap investment. And low-buck fun, to be sure. It never fails to get a lot of laughs whenever I introduce new friends to it.

Besides, any movie with John Agar is worth a look. Admittedly, I've grown to enjoy Bill Thurman's performance too. He's another low-budget actor who's always fun to watch. Speaking of which, several of Larry (Mars Needs Women) Buchanan's regular 'no-talent' thesps are on hand. I believe that NF! director James Sullivan was one of Larry's assistants on some (or all) of his infamous "AIP-8."

In addition to having the best of Buchanan badness, it has a hefty helping of Ed Wood-esque putridity thrown in, too. Gotta love that constant "it's daytime, it's nighttime, it's daytime" flip-flopping throughout the film. Dig those groovy 30 year-old high schoolers! Check out hotty babe "Darlene," a girl wearing so much eyelash make-up that she can barely keep her eyelids from fusing shut.

I love the attempt at Hitchcock-ian edits and so forth. Cool, even though they are wasted in such a deliciously rotten film. And then there's the monster. If Lt. Worf and Bigfoot had a love child, this fella would be it!

I had read that NF! was actually a remake of the earlier "Demon from Devil's Lake" in an old copy of FILMFAX. I always hoped to discover a copy of that film from an obscure archiver outfit like Sinister Cimema, but of course I never did. I am saddened now to hear that it may well be forever lost. I would have liked to have seen it. Maybe someday it'll surface. Stranger things have happened.

Anyhow, I'm delighted to see a film that's long been a "guilty pleasure" of mine getting some recognition! Now which is the best 'worst' for me? Hmmmm... "Night Fright!" or Larry Buchanan's "It's Alive!"??? Boy oh boy! That's a tough call.

-JN
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr. Tongue » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:36 pm

This thread is back from the dead......and it's ready to party!

*listens to .45 Grave*
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in."
Dr. Tongue
Godzilla Jr.

Banned user

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television