[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Six Billion Dollar Man • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Six Billion Dollar Man

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

The Six Billion Dollar Man

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Was surprised to see that this film is FINALLY getting done and has a concrete release date this coming June! But I have serious reservations.

Like many of a certain age, 6MDM was a pillar of my youth. I shudder at seeing it either mocked or just done crappy. Nowadays hipsters seem to think that everything that made a particular show or movie from before their time popular is fodder for insults, teasing and/or ignoring altogether to make it "right". ("No one will buy that or believe that now." Ugh.) It's the epitome of hypocrisy. Like how, 20 years ago and before that no one thought a superhero should wear their costume - unless it was done for camp effect.

Anyhow, I sure hope it gets done correctly and is treated with at least some dignity, although I doubt it much anymore. :?
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television