[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
A Superman Horror Movie....BrightBurn! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

A Superman Horror Movie....BrightBurn!

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

A Superman Horror Movie....BrightBurn!

Postby Henry88 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:24 pm

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: A Superman Horror Movie....BrightBurn!

Postby klen7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 pm

This is the James Gunn produced flick that had its panel canceled after his firing from MCU/Disney over past tweets
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:56 am

It's an interesting idea that looks horribly cheap and generic in execution.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:55 am

After watching this...I actually don't see how WB/DC isn't seeking legal action. I mean if you wanted to make a movie about a child with super powers that starts out seemingly good, then turns evil, there are many ways you could do that without overtly making it look like Superman, even using the same font, & similar musical style as MoS....Also I'm personally offended the kid has the same name as me...Actually I feel more sorry for kids in elementary school who have that name now and will be instantly connected to this film for a while at least. Yeah it sucked being in High school when 90210 came out :x :wink:
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Mark Waid's Irredeemable comes to mind
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby william newell » Sat May 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Just got back from seeing this, and I have to say, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this! While it wasn't perfect, it was much more intense(particularly towards the end)and involving than I expected. Sure, it borrows a bit from the origin of Superman, but it takes it into an interestingly different direction. Definitely a good "birth of a supervillian" movie, in my opinion. I would recommend checking it out if the opportunity presents...
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon May 27, 2019 12:55 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon May 27, 2019 1:33 pm

It didn't fail because it was original, It failed because relatively speaking, nobody asked for this. I mean of course there are going to be people here I'm sure who saw it, a few even who enjoyed it. But honestly, DC has done their own takes on Evil Superman before, admittedly never to this degree. Of course there is always going to be someone who wants to see the dark side of everything, because that is how society has conditioned us, but what if.......CRAZY THOUGHT HERE.......some things just don't have a dark side or dark take on them....

This wasn't a bold statement, or creative idea, it was just someone cashing in on the success of the genre and telling a twisted tail. The ONE redeeming factor of this film, if the kid had been killed, doesn't even happen. I know there are some that say...not all films have to have a happy ending, and I get that. But especially in this day and age, is anybody honestly going to walk out of this film and feel entertained, like *hey I had a good time*...?? No, the audience approval rating pretty much attests to this.

In a world where written stories and illustrated pages outnumber film 10,000 to 1, maybe more, I think Hollywood needs to be a little more selective in what it chooses to make. Now of course, if someone chooses to finance projects like this with their own money, it's still a free market, and they can do whatever they want, as long as they understand that they are making this movie for themselves, and the general populace probably wont go for it.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television