[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New Halloween trailer • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New Halloween trailer

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

New Halloween trailer

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:06 am

This may be the best Halloween film since III. There's a lot that I liked here.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Re: New Halloween trailer

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I liked that a lot.

It won't be hard to top everything since 3, even though I enjoy 4, H20, RZ, and RZII on various levels of irony.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Trailer does look interesting, but of course I have questions....

So basically this is retconing everything except the first film? (Basically the "Godzilla 1985" of Halloween films?), I actually liked H20, because I thought it brought closure to a franchise that had gone way off course, but then they had to muck it up again with Resurrection, and I haven't seen any of the ones since then.

But being as it is, this all goes back to the single event of 1978, then basically the entire "supernatural" element is removed, and we just go back to a human psycho killer, which is fine. Michael however, has to be pushing 60 (as is Jaimee Lee Curtis IRL) . Now I'm not saying that the idea of a 60 year old Psycho killer is beyond the realm of reality, but you gotta imagine, after almost 40 years in an institution, his health cant be that great. I would not be surprised if this doesn't end with him dying of some sort of bodily failure, unless, of course, the supernatural element is reintroduced.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm

This seems like the right direction for the franchise (i despise RZ films in general) but WHY did they have to give it the same title as the original? At least the 2007 film was a reboot. I really don't understand why this happens as often as it does in franchises these days
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 pm

This looks fantastic. I've steadily gotten more and more excited about this film every time a morsel of news was released about it. As it stands, it's probably the 2018 film I'm most excited about.

Anyone else see the Silver Shamrock masks?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby eabaker » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Some of those are interesting explanations, maybe I do need to rewatch? I remember this film scaring so many of my friends and family as kids, but it NEVER scared me. I just didn't get it. It wasn't gory as the Friday series, nor was it "flashy" as the Nightmare series. I do appreciate it now, as it is more psychological horror, on a simpler level, but for some reason, it just never made me afraid. For what its worth Poltergeist was far scarier to me than most slasher films...but I digress

From what I recollect, none of the injuries Michael sustains in the original film are really significant, until, yes the end, with the fall and "I shot him six times..." etc... That I believe was the significant turn at the very end, up until that point, there was nothing that indicated to me, that he was anything more than a disturbed individual. Of course there have been studies of people IRL with extreme adrenaline levels, or under the influence of powerful drugs that have suffered far worse, and still lived, but I know Michael was (as far as we know), not any of those cases.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:52 am

That's the thing, it can go either way based on what you want to perceive. He was really just a guy in a mask, but he was so evil Loomis personifies him as being like a demon. It wasn't really until the later sequels that they really made him be more than just a man. Either way, all we know is that he found wearing the mask to be far more important than killing Laurie, which is why it doesn't make sense in H20/Resurrection that he would put his mask on some random cop.

Anyway, we'll have to see what they do in this new one as I am quite curious. All I know is that I am very happy with what I saw in that trailer. I just hope those weren't all of the best scenes of the movie in there.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm

OK....It all makes sense now 8)

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 am

I can't find it anymore, but there was a quote from the writers about how this is so true to the spirit of the original that they legitimately attempted to and went out of their way to include as many homages and moments from the original film as possible.

That ties into my concern that this might turn out to be a nostalgia-bait "requel" and gives me a touch of pause. But I'm still very on-board.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby UltraDada72 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 am

UltraDada72
Baby Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:45 pm

THe problem with H20 is that it feels like a 90s horror film rather than a Halloween one. I'm not sure why, but something changed when the series was sold to Miramax. Same thing happend with the Friday the 13th series when it went from Paramount to New Line Cinema. For as bad as A New Beginning, The New Blood, and Jason Takes Manhattan are, they are no where near the levels of suckitude of everything that came after.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television