[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Annihilation (2018) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Annihilation (2018)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Annihilation (2018)

Postby Henry88 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Annihilation (2018)

Postby klen7 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:43 pm

An odd book but I'm on board for whatever Alex Garland decides to tackle next
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Book was interesting, and if done properly it could be really unsettling. Great cast and director.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Annihilation in the Forbidden Zone!

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:09 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Now that I've watched Annihilation, I understand why Paramount didn't know how to market it and offered it straight to Netflix. It's too contemplative and character-driven for the horror crowd, and too gory and disturbing for those who want purely cerebral speculative fiction. I enjoyed it aside from one nauseating moment of body horror that nearly made me turn it off.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:24 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:56 am

I would have liked to have seen this movie but it wasn't playing in my state so I guess not.
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 am

I’m so happy I had the option to see it on a big screen and get more absorbed into the bizarre world it presented, though I do like its accessibility via Netflix for everyone else. Easily one of my most bizarre film experiences but I’m so glad to have had it.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Lhb, you had a much more optimistic read on this film than I did. I absolutely adore Ex Machina, but this flick was pretty dark from beginning to end. I would be more likely to describe this as sci-fi version of Revolutionary Road.

I still didn't "get" everything so maybe I missed something.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

^It's appears to be a combination the infinity symbol and an ouroboros, which I think can be applied to the story in any number of ways. The unending fertility of The Shimmer?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:33 am

^ i got the infinity ouroboros from the visual, but it's too deliberate in its design to be thematically vague in its appearances.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:15 pm

I think we're supposed to read our own interpretations into it.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 pm

This one came and went so fast I never got a chance to see it. Getting to see it at home the other day, it was amazing and I wish I could have supported it in theaters.

It's always exhilarating when I stumble across a movie that genuinely surprises me and where I really have no idea what's going to happen next (and to a certain extent, what the hell is happening at the moment).

It's not perfect: it's a little cold and distant (like Ex Machina) and some of the effects towards the very end were...a touch unpolished, but those are its only faults, and given the underlying subject matter, the first 'fault' is pretty easily forgiven.

As for the ending:
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm

^
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

I have this movie and approve of it. That is my review.

Wanted to see it in theaters but it never played in my state so... I waited for the bluray. This weird ass Sci-Fi stuff is right up my ally.
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television