[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Logan (2017) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Logan (2017)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Logan (2017)

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 am

This movie deserves its own thread. It opens in six weeks.

Director James Mangold (The Wolverine) returns to helm Hugh Jackman's ninth and reportedly final screen performance as Logan/Wolverine. Patrick Stewart also reprises his role as Professor Charles Xavier. It will be rated R.

First trailer from October 2016:

New trailer just released a few days ago:

Posters:

I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a fan of the X-Men films since I was 11 years old and the series has been firing on all cylinders throughout this current decade. The Wolverine was terrific, especially the extended version, so I'm glad Mangold is back as director for this.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Logan (2017)

Postby mbozzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:31 pm

I haven't seen the trailer, and I'm not so sure that I will see this movie. :oops:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:24 pm

~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:28 pm

I'm pumped for this.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:30 pm

The film came out today...I'm surprised nobody has commented on it yet. I'll be honest, I've never been a huge fan of the character, and I wont be seeing this film. However I hope that those who have been in anticipation of it do enjoy it. For me though, just having read the synopsis it seems depressing- Everything the X-Men have gone through is basically for nothing. Also because I'm a very linear person, once you start getting into alternate time lines (which I know has already happened with X-Men), it just seems watered down and pointless. Things seemed to be on a rebound when DofP fixed a lot of what X3 got wrong. For me though...I don't even know how any additional films could "fix" what's been done at this point, nor do I guess I would even care...
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:30 am

Best Wolverine movie, and one of the best superhero movies ever!
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Rody » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:02 am

I think this movie rubbed me completely the wrong way. Maybe if I was a long-time fan of the films and comics, I would have appreciated what the film was more; but as it is, it just felt cynical and kind of depressing - like some a culmination of everything darker in comic book stories. I dunno; I must be looking at it through the wrong lens. :?
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Outkaster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 am

It is great. Not everything has to be over the top. It feels a lot more grounded and the violence seems justified, like a Western. It doesn't feel like a superhero movie sometimes and that is fine.
Joined in 2001.
Outkaster
Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:40 pm

~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Logan (2017) #RatedR

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 pm

The real lesson from projects like the third Wolverine and 'Deadpool' is to take risks and grant more creative control to filmmakers.

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Got to see it this week. Loved it. I didn't find it too cynical as a NUMBER of X stories trade in on exactly this kind of story, ESPECIALLY those set in the future. In fact, in the comics, the events of Days of Future Past and other efforts by various time travelers to fix the future by stopping something in the past are shown to only create an alternate timeline, and not ever actually fix the future they come from. Besides which, I didn't take it as all THAT apocalyptic,

It's got some fantastic performances that I'd like to see nominated for awards (but know won't be), some amazing character work, and it's a helluva swansong for Hugh Jackman.

I'm a little sad that the suit never came into play, but then again, the Deadpool teaser scene kinda reminds us how impractical it would be. Still, a flashback or something would have served the purpose, and been fun for fans...but when you make a GOOD MOVIE, what fans want falls by the wayside, and this is a DAMN GOOD MOVIE. It's one of an increasingly small percentage of superhero films that transcends the genre and is better than "a good superhero movie." It's just a flat-out good movie.

I remember when a lot of these story elements leaked and people seemed upset, for reasons that were never quite clear to me, but it all came together great and what we have is possibly the BEST X-Men film, even if First Class remains my personal favorite.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm

I bet the MAD Magazine parody of this movie is called 'Loogie.'

... what? We were all thinking it!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Logan & X-23