[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New 'War of the Worlds' TV miniseries • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New 'War of the Worlds' TV miniseries

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

New 'War of the Worlds' TV miniseries

Postby Gojira-2000 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:02 pm

New miniseries set in 1897 England, with Peter Harness (Doctor Who, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell) writing, for production company Mammoth Screen:

Gojira-2000
Godzilla Jr.

Re: New 'War of the Worlds' TV miniseries

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:29 pm

This has my interest. I was a fan of the previous series that aired back when ST:TNG started (1987), but then they ruined the series in its 2nd season, and never got beyond that. Though it was pretty much a follow up to the George Pal film.

In 2005 when Spielberg released his big budget film with Tom Cruise, the home video market exploded with cheap ripoffs. One by the Asylum, (which I never saw), and another by Pendragon Films, which is the only version I am aware of actually set in 19th century England. Unfortunately its low budget and god awful runtime of nearly 3 hours made it a difficult watch. I could see how they were trying to be faithful to HG Wells novel. But perhaps this setting would be best served in a short TV series.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 pm

I had a DVD of "War of the Worlds The True Story" or something along those lines that was set up like a History channel special. It was a bit too long but I enjoyed the concept.

I will keep my eye for this series and hopefully it doesn't suck.
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:56 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 pm

I eat War of the Worlds stuff up like candy so this looks like I will get some enjoyment out of this. I am a little disappointed the tripods didn't go all Victorian machinery in their design but I pulled that expectation out of thin air.

Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Wow, neat! WotW is one of my all time favorite books. It’s neat to finally see an adaptation set in Victorian England! I think the tripods look pretty good. I would have liked for them to have the tentacles and the heat ray emitting camera shaped box thing and the black smoke cannon shells like in the book*, but they still look pretty good as is. Definitely looking forward to this!

*ideally, I’d love to see super accurate representations of the tripods as described in the book. They sound so wild and fearsome it would be really cool to see realized:

“And this Thing I saw! How can I describe it? A monstrous tripod, higher than many houses, striding over the young pine trees, and smashing them aside in its career; a walking engine of glittering metal, striding now across the heather; articulate ropes of steel dangling from it, and the clattering tumult of its passage mingling with the riot of the thunder. A flash, and it came out vividly, heeling over one way with two feet in the air, to vanish and reappear almost instantly as it seemed, with the next flash, a hundred yards nearer. Can you imagine a milking stool tilted and bowled violently along the ground? That was the impression those instant flashes gave. But instead of a milking stool imagine it a great body of machinery on a tripod stand... Seen nearer, the Thing was incredibly strange, for it was no mere insensate machine driving on its way. Machine it was, with a ringing metallic pace, and long, flexible, glittering tentacles (one of which gripped a young pine tree) swinging and rattling about its strange body. It picked its road as it went striding along, and the brazen hood that surmounted it moved to and fro with the inevitable suggestion of a head looking about. Behind the main body was a huge mass of white metal like a gigantic fisherman's basket, and puffs of green smoke squirted out from the joints of the limbs as the monster swept by me.”
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 am

Looks good, but I would have preferred a remake of The Tripods. Cancelling that before its final season was a crime.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television