[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' (June 25, 2021) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' (June 25, 2021)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' (June 25, 2021)

Postby tbeasley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Hope this is something special, Matt Reeves is a solid director and I like that we're finally seeing Riddler and Penguin again, two undervalued Bat-villains. (I also feel we're long overdue for a new version of Robin.) So far it feels like they're bringing the gravity and immensity a Batman production should have, like it's a big deal.

I can definitely dig the Batmobile but I wish the Battinson suit had a less padded/armored look to it. I was hoping for a simple, sleek Year One type look. It'd be a nice change after bulky Frank Miller Batfleck.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' (June 25, 2021)

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Agreed on the armor. Something harkening to year one, or even some of the earliest/first appearance looks would’ve been welcome. I’d love to see he return of the blue and gray suit or the yellow oval bat emblem.

I don’t hate the car so much as I see it and immediately think “MadMax” instead of “Batman”. It’s not a bad design, it just doesn’t strike me as something uniquely batman. The tumbler, for all its controversy when it was unveiled, always looked very much like a bat-vehicle to me, strange as it was. And then we saw it in action and it was amazing. Hopefully this one will win me over once I see the film.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television