[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Power Rangers (2017) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Power Rangers (2017)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Power Rangers (2017)

Postby Gentleman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Hell yeah! I am totally sincere with my enjoyment of the original film. I would be all over a sequel!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:07 am

This is great news, and surprising since the first one didn't perform too well at the box office. I'll be happy to head to the cinema for as many sequels as they want to make, as long as it really is a sequel with the same characters and not a re-reboot.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 am

The first movie was terrible. Hopefully it's a reboot if anything, or a soft sequel, or just something where it's easy to ignore that woefully unenjoyable movie.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby eabaker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

I spent most of the movie frustrated that they weren't going a little deeper on a lot of points.

Then, the juxtaposition of the first 3/4 with that final act just delighted me enough to make the whole thing worth my time. I'm never gonna buy it, or even pay for a rental, but as long as it remains streaming for free, there's always a chance I'll be on the right substances in the right mood to make it worth another semi-attentive viewing.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:40 pm

I am more excited at the prospect of a sequel to Power Rangers '17 than I am for any Marvel or DC movie.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:33 pm

I think it could be good. The first one had some pretty decent potential but I felt it squandered it by spending too much time building the team. By the halfway point I was thinking, “yes, I GET it. Each of them is a high school stereotype who has to overcome their stereotype’s problems to be an effective team member... get on with it already!” And it’s not that that part of the film was bad. It wasn’t. And the casting was actually pretty good. But they drug it out much longer than needed and it got dull and repetitive. Then the film really picked up and was quite enjoyable (despite the terrible Zord designs) once the team was built.

But now that they've done the origin story and the power rangers are established, I could totally see some fun sequels that dramatically improve from the first one. Kinda like the recent ninja turtles sequel (it still wasn’t great, but it was a big improvement over the first entry). They could even take a note from that film and redesign the zords for the better in the sequel.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Re: Power Rangers (20??)

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Damn it, Hollywood, stop the endless reboots. The last Power Rangers movie had a great cast; there was nothing wrong with it. The failure was on the marketing and distribution end, especially with the movie opening in the same month as a bunch of other SF properties aimed at a similar demographic.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television