Star Wars News Thread

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 am

Got the info I was looking for thanks to member RogueLeader over at originaltrilogy.com.

RogueLeader wrote:Rinzler himself makes a note on that quote in this article about midichlorians.

[Please note: While we were preparing the text for The Making of Star Wars, Lucas added a note to this passage about midi-chlorians, bringing his original words in line with his later thoughts and the events of the prequel trilogy.]
https://www.starwars.com/news/so-what-t ... -chlorians

So, the original quote was apparently from an archive recording of an interview he had with Carol Titelman in 1977, who was the author of the first Art of Star Wars book, but she also was apparently a member of his staff who was asking him a series of questions that could be used to guide future Star Wars novel/EU material writers.

The quote, as it is in Rinzler’s The Making of Star Wars goes:

“It is said certain creatures are born with a higher awareness of the Force than humans. Their brains are different; they have more midi-chlorians in their cells.”

But, based off what Rinzler said in that article, it probably was:

“It is said that certain creatures are born with a higher awareness of the Force than humans. Their brains are different.”

This info is taken from this Q&A site.
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questio ... /7527#7527

And, in fact, the full quotation from Lucas is included in that first link above and he absolutely DID NOT say midichlorians in 1977:

“The Force is really a way of seeing; it’s a way of being with life. It really has nothing to do with weapons. The Force gives you the power to have extra-sensory perception and to be able to see things and hear things, read minds and levitate things. It is said that certain creatures are born with a higher awareness of the Force than humans. Their brains are different. The Force is a perception of the reality that exists around us. You have to come to learn it. It’s not something you just get. It takes many, many years…Anyone who studied and worked hard could learn it. But you would have to do it on your own.”

It may be a small detail but Lucas has a really bad habit of historical revisionism when it comes to his films. I love what Mr. Lucas has given the world in his art (and I know he’s been incredibly generous to charity over the years), but I HATE revisionist history.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Re: Star Wars News Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:44 am

I would imagine prints of the novelization of SW are pretty inexpensive on the secondary market. I guess one would just have to purchase one printed prior to 1997 to read it as was originally written?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Orig ... rk:12:pf:0
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Um... we’re not talking about the novelization. We’re talking about a quote from The Making of Star Wars, an exhaustive coffee table book on the subject printed in 2007.

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Star-Wars ... 8&qid=&sr=

In it, the author uses a quotation about the Force from an interview with George that was conducted in 1977. However, during the writing of the book, George himself added a new “clarification” to that quotation that mentioned midichlorians. As I posted, the original 1977 quote said nothing about them. The problem is, the book doesn’t make this distinction. It presents the newly revised 2007 version of the quotation as if it is the original 1977 quotation. This has caused confusion and many clickbait articles (such as the one mr.negativity linked) that believes and promotes the idea that George came up with midichlorians as far back as 1977, which is patently false.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm

My apologies. I agreed with all your points however, I just misread the source. It's just that I previously owned novelizations of the original film (both pre and post 1997) I wouldn't be surprised if Midichlorians were added after the fact as you stated regarding the The Making of Star Wars. I was just curious to know if the novelizations received the *special edition* treatment, or were for the most part left untouched?
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Yeah, as far as I know, the novelizations have never been altered and even current printings are still the original text. The community on the Star Wars forums I frequent are pretty obsessive about finding and documenting these kinds of revisions so I’m sure I’d have heard of it if the novelizations had been changed.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Re: ‘Ewoks’

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

eabaker wrote:
Gwangi wrote:And I guess this would be the second stand alone if one counts "The Ewok Adventure".

Well, there was also "Ewoks Battle for Endor."

/film Tuesday, March 19th, 2019:
‘Ewoks’ TV Show Headed to Disney+? Let’s Speculate Wildly!

YouTube:
Honest Trailers - Star Wars Spinoffs (Holiday Special & More!)
Spoiler Below:
phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: The David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Star Wars Trilogy

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 pm

mr.negativity wrote:/film February 11th, 2019:
New ‘Star Wars’ Film Series from ‘Game of Thrones’ Creators Seems to Be a Trilogy

What Will Benioff and Weiss' Star Wars Trilogy Be About?
Spoiler Below:
phpBB [media]

Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Opening Cinematic Video
phpBB [media]

STAR WARS NEWS NET MARCH 19TH, 2019:
RUMOR: BENIOFF AND WEISS’ FIRST STAR WARS FILM SET WELL BEFORE THE SKYWALKERS TO BEGIN FILMING THIS FALL
John Hoey wrote:A contact, who has worked on every Disney Star Wars film, has shared some interesting information. According to them, the next Star Wars film could possibly begin filming this Fall, and it will be the first film in the series of films by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. I am trying to get some confirmation on this information from other places, but as of now I only have one source, so I can only report this as a rumor, so use your pinches of cinnamon as you wish. Because of that simple fact, I can’t say I am as confident in this as I am about the Obi-Wan Kenobi streaming service series report, though the source provided proof they have worked on every Star Wars film since Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm and claim they are “95% confident this is accurate.” So let’s simply go over what we were told.

Our source told us they were:
“…approached about working on the next movie this Autumn. It is not the Rian Johnson trilogy, it is the Game of Thrones guys’ first movie, and it is set during the Old Republic, as Disney wants to open up the Star Wars timeline and appeal to a more ‘Game of Thrones‘ style audience.”

This really seems so on-the-nose in terms of what fans have been wishing for from these guys, so I asked for clarity on what else he heard about the project:
“So the timeline is hundreds of years prior to the Skywalkers, so think almost Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings.”

I asked if there was any grasp on something tangible happening for this production yet, or if it was all strictly talk/discussion based, and according to our source, the art departments are doing pre-production work as we speak:
“Filming starts in the Fall and art departments are in design phases now as the script is being finalized. That is all I know but I am 95% confident that this is accurate.”

Again, as of now I can only report this as a rumor because I have not been able to secure a second source on this information. The source has proven to be reliable in the past, and has been involved with all Disney-owned Star Wars films to date. But, with anything, as I like to say because I hate the use of the phrase “grain of salt”, use a pinch of cinnamon with this information. I am doing everything I can to dig and find more information about this, as it would certainly be very exciting news to know the next Star Wars movie will be going into production soon, as we prepare ourselves to say farewell to the Skywalkers when Episode IX hits theaters in nine months.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:15 pm

/film Thursday, April 11th, 2019:
‘Star Wars’ 4K Blu-ray Box Set Might Be in the Works at Disney

Screen Rant APR 11, 2019:
Disney Has Retitled The Original Star Wars Movie
HANNAH SHAW-WILLIAMS wrote:Disney has retitled the original Star Wars movie from Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope to simply Star Wars: A New Hope, in line with the titling approach for the current sequel trilogy.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: The ‘Star Wars' Slowdown / Star Wars Fatigue

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:08 pm

mr.negativity wrote:THR 9/20/2018:
Bob Iger Talks on Disney's Streaming Service, 'Roseanne,' James Gunn and a Coming ‘Star Wars' “Slowdown”
Matt Belloni wrote:Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not gonna make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're gonna start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're gonna be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.

Bloomberg April 11, 2019:
Star Wars Movies Will Take a Break After Episode IX, Disney Says
Christopher Palmeri and Emily Chang wrote:Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said he’s not at all concerned that consumers may be overexposed to the Star Wars brand, but the film franchise will go on “hiatus” after December’s big release.

“We have not announced any specific plans for movies thereafter,” Iger said in a Bloomberg Television interview Thursday. “There are movies in development, but we have not announced them.”

The upcoming film, which doesn’t yet have a title, is the ninth in the so-called Skywalker saga and slated for release on Dec. 20. It’s the third installment of a film trilogy that Disney began with “The Force Awakens” in 2015.

After that, the franchise will focus more on TV projects, Iger said.

“We will take a pause, some time, and reset,” he said, “because the Skywalker saga comes to an end with this ninth movie. There will be other Stars Wars movies, but there will be a bit of a hiatus.”

This is a critical year for Disney’s Star Wars business. The company is introducing two new Star Wars-themed lands at its parks in California and Florida this summer — and anticipating massive crowds.

Sluggish Toy Sales

Yet there’s a growing disturbance in the galaxy. Last year’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” — a stand-alone film that wasn’t part of the saga — was the lowest-grossing film in the four-decade history of the franchise. Star Wars toy sales fell in 2018 for the second year in a row, according to NPD research.

No less an authority than actor Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker himself, said he had experienced Star Wars fatigue in an interview this week.

When “Solo” debuted, some critics said Disney had begun to release Star Wars movies too quickly, overwhelming fans. A film hiatus may help address that. There are other movie projects in development, including a series from “Game of Thrones” creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, but nothing has been scheduled.

In the meantime, Disney will be focused on making content for its streaming platform. The company is creating the first-ever live action Star Wars TV series, “The Mandalorian,” which will air on the Disney+ service starting in November. That new online product also will have another live-action Star Wars series and the animated show “Clone Wars.”

The pivot to TV demonstrates that Star Wars creators at Disney’s Lucasfilm are being innovative, according to Iger. He also said that “Star Wars: Episode IX” would be a hit.

“It doesn’t have a name yet,” he said. “We think it will be great.”

THR APRIL 09, 2019:
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Mark Hamill ('Knightfall')
Scott Feinberg wrote:The screen legend best known for playing Luke Skywalker in six films over 42 years reflects on fame and typecasting, why he loves theater and voice acting, "'Star Wars' fatigue" and why he took on the role of a medieval SOB on History's drama series about the Knights Templar.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Taking a break is probably best so they can get the creative juices flowing.

In the mean time, they should do a fully remastered Blu-Ray and 4K combo set of the oiriginal versions to the OT.

BTW, toy sales would not be sluggish if people could actually find them. My stores are still stocked with The Last Jedi figures, so naturally nothing new has arrived. I've yet to even see the Rebels cast in stores.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Teaser from Stars Wars Celebration in Chicago has just been released for Episode 9, along with the title!

phpBB [media]
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dai » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

A title mathematically designed to drive Star Wars fans up the wall with competing theories for the next 8 months.

I'm hopeful, but it's clear that we're back into ultra-conservative original trilogy fanboy-pleasing territory here. There are enough hints to suspect we're looking at Return of the Jedi 2.0, and the return of Luke's lightsaber and Kylo's mask make me worry that this trilogy really will be defined by a pissing contest between two directors.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:32 pm

really like the emperor's cackling at the end of that trailer
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Dai wrote:A title mathematically designed to drive Star Wars fans up the wall with competing theories for the next 8 months.

Well, I think the title says it all - Luke will be Lazarus! :mrgreen:
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah I really don't know what to make of that teaser, I had the oddest reaction to it - on one hand I have enjoyed Disney's Star Wars films on the other I can't believe they didn't work out a cohesive story for this trilogy ahead of time. Disney has more time and money than god to get this stuff right and they ran headfirst in.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:50 pm

What I don't get is...shortly before TFA came out, so probably late 2015...JJ said in an interview that he had "read the script" for Episode VIII, and he was so jealous that he wasn't getting to direct it... So either that was a blatant lie, or Rian Johnson made some pretty extreme changes after that point,...or....the TLJ, which was so divisive, was in fact planned out well in advance... :?
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

That title makes no sense, there aren't any Skywalkers left.

Oh well, whatever. I'm going to see it anyway even if I don't really care.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:47 am

JJ has a history of planting mystery and lies in marketing campaigns, only for the truth to be the most obvious answer. In both of his Star Wars movies, he's bent continuity and logic to breaking point in order to put Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber in Rey's hand. Though I hope I'm wrong, I don't think he'll have any qualms about retconning Kylo's claims about Rey's parents so he can make her a Skywalker after all, since TFA implied it so heavily.

Then again, The title of The Last Jedi turned out to be misleading clickbait, so it's entirely possible we'll walk out of Episode IX still wondering what its title meant.

Other options include:
Spoiler Below:
Something more abstract, like the way Luke's legend became a rallying cry in the final scene of TLJ. 'The Rise of Skywalker' could refer to a new rebel movement inspired by Luke's death. I think Rian Johnson would have taken this angle, but it doesn't mesh with what I'd expect from JJ.

There are plenty of characters with known links to the Skywalker bloodline who could reclaim the name:
- It's long been said that Leia was meant to have a much larger role in Episode IX, and that's her theme playing in the teaser, so it could refer to her. How they'd manage that with just leftover footage of her from TLJ, I don't know though.
- Kylo might claim his grandfather's name, if JJ take us back to him being a Vader fanboy, as the repaired mask implies.
- Luke might have a significant presence as a force ghost. TLJ already established that force ghosts can interact with the world (Yoda's lightning bolt).

Or there might be some other pretender claiming the name.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Re: The ‘Star Wars' Slowdown / Star Wars Fatigue

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Bloomberg April 11, 2019:
Star Wars Movies Will Take a Break After Episode IX, Disney Says

Midnight's Edge:
Disney’s Bob Iger admits Star Wars has failed on the big screen?
Spoiler Below:
phpBB [media]

Midnight's Edge:
Star Wars: Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson Discarded J.J. Abram’s Trilogy Plan
Spoiler Below:
phpBB [media]

THR APRIL 12, 2019:
Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy on Planning "Next 10 Years" of Star Wars Films
Graeme McMillan wrote:
It’s the end of an era — and a saga. As the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker promises, the Dec. 20 movie will bring a piece of cinema history to a close, and according to Lucasfilm's president Kathleen Kennedy, that’s been the plan all along.

“We knew we were going to close this up, we knew that even before we started The Force Awakens,” Kennedy told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.

Disney CEO Bob Iger has spoken about Episode IX being the final Star Wars film for some time while the company focuses on small-screen efforts The Mandalorian, from Jon Favreau, as well as an untitled Rogue One prequel starring Diego Luna. But Kennedy is already planning plenty of big-screen adventures to come.

"We are looking at the next saga. We are not just looking at another trilogy, we're really looking at the next 10 years or more," Kennedy said.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson is developing a trilogy of films, while Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are crafting their own trilogy.

“This [movie] is the culmination of the Skywalker Saga; it’s by no means the culmination of Star Wars," said Kennedy. "I’m sitting down now with Dan Weiss and David Benioff...and Rian Johnson. We’re all sitting down to talk about, where do we go next? We’ve all had conversations about what the possibilities might be, but now we’re locking it down."

This summit is on the calendar for next month, Kennedy said.

Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams came into the project after the September 2017 exit of Colin Trevorrow, and for him it was a chance to complete the journey he started with 2015's The Force Awakens.

“When Kathy called and asked if I’d be interested in coming aboard this movie, I was surprised by how emotional I felt about it,” Abrams told THR. “I didn’t expect to feel the way I did, and the opportunity to finish the story we started was something I couldn’t resist.”

The Rise of Skywalker isn’t just the end of the story started in The Force Awakens; it’s also the end of the nine-movie cycle started with 1977’s original movie. Abrams described trying to tie everything together as “this crazy challenge,” but believes that the movie will satisfy the demands placed upon it.

“The beauty of working with [co-writer] Chris Terrio and producing with Kathleen Kennedy is that I think we have found a way — I hope, it’s up for you to decide — to bring this story to a conclusion in a way that feels satisfying, surprising, amusing, shocking, all the ways that a story should make you feel. Mostly, it’s an adventure story about this new generation of characters who have inherited all sorts of things from those who come before. That was, in a way, how I felt about working on this movie.”

Everyone involved with the movie was staying tight-lipped about any potential plot spoilers for the none-more-secretive movie, but a running theme in talking to the cast was the sense of responsibility and community the final installment brought.

“I’m very proud of the story that J.J. put together, and I’m very proud of the performances,” John Boyega said. “It’s all of us together, and for me, that was enough.” Daisy Ridley added, “I felt a lot of emotion because I was so happy with what we were doing, I was so happy with the people I was working with, the cast and crew was amazing. All of the other stuff sort of falls to the wayside. You’re just trying to do the right thing [for the movie]; that’s all you can do.”

Ridley also sidestepped any question about the title’s meaning with regard to Rey’s parentage by talking about how new the title actually is. “I only learned the title last week,” she said. “I’m still processing.” Boyega, she added, only learned the title "last night."

Naomi Ackie, who plays new character Jana, said that her experience on the movie included “a lot of quiet moments sitting very quietly on the carpet floor saying, ‘I just need a second to get over this.’ It can be quite overwhelming, but this experience has been, and continues to be, so positive. It’s helped me grow as a person, to be honest.”

Also positive was the standing ovation Kelly Marie Tran received at the Star Wars: Episode IX panel, coming after she had temporarily stepped away from social media after being targeted by trolls. “I was so emotional,” she said. “I definitely did not expect it, and I was all, ‘I’m not prepared! I’m not prepared!’ I was just trying to keep it all together.”

Tran was one of the few castmembers willing to entertain the possibility of appearing in a future Star Wars project, saying, “I love what Rian [Johnson] did, I love what J.J.’s doing, and I love that I’ve had the chance to be a part of it. I would never put an X on anything.” Boyega, on the other hand, said that he was “absolutely” ready to step away from Finn for the time being, explaining that the Rise of Skywalker shoot “gave me all the pleasure I needed, all the closure I needed” after spending years with the character.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 am

Henry88 wrote:really like the emperor's cackling at the end of that trailer

I went to Celebration and attended the Episode IX panel. When the trailer ended Ian McDiarmid walked on stage and, using his full Emperor voice, said "Roll it again." The crowd went nuts.

I just hope they don't go with the stupid EU/Legends clone route. I think it is the Emperor that Kylo is actually hearing/talking to in TFA when looking at Vader's mask, I mean it makes more sense that the "ghost" of Palpatine is lying to Kylo than that the spirit of Vader, who actually turned to the light and became Anakin once again, is whispering evil thoughts into his grandson's ear.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 am

^ How cool you got to be there for such a neat reveal!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:35 pm

XvGojira wrote:I just hope they don't go with the stupid EU/Legends clone route. I think it is the Emperor that Kylo is actually hearing/talking to in TFA when looking at Vader's mask, I mean it makes more sense that the "ghost" of Palpatine is lying to Kylo than that the spirit of Vader, who actually turned to the light and became Anakin once again, is whispering evil thoughts into his grandson's ear.

For a Comic, I thought Dark Empire was actually pretty good. Now admittedly, I would not think that would translate well to film, nor would I want it to. The whole idea of who/what survives beyond life in SW has been a bit ambiguous. Originally it was thought that all became *one with the force* upon passing, but Jedi Spirits changed all that, then it was originally saved JUST for especially powerful or significant Jedi, but then one wonders...What exactly was it that Luke experienced on Dagobah in ESB. Also now the Clone Wars TV series confirmed that Sith Lords (Darth Bane) can appear in spirit form as well, and since that apparently is still canon, a spirit of Palpatine would be the most logical choice, but I guess we'll see.
Spoiler Below:
I still think my original theory I had just after seeing TFA in December 2015 has merit, that somehow Rey is related to Palpatine based solely on her lightsaber technique (or some might say, lack thereof)... :wink: Doesn't mean she's evil, but it will be interesting to find out come December who Rey really is
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

O.Supreme wrote:
XvGojira wrote:I just hope they don't go with the stupid EU/Legends clone route. I think it is the Emperor that Kylo is actually hearing/talking to in TFA when looking at Vader's mask, I mean it makes more sense that the "ghost" of Palpatine is lying to Kylo than that the spirit of Vader, who actually turned to the light and became Anakin once again, is whispering evil thoughts into his grandson's ear.

For a Comic, I thought Dark Empire was actually pretty good. Now admittedly, I would not think that would translate well to film, nor would I want it to. The whole idea of who/what survives beyond life in SW has been a bit ambiguous. Originally it was thought that all became *one with the force* upon passing, but Jedi Spirits changed all that, then it was originally saved JUST for especially powerful or significant Jedi, but then one wonders...What exactly was it that Luke experienced on Dagobah in ESB. Also now the Clone Wars TV series confirmed that Sith Lords (Darth Bane) can appear in spirit form as well, and since that apparently is still canon, a spirit of Palpatine would be the most logical choice, but I guess we'll see.
Spoiler Below:
I still think my original theory I had just after seeing TFA in December 2015 has merit, that somehow Rey is related to Palpatine based solely on her lightsaber technique (or some might say, lack thereof)... :wink: Doesn't mean she's evil, but it will be interesting to find out come December who Rey really is

Screen Rant DEC 20, 2018:
Star Wars: Anakin Skywalker's 'Father' Finally Revealed
Spoiler Below:

Palpatine is Kylo's great grandfather.

Screen Rant:
Star Wars 9 Theory: Grey Jedi Exist, But They’re Called Skywalkers
Last edited by mr.negativity on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Yeah that Conversation
Spoiler Below:
In Revenge of the Sith pretty much always lent itself to that possibility....
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Now that it is May 2019, 20 years ago at this time, we were still in an era where there was no such thing as a "bad" Star Wars movie. In May 1999, the most controversial SW movie was still "Return of the Jedi".

It is funny that after I saw "The Phantom Menace", I did not know what to think. I felt like that scene in "Citizen Kane" where Charles Foster Kane is forcing an applause after watching his wife give a terrible opera performance!

I hope that the franchise will take a LONG hiatus after this next installment.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television