[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Greg Berlanti's DCTV Universe • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Greg Berlanti's DCTV Universe

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Greg Berlanti's DCTV Universe

Postby Gentleman » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:44 pm

At first I loved the fact that the Crisis was bringing back so many classic DC actors. Burt Ward, Robert Wuhl and Michael Keaton (sort of), cast members of old shows like Birds of Prey and Smallville. But the more I think about it the less excited I am, because it's most likely that those characters and the worlds they inhabit are not likely to have happy endings.

Here's hoping that I'm wrong.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:24 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Crisis On Infinite Earths Really DID Try To Get Nicolas Cage's Superman
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 am

After looking forward to this all year, I just found out that I won't be able to watch all of it. Batwoman hasn't been picked up by anyone in the UK, so that slice of the crossover won't be broadcast here. I can't even buy the episode on Amazon. :x
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:30 am

All right, Crisis is FINALLY here and the first part was... okay.

First off, too much exposition about what has been happening with Supergirl. Like okay, apparently something happened between Alex and Lena, I get it. They don't have to tell me that every 30 seconds Lena is on screen. What I do want to know is why the hell Jimmy and Wynn are not there. Like I know Wynn left the show, but they still should have had him show up for this event. They also didn't tell me who the masked girl in blue was. Why is Brainiac 5 still using that stupid ass "chameleon skin" thing? Why can't he just be Brainiac 5 since apparently aliens are living on the planet or something? How about less talky talk and more action? For their world about to be deleted, they sure had a lot of down time to talk about their feelings.

The one thing I thought they had stopped doing with these crossovers is making the crossover feel like it was self contained to that one specific show. Crisis on Earth X and Elseworlds felt like they were a big event. Here, I felt like it was a Supergirl episode that just happens to have a crossover event happening like The Invasion did a few year's ago.

When we finally do get to see the heroes being heroes all they get to do is fight CGI'd ghosts? What the hell is that? We are going to have actual villains in this show right? Maybe it's because I haven't read it in like 10 years, but I don't remember there being ghosts at all times.

Oh, so Nash, or Pariah, accidentally let the Anti-Monitor out from that underground tunnel in Central City? That's great, just real great. Nice going Nash. Maybe next time DON'T open a wall with alien hieroglyphics? Just saying.

The opening bit of seeing various Earths was pretty awesome despite the names of the universes not being all that original. That was cool to see Knox from the first Burton Batman movie. Of course they had to have Burt Ward say some lame ass line, but at least his delivery was hilarious. I'm going to guess the one world was from the Titans show, right? At least, Emo Robin looked like it and I could feel the edginess of the show coming out of my TV screen.

Moving as many humans as possible to another Earth? Who do they think they are, the Ultimates? :lol

Wait, why does Batwoman recognize Supergirl but no one else?

Oliver's "death" seemed extremely rushed. Maybe they could chopped off the boring talk between Supergirl and Superman on the DEO balcony and actually showed Oliver's climatic battle and then had a nice death scene? Also, if he's supposed to dead, why is he blinking?

I did love the swirling camera for the fight against the ghosts. That was very cool. Too bad the music couldn't make that battle feel as energetic as the camera work did.

Overall, I guess my hype levels were a little too high as I was expecting with all of the dramatic build up over the last 8 weeks to lead into something that was going to finally focus more on the super heroing aspect as opposed to the dramatic bits. Hopefully the Anti-Monitor actually shows up in the next episode.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Dr Kain I agree with everything in your review.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:48 pm

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 am

This part was a vast improvement over last nights. I never felt bored and it felt more like a team thing than an individual series happening. I loved Sarah's breaking the fourth wall moment of saying she promised the rest of the team they would never have to do another crossover. The alternate Earth's Waverider with Captain Cold's voice as the computer was priceless. Makes me hope he actually returns to Flash so we can get some real villains again.

Was that supposed to be an alternate version of Jonah Hex? If so, that sucks that he got relegated to being some villainous rapist instead of the honorable despot he is supposed to be.

Brandon Routh killed it as his version of Superman and I really loved the scene when they were comparing Ray and that version of Clark. The fight between the two Supermans was cool.

It was interesting to see Kevin Conroy play what would be Zack Snyder's Batman if the man had been allowed to continue his reign of terror over the movies.

On the other hand, the scene with the Clark who somehow gave up his powers went on for too long. I get he is supposed to be from a previous TV series or something, but other universes they brought actors back for had scenes last 20 seconds, so they could have shaved off a minute or two from this one.

Not sure how I feel about this version of Lex. Something just seems off about him. Maybe it's the beard, but I just don't see Lex Luthor.

Always great to see Constantine. No one will ever be good enough to replace Matt Ryan.

The Anti-Monitor looks a lot better on screen than he did in the photos. At least, due to the lighting in the hallway. It could change. No idea why he is summoning Harbinger though, that honor should go to Psycho Pirate.

Sadly, there was nothing special about the camera work at all this episode, though, that could just be due to how little there was in action scenes outside of the Superman fight.

I do hope there is something WOW inducing in tomorrow's part though.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Technically every DC medium is cannon with the Arrowverse considering they are all on alternate Earths.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:15 am

So that was Part 3... Eh...

Another crossover comment, hilarious.

I did like the 90s Flash taking CW Flash's place even though we all figured that was going to happen. It gives some closure to the 90s show.

Where the friggin hell is Psycho Pirate? He's supposed to be a major player in this story.

Black Lightning was a complete waste of time. He had no proper introduction, had like a minute of development, and then that was it. Such crap.

That was cool to see Lucifer even though I've never watched the show.

Thank the gods Constantine mentioned that Jim Corrigan is NOT the right Corrigan. I really hope we see Spectre in the next part.

For being an episode of Flash, it sure feels like Flash is still getting the least amount of screen time compared to the other main heroes.

Monitor returning Cisco's powers made him getting rid of them last season utterly pointless. Just another retcon that shows how garbage the show has become.

Great, another plain clothes super hero. Yay...

Lex taking Sup's place? Okay, that's a very Lex thing to do. If only I cared about this version of Lex.

Seriously, where the hell is Psycho Pirate?

So wiping out Earth 1 just made the entire Earth 38 transport utterly pointless. So glad we spent 15 minutes on that plot point in Part 1 for nothing.

So far I have to say there is nothing in this story that has been WOWing me at all. Fanservice is pretty much all of it has going for it and that's not enough after the grandiose crossover that was Crisis on Earth X.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Greg Berlanti's Crisis On Infinite Earths

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:42 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 am

Well that was... uh... a thing. It was... utterly and beyond boring. My god, Part 4 was pretty much nothing but filler and then Part 5 was, well still mostly filler, but at least it had fun moments. These episodes really proved that without any sort of fanservice they had no substance at all. This whole thing could have been told as a 3 parter and that was it as it meandered around A LOT.

First off, no Reverse Flash or Psycho Pirate despite RF clearly stating he would return during Crisis and CW advertising that Psycho Pirate would return in Crisis.

Secondly, if you're going to do The Spectre, you need to do the "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" Spectre! Putting a boxing hood on Oliver and using Audacity to alter his voice does NOT make him The Spectre!! Couldn't they have at least bleached his god damn skin white in post? Have they ever even read a freaking comic with The Spectre in it before or even looked at the artwork? What's even worse is that all of that build up and he did jackshit as Spectre outside of shooting eye lasers into the sky. Yep, they clearly know their source material. Jesus, it pisses me off so badly that this will probably be the ONLY time we would ever get Spectre in live action form and they dun "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" him up.

The way Oliver was dressed and the face up shots of him when he was talking to Barry in the speed force had me wanting him to say, "Welcome to the Twilight Zone."

Um... where are Iris and Joe? Don't they deserve a "We're alive" scene?

The Beebo stuff was funny, as were the crossover digs.

So they created a new Earth, and then it split into a new set of multiverses? Huh? Swamp Thing is Earth 19? Why not make it Earth Canceled?

Not sure how I feel about the Ezra Miller Flash appearing. That seemed pointless.

Superman has two kids now? Diggle has two kids now? Wait, how did Lila get back to normal? Last time we saw her she was part of the Anti-Monitor?

Where's Wally?

The Atomverse/Microverse bit was funny.

Jesus, this whole thing was a mess. Too many convoluted plots and too many questions left unanswered.

Right now, I'm not even sure I want to bother with the last 2 episodes of Arrow given that the show essentially concluded here with Crisis.

Who was the girl Kara met up with for Lex's prize speech?

Now I will say I did like the formation of the Justice League at the end despite them clearly not being allowed to use the Justice League brand name. That was pretty cool. Not sure why they needed to put a nod to Gleek in there, but okay. Does this mean the next crossover is going to feature Space Ghost?

Overall, this was not worth the wait at all. It also left way more questions than I had beforehand, which is not a good sign. On the other hand, this is probably the perfect jumping off point as this felt like it could work as a complete series finale to the entire CW verse. Well okay, by perfect I mean a load of "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!", but if you're going to stop watching the shows, this is without a doubt the best time to do, so I think I might just do that. We'll see. I might feel better by next week, but for now, good bye and good night.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television