The official SEQUEL thread

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: The official SEQUEL thread

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 am

Is TRON 3 Titled TRON: ASCENSION?
The next installment in the ‘TRON’ Franchise Might Be Shooting from October to February
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:04 am

mr.negativity wrote:Is TRON 3 Titled TRON: ASCENSION?
The next installment in the ‘TRON’ Franchise Might Be Shooting from October to February

Yes, please and thank you. Love both Trons and thought a lot of great stuff was set up for whatever Tron 3 would be. I think Disney just got distracted by their new shinny new toys Marvel and Star Wars. Tron 3 probably would already be out if they didn't spend time those properties first.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: GREMLINS

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:47 am

phpBB [media]
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Hmmmmm, a reinvention of the movie? I'm alright with that. As much as I love the Gremlins movies, they're wild and wacky enough that a remake, in of itself, doesn't bother me too much. My biggest gripe will be that it will be mostly by CGI with little to no animatronics or puppetry, at least I assume so.

So if this just turns out to be a stealth Gremlins 3, great. If it's just a new Gremlins I can deal with that better than the Ghostbusters we're getting.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm

30 ‘Gremlins’ facts, 30 Christmas seasons later
Mike McPadden wrote:26. Many scripts were considered for a “Gremlins” sequel. One frontrunner, penned by Monty Python member Terry Jones, depicted Gizmo and Stripe growing to behemoth sizes and knocking over skyscrapers in Manhattan.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 pm

mr.negativity wrote:30 ‘Gremlins’ facts, 30 Christmas seasons later
Mike McPadden wrote:26. Many scripts were considered for a “Gremlins” sequel. One frontrunner, penned by Monty Python member Terry Jones, depicted Gizmo and Stripe growing to behemoth sizes and knocking over skyscrapers in Manhattan.

I once dreampt of a Gremlins 3 where they took over a Russian sub. Beyond that point it didn't make sense.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:10 am

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6 Aiming to Shoot Next Summer Says Tom Cruise
Who will get in the director’s chair for Ethan Hunt’s next mission?
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:11 am

XvGojira wrote:
mr.negativity wrote:30 ‘Gremlins’ facts, 30 Christmas seasons later

I once dreampt of a Gremlins 3 where they took over a Russian sub. Beyond that point it didn't make sense.

Did the salt water burn them or make them multiply?
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:01 am

mr.negativity wrote:
XvGojira wrote:I once dreampt of a Gremlins 3 where they took over a Russian sub. Beyond that point it didn't make sense.

Never came up in the dream.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 am

XvGojira wrote:
mr.negativity wrote:
XvGojira wrote:I once dreampt of a Gremlins 3 where they took over a Russian sub. Beyond that point it didn't make sense.

Never came up in the dream.

Try to dream about that again. I want to find out what happens next.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Sherlock Holmes 3

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Producer Says He's Working on Sherlock Holmes 3 Script - IGN News
phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:55 pm

Producer Says He's Working on Sherlock Holmes 3 Script - IGN News
phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:46 pm

I wouldn't mind another Sherlock film! I liked the first one a whole lot, found the second not quite as good... but I think Downey and Law are great and would definitely watch another installment of their pulp auctioneer take on Holmes.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Watchmen 2

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:44 am

mr.negativity wrote:From Bleeding Cool :
Get Ready For Watchmen 2

From MTV February 3, 2010:
''300’ And 'Watchmen' Sequels? Zack Snyder Explains What Would Bring Him Back (If Anything)
Brian Warmoth wrote:“I know that I wouldn’t have anything to do with it,” he said of a “Watchmen 2.”

In his response, Snyder described a divide between his attitudes and those of major Hollywood studios in dealing with comics and graphic novel adaptations, which he said still do not receive the same level of respect as prose novels.

“It would be like me going to [‘No Country for Old Men’ author] Cormac McCarthy and going, ‘I have an idea for a movie: You write a book and I’ll write a movie, and you can release it. You’ll win a Pulitzer, I’ll win an Oscar. It’ll be awesome,’” the director elaborated. “The attitude toward comic books, they show their hand a little bit. They would never say that about a real novelist, but they would about a comic book.”

In fact, Snyder hopes that “Watchmen” will be the film that changes that dynamic, as he puts it, by giving “geek culture a little bit of cred.”

Collider 10/01/2015:
[Exclusive: HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Zack Snyder
HBO has confirmed our exclusive with this statement:
“Preliminary discussions regarding Watchmen have occurred but we have no additional information and no deals are in place.”

Variety:
HBO in Preliminary Talks with Zack Snyder for ‘Watchmen’ Superhero Series
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: 2manji

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Scott Rosenberg Comes Aboard ‘Jumanji’ For Columbia Pictures
Anita Busch wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Scott Rosenberg has just been tapped to do a rewrite on the redo of Jumanji for Columbia Pictures. The project is considered a high priority for the studio as it plan to have the film set for release on Christmas Day next year. The project, produced by Matt Tolmach and Bill Teitler, is said to be a re-imagination of the original Chris Van Allsburg book about a board game that comes to life.

Rosenberg has written for both the small and big screen. The first season of Zoo based on the 2012 novel of the same name by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was just completed for CBS which he developed, wrote and executive produced with Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Jeff Pinkner. In fact, Pinkner is going to consult on the Jumanji script with Rosenberg. Ted Field and Mike Weber are executive producing.

Rosenberg’s credits are very well known, and he is versatile in comedy and action and also is adept at adapting books, which makes him kind of the perfect scribe for Jumanji since the project encompasses all three of those skill sets. He has written everything from Beautiful Girls, Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead, High Fidelity to Gone In Sixty Seconds and Grasshopper Jungle (a YA novel about high school teenagers who fight for their lives during the apocalypse).
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Bond 25/00 Movie Universe?

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:11 am

This article contains spoilers.
Spectre: 9 burning Bond questions we need answers to right now
What happened to The One Ring
EMMA DIBDIN wrote:
Spoiler Below:
5. Who is 009?

We know that he was assigned the Aston Martin DB10 which Bond commandeered, and that his taste in music makes Bond grimace. It's pretty rare that we hear anything at all about another 00 agent - the last time being Sean Bean's double-crossing 006 in Goldeneye, so to have 009 fleshed out even this much is significant. Is 009 the campy yin to Bond's gritty yang – a winking, wisecracking agent in the Roger Moore mould?

Aficionados will remember that Bond replaced 009 following the latter's death in Octopussy, but we're going to go out on a limb and say the Sam Mendes incarnation of 009 probably wouldn't have been dressed as a clown, had we got to meet him. Maybe in the next movie, we'll find ou
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Bond 25/00 Movie Universe?

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:08 am

A Family Team Looks for James Bond’s Next Assignment
Barbara Broccoli, 55, and her half brother have controlled the rights to James Bond since 1995, ever since their father, Albert R. Broccoli, handed over the keys to the series.
BROOKS BARNES wrote:In particular, it is the steely-eyed Ms. Broccoli who runs the Bond franchise. She was the one who decided to recast the central character in 2005, giving the job to Mr. Craig, whom she had spotted in an indie drama called “Layer Cake.” She was the one who, with “Spectre” hanging in the balance after the on-set injury of Mr. Craig early this year, figured out how to keep the $300 million production on track.

Yes, a woman is in charge of the world’s most aspirational male brand.

The complicated Mr. Craig, 47, has professed a desire to move on before, but this time he seems to really mean it. (“I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists,” he told a British magazine in October when asked if he wanted to continue playing the character.)
Spoiler Below:
Moreover, the final scenes of “Spectre” seem designed to set up the departure of this particular 007, or at least close a chapter.

The Bond contract is also expiring for Sony Pictures Entertainment, which has distributed the last four movies. At least three studios — Sony, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox — are expected to battle for the right to take Bond into the future.

Still, Sony also finds itself at a crossroads. After enduring a battle with the activist investor Daniel S. Loeb and a devastating attack by hackers, the studio shook up its movie division this year, bringing in a new movie chairman, Thomas E. Rothman, who has a track record of financial discipline. Sony can’t exactly back up a Brink’s truck to keep Bond while preaching austerity to the rest of Hollywood.

And the expiring deal is lavish, requiring Sony to pay 50 percent of the “Spectre” production costs — which total some $250 million after accounting for government incentives — for only 25 percent of certain profits, once costs are recouped. Sony also shoulders tens of millions of dollars in marketing costs.

In an email stolen by hackers and widely published online, Andrew Gumpert, who oversees business affairs for Sony, figured that the studio would realize about $38 million in profit if “Spectre” performed as “Skyfall” did. (Sony earned about $57 million from “Skyfall,” which was less expensive to make, while MGM collected roughly $175 million and Eon’s share amounted to $109 million.)

There is one other factor working against Sony. Mr. Lynton this year pushed out the studio’s longtime movie chief, Amy Pascal, and she was the Sony executive with the strongest relationship with Ms. Broccoli. Was Ms. Broccoli upset by Ms. Pascal’s exit?

“Yes,” she said. “Amy has been a big part of the success of these movies, and we adore her.” Asked which Sony executive they are closest to now, Ms. Broccoli and Mr. Wilson struggled for an answer. Ms. Broccoli ultimately offered that Josh Greenstein, Sony’s relatively new head of marketing, “does fantastic work.”

Since there are no more Fleming books to adapt outright, each new Bond movie starts with Ms. Broccoli and Mr. Wilson rereading the old novels, they said. “We really like to kind of saturate ourselves in the world he created,” she said. Then, working in their stately London offices near the Hyde Park end of Piccadilly, they try to channel the fears and insecurities of the global moviegoing audience.

“We think, ‘What is the world afraid of? Where are we headed?’ Then we try to create a villain that is the physical embodiment of that fear,” Mr. Wilson said. With “Spectre,” they zeroed in on government surveillance.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 am

mr.negativity wrote:MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6 Aiming to Shoot Next Summer Says Tom Cruise
Who will get in the director’s chair for Ethan Hunt’s next mission?

Variety:
Christopher McQuarrie Eyeing Return for ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll wrote:Following the massive success of “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,” Paramount and Skydance are hoping to stay in business with writer-director Christopher McQuarrie. According to sources close to the situation, McQuarrie will return to write “Mission: Impossible 6,” as well as possibly direct the next installment.

The studio and reps for McQuarrie have declined to comment, but several sources with knowledge of the situation say talks are progressing towards a deal being closed, with one insider saying that the studio plans to get production up and running by next August.

Tom Cruise is set to star with the studio also holding an option for Rebecca Ferguson to reprise her “Rogue Nation” role of Ilsa Faust. Cruise is currently filming “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” in New Orleans. Following the success of “Rogue Nation,” Paramount made it clear they wanted to move fast to get the next installment of the popular “M:I” franchise into production sometime next year.

If McQuarrie’s deal closes, it would mark a major milestone for the franchise, which has never had a director helm more than one installment.

While he has plenty in development, McQuarrie has nothing pressing on his slate that would impede him from working on an “M:I 6” script and prepping the film for a summer 2016 shoot.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 am

“SHERLOCK HOLMES 3″ TAPS SCRIBE JAMES COYNE
Coyne landed on last year’s Black List with his script Treasure Island for Warners and Lionel Wigram.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Bond 25

Postby mr.negativity » Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 am

Sam Mendes won’t direct next James Bond film: ‘It’s time for somebody else’
Former theatre director who oversaw Skyfall and Spectre said he ‘loved every second of it’ but that he was ready to move on from the franchise

BMD May. 27, 2016:
EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hiddleston Confirmed To Be In Talks For BOND 25
A source close to the actor tells us he's indeed in discussions for the role.
PHIL NOBILE JR. wrote:I can’t quite get my head around just what flavor of 007 Tom Hiddleston would be tapped to deliver. Frankly, if anything, THAT’S what makes his casting an exciting prospect. Giving an audience what they expect is what led to the lazier entries of the franchise, and much like the craignotbond.com days of 2005, it seems Eon will be charting its own course.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:06 am

British Bookies Are Now Betting On Aidan Turner To Play James Bond
http://uproxx.com/movies/aidan-turner-next-bond-bets/
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Watchmen 2

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am

Geoff Johns & Zack Snyder Are Working On A Secret Project
Apparently it’s not a film project. Could it be the Watchmen series rumored to air on HBO.
Mark Julian wrote:According to Slashfilm, Snyder and Johns' mystery project is not a movie. Back in 2015, there were reports that HBO was considering developing a Watchmen TV series so perhaps this is the project?

From Bleeding Cool :
Get Ready For Watchmen 2

From MTV February 3, 2010:
''300’ And 'Watchmen' Sequels? Zack Snyder Explains What Would Bring Him Back (If Anything)
Brian Warmoth wrote:“I know that I wouldn’t have anything to do with it,” he said of a “Watchmen 2.”

In his response, Snyder described a divide between his attitudes and those of major Hollywood studios in dealing with comics and graphic novel adaptations, which he said still do not receive the same level of respect as prose novels.

“It would be like me going to [‘No Country for Old Men’ author] Cormac McCarthy and going, ‘I have an idea for a movie: You write a book and I’ll write a movie, and you can release it. You’ll win a Pulitzer, I’ll win an Oscar. It’ll be awesome,’” the director elaborated. “The attitude toward comic books, they show their hand a little bit. They would never say that about a real novelist, but they would about a comic book.”

In fact, Snyder hopes that “Watchmen” will be the film that changes that dynamic, as he puts it, by giving “geek culture a little bit of cred.”

Collider 10/01/2015:
[Exclusive: HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Zack Snyder
HBO has confirmed our exclusive with this statement:
“Preliminary discussions regarding Watchmen have occurred but we have no additional information and no deals are in place.”

Variety:
HBO in Preliminary Talks with Zack Snyder for ‘Watchmen’ Superhero Series
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 am

Tom Cruise 'Mission: Impossible 6' Pay Dispute Halts Preproduction
Borys Kit wrote:A dispute over salary between Tom Cruise and Paramount has halted preproduction on Mission: Impossible 6, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The studio, which was co-financing the movie with Skydance, was in the prep stages for a January 2017 production start and Christopher McQuarrie, who is back on directing duties after reinvigorated the franchise with the fifth installment, is writing the script.

Sources tell THR that one of the contentious points is Cruise's back-end profit participation, with the actor looking to match or exceed what he is getting paid by Universal for starring in The Mummy, which he is currently shooting in London. Mummy is a pivotal movie for Universal, which is looking to launch a cinematic franchise and has hinged plenty on Cruise’s star power.

This is the second hiccup this summer for Mission: Impossible 6. In July, the project threatened to fall apart over what one source said was script issues. That obstacle pushed a November start into the new year.

Paramount initially wanted Mission: Impossible 6 for a late 2017 release but it is currently undated.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television