The J.J. Abrams Thread

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Postby mrbluehair » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:45 am

Just went to the aladygma site and there are a lot more spaces to click including some weird videos and audio.

Now when I go to 00/11/22/88 it gives me a white page with black center and "click to play" when I click it with google chrome it goes to my download dialogue box and asks if I want to save a file....Cloverfield...I'll try to do a print screen and post it.
You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you... for your greatness will silence them all!
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm totally up for another Cloverfield movie, in any shape or form.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby kiryugoji04 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:38 pm

I'm very wary of the idea of another Cloverfield movie using the same gimmick a second time around... >>

Now if it were a versus film.... 8D
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 am

Looking at another area of the site was a diagram of our solar system, showing a path for the earth to leave orbit and a satellite looking thing outside of Jupiter. There is a large diagram above it with a similar looking satellite with a diagram of the Alien from the Alien movies....weird..
You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you... for your greatness will silence them all!
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:25 pm

If this isn't a godzilla vs voltron movie I'll leave the fandom.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Meh. When the project is announced, maybe I'll care if it sounds cool. Making cryptic web pages for people to speculate nonsense over isn't going to get me interested in a film.

So in other words I don't care right now, and unless it sounds promising, I won't ever care.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Stark Rhavyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

MouthForWar wrote:Meh. When the project is announced, maybe I'll care if it sounds cool. Making cryptic web pages for people to speculate nonsense over isn't going to get me interested in a film.

So in other words I don't care right now, and unless it sounds promising, I won't ever care.

Plus, shouldn't we all have learned our lesson from the last Cloverfield movie? All that viral marketing that had little or nothing to do with the actual movie?
Don't let them play you for a sucker twice.
Signatures are stupid and annoying.
Stark Rhavyn
Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm

From MTV: ‘Cloverfield’ Director Matt Reeves Talks Sequel Dilemma
[quote="Josh Horowitz"]Ever since “Cloverfieldâ€
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:14 pm

[quote="mr.negativity"]From MTV: ‘Cloverfield’ Director Matt Reeves Talks Sequel Dilemma
[quote="Josh Horowitz"]Ever since “Cloverfieldâ€
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 pm

^ Maybe so, but when they are saying that they wanted to create "America's Monster", then there's got to be more then 1 film.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer
Cookie
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:44 am

A giant squid monster was found in the ocean near Mexico.
source: Io9
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:19 pm

What in the world does that have to do with this movie? Err, or whatever the heck this stuff is.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Temjin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Giganzilla wrote:What in the world does that have to do with this movie? Err, or whatever the heck this stuff is.

that's a good question....just what the heck IS all this stuff? It looks to me like this "site" is just a bunch of random stuff that was put there so anyone looking will "find" something.

JJ may be good at setting up, but an uber-genius he ain't. Aladygma, whatever it really is, is just a set up - nothing more. If anything, it's freaked me out enough to label it crazystuff.

BTW, that squid, is definitely NOT part of JJ's grand freakout scheme....but freaky nonetheless.
"A Man is truly dead when he is forgotten. Don't let them forget you. Ever."
Temjin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Temjin wrote:that's a good question....just what the heck IS all this stuff? It looks to me like this "site" is just a bunch of random stuff that was put there so anyone looking will "find" something.

BTW, that squid, is definitely NOT part of JJ's grand freakout scheme....but freaky nonetheless.

The site in general wasn't what I was talking about, just the squid, which is a real creature and news item. I gave up on trying to figure out the site a long time ago.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Temjin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Giganzilla wrote:
Temjin wrote:that's a good question....just what the heck IS all this stuff? It looks to me like this "site" is just a bunch of random stuff that was put there so anyone looking will "find" something.

The site in general wasn't what I was talking about, just the squid, which is a real creature and news item. I gave up on trying to figure out the site a long time ago.

I was talking in general. You just gave me a cue to speak out about it. :P
"A Man is truly dead when he is forgotten. Don't let them forget you. Ever."
Temjin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:32 pm

King Ghidorah will make the BEST ROBEAST EVER!!! I can't wait! :D
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Cliffhanger Reboot

Postby mr.negativity » Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Brick Side wrote:
mr.negativity wrote:Maybe it's the sequel to Cliffhanger!

Pfft. Forget that. Everyone knows that the world wants a sequel to Over the Top!

WTF!!!!
From Variety:
Storming into Cannes with an ever-more muscular international slate and standout financial results, Gallic mini-major StudioCanal has announced that it will be teaming with Neal Moritz's L.A.-based Original Films to reboot "Cliffhanger."

A big-budget international action-adventure thriller set in a big mountain milieu, the makeover of Renny Harlin's 1993 pic will center on a group of young climbers.

"Just as they rebooted 'Star Trek,' we're going to do the same with 'Cliffhanger,' " said Moritz, who will produce. Unlike the original, where Italy stood in for the Colorado Rockies, the new redo looks set to feature multiple cliff-face locations.

Moritz ("Fast & Furious") and StudioCanal are looking to attach a screenwriter.

Aiming for a 2010 shoot, the makeover forms one of "a half-dozen or so projects" linking StudioCanal and Moritz, said StudioCanal chairman Olivier Courson.

Moritz is already producing an $80 million-plus remake of "Escape from New York" for Warner Bros.-New Line and StudioCanal. And Universal and StudioCanal are co-financing the Moritz-produced narrative remake of docu "The Complete History of My Sexual Failures," with Jay Roach attached to direct.

Owned by Vivendi paybox Canal Plus, StudioCanal will fully finance "Cliffhanger."

"The Cliffhanger" announcement comes as StudioCanal looks to drive with ever more force into U.S., international and local movie production. It's also upping the number of international pictures it's producing per year to around five.

Despite the global economic downturn, StudioCanal has just released eye-catching financials with total 2008 sales of E400 million ($532.8 million), up 7.5%, and $74.6 million operating profits, up 22%.

But the Gallic studio wants more. Its production investment in 2008 was at $200 million. According to Courson, StudioCanal will now approach investors to raise complementary financing -- targeting specific slates -- pushing yearly production investment beyond $270 million a year.

StudioCanal has international production relationships with a slew of high-profile companies: Original, Montecito (on "Chloe"), Spyglass (the Charlize Theron-starrer "The Tourist"), John Woo and Terence Chang's Lion Rock Prods. (for Kim Jee-woon's "Max and the Junkmen") and Media Asia -- where it co-finances Johnnie To's $40 million "The Red Circle," from a script by "Eastern Promises" director Steve Knight.

"Circle" begins to shoot in early fall, Courson said.

Taking world rights outside the U.S., StudioCanal also co-financed thriller "Soon the Darkness," Argentine Marcos Efron's debut feature, with Amber Heard ("The Rum Diary"), and Karl Urban ("Star Trek").

On Thursday, StudioCanal will showcase first footage from Ben Stassen's "Around the World in 50 Years," Europe's biggest digital 3-D movie to date, which StudioCanal will distribute directly in the U.K. (via Optimum Releasing), Germany (via Kinowelt) and France; StudioCanal will also handle international sales.

"The idea is to be the leading European studio, a credible alternative to Hollywood's majors, at the level of, say, Summit or Mandate, in production and international sales," Courson said.

Currently pushing hard into U.K. production, StudioCanal has the base, and the will.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Hey, let's not just remake popular movies that tons of people have watched, let's remake films people forgot about 10 minutes after the movie ended.

What do they do, spin the rolodex of movie titles, close their eyes and make the one they grab?

I know, let's do a remake of the worst film I ever saw...Duets....

Better yet, let's remake one of my guilty pleasures...1978's Convoy...but this time it will be virtual salesmen shipping e-books over the internet only to be hounded by regulators telling them that their up clocked computers use too much electricity so they are forced to slow them back down which slows their deliveries down and the battle ensues with the Convoy having such screen names as Rubber Duck, Pigpen, Black Widow and Spider Mike, and the lawless government tracker "Cottonmouth" Lyle Wallace...

Movies are really starting to suck.
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby gojira_fan » Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 am

If they try and reboot Smokey & The Bandit I'm going to have to kick some ...
gojira_fan
Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Sat May 16, 2009 10:45 pm

hell, i would laugh if it turned out to be Godzilla, but I doubt it. I don't think Toho would allow that. My opinion is that it is an original movie. I don't think JJ Abrams would do a monster movie since he has done one already, then again you never know.
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Mother Trucker

Postby mr.negativity » Sun May 17, 2009 4:18 pm

gojira_fan wrote:If they try and reboot Smokey & The Bandit I'm going to have to kick some ...

From THR.com:Craig Brewer set to roll on 'Trucker' film

The "Hustle & Flow" writer-director has signed a development deal with New Regency to write and direct "Mother Trucker," based on a Maxim article written by Steven Russell. Peter Jaysen of Moving Pictures AMG and Maxim is producing. Writer Gary Scott Thompson ("Knight Rider") is exec producing.

Pegged as an updated take on "Smokey and the Bandit," the classic 1977 Burt Reynolds-Jackie Gleason chase movie that spawned two sequels, "Trucker" is an action comedy about a man who escapes from jail, steels an 18-wheeler and heads across the South to see his dying mother with police on his trail.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Mother Trucker

Postby Henry88 » Sun May 17, 2009 6:58 pm

mr.negativity wrote:
gojira_fan wrote:If they try and reboot Smokey & The Bandit I'm going to have to kick some ...

From THR.com:Craig Brewer set to roll on 'Trucker' film

The "Hustle & Flow" writer-director has signed a development deal with New Regency to write and direct "Mother Trucker," based on a Maxim article written by Steven Russell. Peter Jaysen of Moving Pictures AMG and Maxim is producing. Writer Gary Scott Thompson ("Knight Rider") is exec producing.

Pegged as an updated take on "Smokey and the Bandit," the classic 1977 Burt Reynolds-Jackie Gleason chase movie that spawned two sequels, "Trucker" is an action comedy about a man who escapes from jail, steels an 18-wheeler and heads across the South to see his dying mother with police on his trail.

i'll get the pitchforks and torches
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Mon May 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Well hell, let's just add a chimp to the mix to make it a movie adaptation of B.J. and the Bear..... ridiculous..
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 pm

How about an Any Which Way But Loose remake? We can call it Any Which Way But Original....
mrbluehair
Heisei Godzilla

Postby gojira_fan » Tue May 19, 2009 10:03 am

Except it will now a be a CGI gorilla, since they can do that stuff now.
gojira_fan
Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television