Wolf Man (2010)...

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Gwangi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 am

Of course, one can't stop remakes from happening. They will always come.

Having seen "Creature from the Black Lagoon" last week on the big screen (and in 3D for the first time) and meeting Julie Adams, it gave me more of a sense of appreciation. I really hope this one is left along.

MouthForWar wrote:As far as the Fly goes, I'm not sure you'd find a BIGGER Vincent Price fan than myself

Oh yeah. I bet I can out Vincent Price you any time, any day! :D
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:00 am

Gwangi wrote:Of course, one can't stop remakes from happening. They will always come.

Having seen "Creature from the Black Lagoon" last week on the big screen (and in 3D for the first time) and meeting Julie Adams, it gave me more of a sense of appreciation. I really hope this one is left along.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree in regards to whether it could use a remake or not. But just know that I share your love of the original and I also saw it on the big screen in 3D a few years back (although I didn't get a Julie Adams guest appearance :(). I was actually surprised at how well the 3D held up comparet to today's 3D. Aside from getting rid of the red/blue glasses, it really hasn't changed all that much.

Gwangi wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:As far as the Fly goes, I'm not sure you'd find a BIGGER Vincent Price fan than myself

Oh yeah. I bet I can out Vincent Price you any time, any day! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amICZ1aVaCg
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Universal Pictures President Ron Meyer Talks Candidly about the Studio’s Recent Flops, 3D, Prestige Movies, and More
[quote]And finally, a fitting end to all the real talk: Stepping in to ask the last question, Wolfman producer Stratton Leopold emerged from his family-run ice cream shop across the street to confab with Meyer about the film’s legendary failings.

Leopold, amiably introducing himself: “I’m Stratton Leopold…â€
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 pm

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... ys-aliens/

Universal president dumps on Wolfman, Cowboys & Aliens, and Land of the Lost.

... and then goes out of his way to defend Scott Pilgrim!

Scott Pilgrim, I think, was actually kind of a good movie. [Addressing a small section of the audience, cheering.] But none of you guys went! And you didn’t tell your friends to go! But, you know, it happens. … Cowboys & Aliens didn’t deserve better. Land of the Lost didn’t deserve better. Scott Pilgrim did deserve better, but it just didn’t capture enough of the imaginations of people, and it was one of those things where it didn’t cost a lot so it wasn’t a big loss.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Yay for Scott Pilgrim. lol.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:20 am

lhb412 wrote:http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/11/03/universal-chief-unleashes-on-wolfman-cowboys-aliens/

Universal president dumps on Wolfman, Cowboys & Aliens, and Land of the Lost.

... and then goes out of his way to defend Scott Pilgrim!

Scott Pilgrim, I think, was actually kind of a good movie. [Addressing a small section of the audience, cheering.] But none of you guys went! And you didn’t tell your friends to go! But, you know, it happens. … Cowboys & Aliens didn’t deserve better. Land of the Lost didn’t deserve better. Scott Pilgrim did deserve better, but it just didn’t capture enough of the imaginations of people, and it was one of those things where it didn’t cost a lot so it wasn’t a big loss.

This dumbass doesn't sound like he should be the head of a studio.

Even though this article has some questionable opinions (Babe 2 and Land of the Lost are great, but Changeling sucks? Really, Faraci?), I have to say it has a point:

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/11/03/ ... are-shitty

Cowboys and Aliens and the Wolfman are masterpieces compared to some of the other garbage Universal has been putting out.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 am

I didn't find the Wolfman to be all that good, but it wouldn't be my go-to bad movie...

(oh also, I personally enjoy Land of the Lost)
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Yeah, I kind of dug Land of the Lost, myself. I mean, it's not high-art, but it fulfilled most of my expectations. (Dinosaurs and nonsense)
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Land of the Lost was okay, not horrible..but not the epic masterpiece that Faraci says it is either. (seriously, the dude is so full of himself that I get almost sick with rage reading his articles at times)

The Wolfman is a horrid, train wreck of a film...nearly everything about the film is wrong

Cowboys and Aliens, was medicore, but it should have been A LOT better with the talent involved...I didn't hate watching the film, but it's forgettable, and I doubt that I'll ever watch it again...

But at least we can all agree that Scott Pilgrim got the shaft. (Oddly enough, I loved the film in theaters, and I now own it on Blu Ray, but I never want to watch it...I've tried, but for some reason I can't even get close to recapturing the same sense of joy I had when watching the movie for the first time)
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Wolf Man (2010)...

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm

NBC Adapting ‘The Wolfman’ As Series With Daniel Knauf & Scott Stuber
NELLIE ANDREEVA wrote:EXCLUSIVE:
NBC is developing a contender for it Friday supernatural block anchored by Grimm, which is currently paired with Dracula. It hails from Dracula executive producer/head writer Daniel Knauf and is based on Universal Pictures’ Scott Stuber-produced 20knauf10 feature The Wolfman starring Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins, which in turn was a remake of the 1941 movie. The WolfMan is one of two projects Knauf has at NBC, along with a supernatural telenovela produced by Electus that is part of the company’s 3-for-1 telenovela deal at NBC, intended to result in a 13-episode order.

The WolfMan, produced by Universal Pictures sibling Universal TV and Stuber’s studio-based Bluegrass Films & TV, is described as a supernatural thriller that explores what it means to be a man and to be human. It centers on Lawrence Talbot, who is afflicted by an ancient curse and jacks into the powerful, primordial soul of the alpha-predator (watch the trailer for the 2010 movie below). Knauf is writing and executive producing with Stuber and Quan Phung. Bluegrass also has a comedy at NBC with writer Will Calhoun.

The untitled telenovela is an original concept that chronicles the ruthless supernatural machinations of the six governesses of an exclusive Hancock Park women’s club, the true powers behind every throne in The City of Angels. Knauf is writing and will exec produce with Electus’ Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox. That project joins format adaptation Black Widow in Electus’ 3-for-1 NBC deal, with the network eying a series pickup for one of the projects to air following telenovelas’ traditional air pattern of multiple episodes a week. Knauf, repped by Resolution, Industry Entertainment and Holmes Weinberg, previously created the cult HBO series Carnivale.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:41 pm

So it wasn't bad enough to ruin Dracula, but now they want to ruin The Wolf Man even more than he has already been?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Outkaster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Rick's a genius. A guy that helped develop a genre when no one else was doing it.
Joined in 2001.
Outkaster
Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television