[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers:Endgame (2018/2019) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers:Endgame (2018/2019)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Avengers: Infinity War/Avengers:Endgame (2018/2019)

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:28 pm

I haven't seen Avatar since it was in theaters, and I was way late. I saw a regular non-3D showing after it had been out for about 3 months basically just as a way to have a night out with the wife and no kids. As for the race...I become less and less interested as time goes on. Its mildly entertaining to follow though, just because numbers interest me. I myself admit that I'm not contributing since I haven't seen End Game again. I loved it when I saw it, and I'm sure I'll get the BRD eventually.

Besides, Endgame basically already beat Avatar, what Endgame is trying to top now is the money Avatar made in subsequent releases due to the extended cut. It's kind of superfluous anyway, since Disney now owns 7 of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time, including Avatar.

Lastly, I'm an *all or nothing* type. If your #1 in the world, but only #2 in North America, then that isn't a complete victory IMHO. same with TFA which became #1 in NA, but ended up #2 WW (now #3).
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:53 pm

15.5 M from overtaking Avatar WW
89 M from overtaking TFA Domestic
#16 All Time Adjusted For Inflation
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:50 am

6.8 M from overtaking Avatar WW
85 M from overtaking TFA Domestic
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 am

Endgame finally surpasses Avatar's record for the single highest grossing film of al time world wide. Kind of fortuitous that they made this announcement during the Marvel Panel at SDCC this past Saturday. One channel I watched kind of joked that with only 6M left, Feige could just purchase a bunch of showings himself, and give the tickets to friends/families of Disney employees to go see this film one last time....Again it was mean to be a joke, but one wonders... :wink:

Although it's still 82.4 M away from SW:TFA Domestic Gross record (a record it will probably not try to surpass at this point).
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:16 am

80 M from overtaking TFA Domestic
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm

78.75M from overtaking TFA Domestic. It finally hit the discount theater in my area this past Friday, as it will be released on home media tomorrow. This film is pretty much done theatrically. I guess becoming #1 worldwide was more important than being #1 domestic. 8)
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television