[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Postby lhb412 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 am

Hell yeah! Really excited that Yondu is now part of the team.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 pm

The only thing tempering my excitement is KNOWING that what I really want won't happen (a smaller-scale, more intimate type of thing without the prototypical Marvel army of faceless drone bad guys who get dispatched in a stupid/easy/stupideasy way).

I'd watch just a buddy comedy of these characters trying to seek out an intergalactic White Castle all day long.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby klen7 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:57 pm

^ I was worried the first film would just be a setup for Thanos. I have the same concern about this one, but Gunn has shown he can successfully deliver comedy and character inside the MCU framework. (Although you could have said similar about Whedon before the studio drove Ultron)
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:46 pm

I recall reading Gunn say that the Thaons/Gauntlet setup stuff won't even even factor into GOTG2... but with Marvel? Who knows. They may have something shoe-horned in in the eleventh hour.

I have a lot of trust in Gunn and this cast after the excellent first movie, but I do hope they break with the Marvel formula more. The first certainly didn't break, but it was so awesome I didn't care. Not sure if they can pull the same trick off twice?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2017)

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:55 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Ultraseven » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:52 am

Ultraseven
Godzilla

Re: 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' (2017)

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:04 am

The Marvel film, set for a May 5 release, has bested previous crowdpleasers 'Iron Man 3' and 'Avengers' in its own internal metrics.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:57 pm

I was kinda burned by all the Kong trailers giving away all the fights and creatures and set pieces, so I've started to avoid all the trailers and tv spots I can with this movie. We'll see how long this lasts with me! It'll be hard to resist a Godzilla trailer.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol.2 (2017)

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Fri May 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Wife & I just got back from an early show. Gotta say that, while not quite as good as the original, this sequel still holds up very well. Surprisingly, the humor early on fell rather flat - for me. Thankfully, things got better as the film rolled along. The 2nd half was much improved, and as the third act hit I felt that the movie was finally firing on all cylinders. Kurt Russell was excellent, as expected, but Nebula and most especially, Yondu, really stole the show. Baby Groot was sickening sweet, but cooler heads prevailed and the film wasn't overrun by his cutesy, scene-stealing antics. Plus, he had a real purpose and so was more than just kiddy bate. F/X were stunning and in many ways just mesmerizing. I literally found myself gawking at the gorgeous visuals onscreen several times. Film's score was solid, while the pop music nuggets were even more obscure than in the original. (Definitely stay thru ALL of the end credits, although I'll tell up front that they have NOTHING to do with the rest of the MCU, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing. They have perfectly set up Vol.3) All-in-all, I'd give this one 7/10.
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat May 06, 2017 12:58 am

Guardians 2 - Video review tomorrow, but I give it a 7/10.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:47 am

I honestly might just skip this one theatrically...I hate to be such a Grumpy Gus (Captain Cranky, Sergeant Surly), but I lack any amount of excitement for this. I'm sure it'll be good, but I don' tknow if it will be "the effort it takes to get a babysitter and go to the theater" good, especially when I'd only give the first one like a 3.5 (MAYBE a 4) outta 5 in the first place.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 vs Star Trek 5

Postby mr.negativity » Sun May 14, 2017 8:30 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television