WTF?! "DRAGON WARS:2: D-WAR MYSTERY OF THE DRAGON"?!

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

WTF?! "DRAGON WARS:2: D-WAR MYSTERY OF THE DRAGON"?!

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 am

Hell has frozen over and a sequel is soon to film....:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/86371/86371/
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Re: WTF?! "DRAGON WARS:2: D-WAR MYSTERY OF THE DRAGON"?!

Postby Pkmatrix » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:30 am

This is one of the LAST things I expected! :shock:

I agree that the original film was a bizarre mix of awful and fun. When I watched it years ago, I remember feeling that Dragon Wars was a huge missed opportunity: they clearly had the budget to make something great, but the script was absolutely AWFUL. What helped was that the action sequences were a ton of fun and I absolutely fell in love with the villain, Buraki.

Yeah, for most of the movie Buraki is a pretty standard giant monster, but by the end I found myself rooting for him and he totally won me over with the film's last few scenes. By the time the movie introduced the "good" dragon, I was firmly on Buraki's side - I saw pretty much no reason to root for a "hero" we'd only been introduced to in the last 5 to 10 minutes of the movie. I really hope they bring Buraki back. 8)

Also, 1969? The Moon race? I'm...intrigued.
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 am

DRAGONS IN SPACE.
I'll watch it.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:17 pm

I'm good with a sequel. The first film is far from perfect, but there are a lot of fun sequences.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 am

China Finance For Sequel to Korean Disaster Movie ‘D-War’
The new film will be set in 1969 and depict a fictional war between the U.S. and Russia as they race to land the first person on the moon.
Patrick Frater wrote:Korean showman, Shim Hyung-rae announced that a sequel to his “D-War” monster-disaster movie will be made as a co-production with China.

Shim announced the new project at a press conference in Beijing on Saturday, according to Korean news agency Yonhap. Called “D-War II: Mysteries of the Dragon,” the film will begin production in June and be set for release in mid-2017.

Production involves China’s H&R Global Pictures, with finance from state-controlled Chinese Culture Group. Shim said that Chinese Culture is contributing a budget of $77 million (RMB500 million.)

His previous “D-War” (aka “Dragon Wars”) was also a mega-budget effects-driven fantasy that involved time travelling and a gigantic snake-like dragon that curled its way around Los Angeles landmarks causing mayhem. The cast was headed by Robert Forster and Elizabeth Pena. Despite a budget that nearly crippled its backers, the film ended up as a hit, selling 8.4 million ticket in Korea and earning $11 million at the box office.

The new film will be set in 1969 and depict a fictional war between the U.S. and Russia as they race to land the first person on the moon.

“It will carry significant meaning in that South Korea and China get to forge collaboration in the video contents sector after their free trade agreement deal,” Shim reportedly said at the event.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am

I would have thought this film more likely to get a sequel than Sharknado... Shows what I know... :?
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:54 am

The gulf in quality between The Host and every Korean monster movie that's not The Host has been enormous.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!