[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Death Kappa (2010) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Death Kappa (2010)

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Norman England » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 am

Last edited by Norman England on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norman England
Baby Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:01 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:03 am

FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Re: Death Kappa (2010)

Postby Jorzilla » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this movie is supposed to be Satire, right?
Jorzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:58 pm

i doubt it... i just watched it for the first time a week or so ago.. there is some parody and some satire, but it seems more in the vein of Tokyo Shock... like the Gore Police and other ridiculous comedies...
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby ILL GREEN » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am

Yup, its definitely a parody to kaiju films. Its funny actually. The fights are more thought out than most kaiju flicks though, I give it that much.

AVAILABLE NOW! ILL GREEN HADOSHI ART FIGURES HANDMADE AND HANDPAINTED!
ILL GREEN
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 am

I still haven't seen this. The near-universal loathing for it from the fandom has kept me from blind-buying it. I'd have to check it out for free first.

As far as kaiju satire goes, I love Gehara: The Long-Haired Monster. I wish that could get a stateside DVD release that includes the director's G short (something else I still haven't seen).
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 am

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 pm

It's supposed to be satire...but it SUCKS.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Jorzilla » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Watching the trailer to this, and one review, while I can get why people think it sucks: I was reminded of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's lost Giant Monster project. Granted, I haven't seen this film and I'll take people's word for it, I still want to watch it....but not for $15 on Amazon.
Jorzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:56 pm

^ I was in the same boat. Picked it up used on eBay for $6 shipped.
The trailer is entirely based around a 15 minute segment at the end. Most of the movie is a human sized Kappa dancing to a song about panties by a failed idol, while a bunch of drunk ravers drive around drinking. In hindsight, I'm not sure how it fills out its runtime.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Is the tolerable part of this movie even 15 minutes long? It felt way shorter in comparison to the rest of this crapfest.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby klen7 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 pm

I think its actually felt a little guilty saying 15, because it is actually a bit over 20 minutes looking at where the action starts... but the rest of the movie makes it feel shorter.. so maybe 15 was a good estimate afterall
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby RaymondBurr » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:59 pm

I think people hate this movie more for what it *isn't* than for what it is. It came out during a Kaiju Drought when we were hopeful for anything, and pining for films like the Gamera trilogy and the Millenium films. What we got was a super goofy, staight-to-video quality, production that doesn't take kaiju or sentai genres seriously, and doesn't really take itself seriously either.

Death Kappa is fine for me, right up my alley. Totally one of those "WTF?!" Japanese movie experiences. Throw in that villain from World War II--their equivalent of a crazy Nazi scientist--and a kaiju battle at the end, and I'm sold. All the rest of it is just part of the crazy experience, I mean, it may not work as a kaiju genre satire, but the elements of J-Pop satire are actually pretty funny/disturbing.

As a weird Japanese movie, it works :lol:
"...WILL. IT. WORK?"
RaymondBurr
Godzilla Jr.

Postby EricDent » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:26 am

I bought it on a whim from Right Stuf's yearly holiday sale.
The Blu-Ray/DVD was only $6 so said what the heck.

It was really weird, but also rather funny at the same time.
The effects were kinda goofy (LOL at the visible wires on the planes).
Rather odd lyrics on the song that the kappa liked.
The random narrator that was speaking Japanese when he's clearly American/European (went with the dub).

Overall weird but fun!
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!