REIGO: THE DEEP-SEA MONSTER – Detailed Report and Photos

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

REIGO: THE DEEP-SEA MONSTER – Detailed Report and Photos

Postby kpa » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Back in November 2005 a new Japanese monster movie called DEEP SEA MONSTER- REIGO was screened at the American Film Market. Originally planned for release in 2006, the film suffered numerous delays and only surfaced in Japan this past year with the new title REIGO: THE DEEP-SEA MONSTER VS THE BATTLESHIP YAMATO.

For years kaiju fans have been asking about REIGO so SciFi Japan is pleased to present a detailed look at the film with exclusive information from producer Show Tsuchida, production company Option Inc., international sales agent Gold View Co., and monster maker Shinichi Wakasa. We also have more than 30 images including publicity art, behind the scenes photos, and— of course— several shots of the cast and monsters.

If you’ve been wondering “whatever happened to REIGO?â€
Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Postby Legion » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Am I the only one reminded of Dargala from Mothra 2 when I look at this creature? :lol:
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mkhz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm

No, Legion, you're not the only one. Actually, I think Reigo looks more like Zigra with Godzilla's head.
mkhz
Godzillasaurus

Postby mekakong » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:09 am

Just in case anyone still cares about this movie, I saw the DVD(rental) for it in the video store today. It was out or I probably would have rented it. I was psyched to see this - what 2-3 years ago now :wink: - but I'm not really in any hurry anymore. I guess theres still hope it may come out on DVD in N.A. though.
mekakong
Godzillasaurus

Postby The Dark Uniter » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 pm

I read the article, looks very interesting and original. I'll probably see when it comes on DVD or Bluray.
Formerly known as TylerPreston
The Dark Uniter
Godzilla Jr.

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 pm

I saw this DVD on Ebay...import from Japan and region 2. Unfortunately it was $60...too much for me to spend on something without Subs or dubs.
I hope there are "alternate" ways of seeing/owning this in the future.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Re: REIGO: THE DEEP-SEA MONSTER – Detailed Report and Phot

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 pm

BOOM!! With that the cat is out of the bag and running! Check SciFiJapan for the Exclusive scoop on our BIG kaiju film surprise! A little something I've been working on in secret with Ron Bonk of SRS Cinema! This is where we really are calling on kaiju/giant monster fans to help support us so that we can continue to bring em'!!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... n-release/
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Nifty! I prefer Blu-ray, but if it means supporting stuff like this getting official releases then I'll go ahead and buy DVD.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:21 pm

AVERY GUERRA wrote:BOOM!! With that the cat is out of the bag and running! Check SciFiJapan for the Exclusive scoop on our BIG kaiju film surprise! A little something I've been working on in secret with Ron Bonk of SRS Cinema! This is where we really are calling on kaiju/giant monster fans to help support us so that we can continue to bring em'!!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... n-release/

This fantastic news deserves its own thread in the Daikaiju Home Media Releases forum.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 am

http://srscinema.com/home/?p=2057&fbcli ... 3XLiwvRbvQ

The pre-order links for Reigo and Raiga are up, btw.

If they sell 200 copies, they'll push a bigger order and wind up doing a run of 1000.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!