Whale God 1961

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Whale God 1961

Postby Gigantis_99 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Has anyone here seen or heard about this movie before? I cant seem to be be able to find anything on it but wasent it made by Daei? Also is Madam White Snake any good and could anyone put up screencaps from War of the Insects? Thanks A lot!
Gigantis_99
Little Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm pretty sure Daiei put it out,a couple years ago there was a Daiei kaiju gashapon figure series,and one of them was the whale from "The Whale God". August will know more about it,I'm sure.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Oh yeah...

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:01 pm

I remember reading about it years ago in an issue of "Oriental Cinema" in a scoop on the history of 'Daiei'. It's just about a small village being attacked by a huge whale I believe sort of the Japanese version of "Moby Dick", but I do recall it having one of my all-time favorite actors; Kojiro Hongo[from the 'Gamera' series]. It's original Japanese title is "Kujira Gami"[1962]: http://www.cinefania.com/movie.php/120332/en 8-)
Last edited by AVERY GUERRA on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Avery you should remove that link because that place sells boots and bootlegs aren't allowed to be discussed here.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:39 pm

MouthForWar
Controller

THANKS!!

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:59 am

It's hard to keep up with all the rules on all the different forums I'm on. LOL!! Sorry. :oops:
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Generally most forums have anti-bootleg policies so its better to not post a link on the forum.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:51 pm

Avery wasn't discussing bootlegs, nor was he advocating bootlegs, and he did nothing to imply that that site was affiliated with bootlegs. He linked to it because it had info on the movie being discussed. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Bootlegs have shown up on Amazon from time to time, does that mean we can't mention or link to Amazon?

Forum rules say don't discuss or ask about bootlegs, and he didn't. No problem, and he didn't deserve a smackdown on that one in my opinion. In fact if you want to get nitpicky, it was YOU that mentioned bootlegs and their availability there.... :wink:
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:15 pm

MouthForWar wrote:http://www.clubtokyo.org/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=4919&highlight=whale

The second post in that thread is Legion talking about the candy toy,just like the second post in this thread. :? I think the toy might be more popular than the movie!

And one thing I dislike about this board is the "self appointed mods". C'mon guys,noone was advertising bootlegs,and for God's sake who cares if they were in this case. The movie's never coming out in R1,I doubt it's even in print on R2. Pick your battles.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 pm

kidnicky wrote:The second post in that thread is Legion talking about the candy toy,just like the second post in this thread.

I didn't post in that thread.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:12 am

Mysterio wrote:Avery wasn't discussing bootlegs, nor was he advocating bootlegs, and he did nothing to imply that that site was affiliated with bootlegs. He linked to it because it had info on the movie being discussed. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Bootlegs have shown up on Amazon from time to time, does that mean we can't mention or link to Amazon?

Forum rules say don't discuss or ask about bootlegs, and he didn't. No problem, and he didn't deserve a smackdown on that one in my opinion. In fact if you want to get nitpicky, it was YOU that mentioned bootlegs and their availability there.... :wink:

He had a link that sold bootlegs up and people have gotten scolded in the past about posting such links.

I wasn't trying to be rude I was just mentioning it to him. :idea: :roll:
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:46 am

Either way; I took it down to save an argument. I didn't really even check out all the countless titles they had available to see if they were "bootlegs" as you mentioned or just "public domain" films. :)
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Legion wrote:
kidnicky wrote:The second post in that thread is Legion talking about the candy toy,just like the second post in this thread.

I didn't post in that thread.

Whoops,it was Buddah.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!