The Host

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:21 am

sachiel wrote:Come on people. Lets just move on.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Rackmount, why the heck does it bother you so much that KPA does not write objective reviews (in your own opinion anyways).

He also says that Keith is probably biased because he talks and interviews the people working on these films. But that hasn't stopped him from pointing out flaws in films or even giving them bad reviews... D War being a recent example... and he interviewed a lot of people for Final Wars and he said that although he enjoyed the movie, it was full of missed opportunities and should have been better.

Of course we all know how varied personal feelings are. Many a time a film may carry a emotional effect on the viewer that is commonly felt by the majority of movie goers. Other times the public/emotional reaction can vary significantly. Ie: Some say the movie is bad and others good
A Fine example: Godzilla Final Wars

So try as they might there was never such thing as an objective film
critic. Seriously. :roll:

Wonderfully stated 8-)
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby rackmount » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:53 pm

The movie clearly has "sci-fi channel bad" moments in it. And those moments are there on YouTube for anyone to see.
They aren't hidden or hard to see.

The glowing reviews set me up for something better than what actually exists. Like so many other reviews have done in the past. So I just expressed my disappointment.
The next time I see something that doesn't live up to the hype. I'll just keep it to myself.
rackmount
Baby Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:20 pm

rackmount wrote:The movie clearly has "sci-fi channel bad" moments in it. And those moments are there on YouTube for anyone to see.
They aren't hidden or hard to see.

The glowing reviews set me up for something better than what actually exists. Like so many other reviews have done in the past. So I just expressed my disappointment.
The next time I see something that doesn't live up to the hype. I'll just keep it to myself.

Oh don't even try to backpedal your way into acting like people are criticizing you for pointing out the cheesy moments of The Host from the YouTube clips. That's not what anybody here is concerned with. You know that the reason everyone got on your case was for the fact that you accused Keith of being biased towards certain films due to the fact that he has inside connections with the people with made them. That's obvious BS, as Keith has openly expressed negativity and criticism towards anything he felt was bad or sub-par on any level whenever he felt it was necessary, regardless of who he knew behind the scenes. His review of D-War and his observations on Godzilla: Final Wars are the two examples everybody is citing. But don't forget that Keith has also had very close ties with Sony Pictures and several of their employees which worked on the company's various Godzilla works and merchandising, yet that didn't stop him from shooting down their Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II DVD release for the major dud that it is, or more recently the same with their "Monster Edition" GINO'98 DVD.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:20 pm

[quote="rackmount"]A more responsible reviewer would say something like: "A fantastically fun and very well done movie as far as monster movies go. With just a sprinkling of cheese here and there to add to the fun.â€
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby kpa » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:58 am

rackmount wrote:I'm just as disappointed in those reviews Keith. It's not just you. But to be fair.

The fair thing is to make sure your claims are accurate.

Most of those are not actual reviews. But publicity quotes to promote the movie.

Not true, so not a fair statement.

All movies (even the worst of the worst) have them.

I'm familiar with press quotes, but the majority of the reviews I posted were far longer than what comes in a typical pressbook. That should have been a good hint that they were excerpts from actual reviews, not press quotes. Here are just a few examples:

GARETH EDWARDS, Scotland On Sunday: "NOT surprisingly the centre of a bidding war after its screening in Cannes, The Host (Guimul) was allegedly sold to producers on the basis of a picture of the Loch Ness monster stuck on a postcard of Seoul's Han River.

From such humble beginnings, South Korean director Bong Joon-ho has crafted a terrifying, hysterical and exhilarating piece of cinema. The start of the film is based on a real event in 2000, when staff at a US military morgue in Seoul poured hundreds of bottles of chemicals down the drain and into the Han River.

Jumping forward two years it shows two fishermen, who inadvertently catch a small unseen creature in a cup.
Before they can determine what it is ("Have you ever seen anything with so many tails?") it is dropped back in the river. Four years later a businessman stares down at the black waters of the river, shouting to his colleagues "there's something dark in the water" before throwing himself to his death.

The director then slows the pace to present the world of the film's main characters - sleepy food stall owner Park Kang-du, his elderly father and his young daughter Hyun-seo - before storming into the first appearance of the creature, a thrilling sequence which builds to a truly shattering climax.

First glimpsed hanging from a bridge, the strange beast is initially a curiosity to the crowds, who throw it food and beer to see if it will do anything exciting.
And it does, appearing in all its CGI glory and rampaging around the shore, attacking everything in sight, before grabbing Hyun-seo and disappearing into the river.

As the government steps in and people begin to panic at news that the beast carries a deadly virus, Kang-du discovers that his daughter is still alive in the sewers and with the help of his father, drunken brother and Olympic archery star sister, sets off to rescue her.

An unashamed monster movie at heart, this is anything but predictable and veers off on the most unlikely and sometimes bewildering tangents. It has plenty of shocks and thrills, as well as some quite incredible humour.

Song Kang-ho is excellent as Kang-du, a sleepy, somewhat retarded figure who, despite his many failings, is willing from the first to take on the monster. And newcomer Ko Ah-sung is superb as his tough but terrified daughter.

With a great story, superb direction and a truly memorable monster, this is as enjoyable a film as you're likely to see all year."

RICHARD BRUNTON, Filmstalker: "The Host is a film that had been talked about a lot during its production and the teasers and posters I'd seen to date had gotten me pretty interested. So when it was announced for the Edinburgh International Film Festival this year I had to go and see it.

I have to say I was more than impressed with what I saw. The Host is a film that provides something of everything from suspense to terror, from drama to a little touch of comedy, this film has it all. What's more surprising is that it delivers all of them very well and provides great entertainment on the way.

The opening of the film is perhaps one of the strongest I've seen. Starting with introductions to some of the main characters we instantly get a feel for who they are and what they are about, all the time with a healthy amount of humour. The first appearance of the creature is viewed quite satirically, or rather the peoples attitude and "car crash" mentality is.

Then when it races through a busy park attacking people, it's probably the best portrayal of group blind panic I've seen, and coupled with some excellent edge of your seat and distressing scenes. The shot of the girl standing in shock is one of the most disturbing scenes you'll witness, it's not something you'd expect to happen in a typical film and it's indicative of scenes to come.

Throughout the film you'll be toyed with, there are the usual straightforward scares, and one so effective I leapt out of my seat. There are also moments like the opening one at the park, where the unexpected happens and you really do get a surprise at the direction the story has just taken.

There are other similar incredibly strong moments that will hit you with a shock, and they seem out of place and going against what you believe should be happening. I felt myself looking at the screen in surprise thinking "That's not fair!", and that's a great response to illicit.

The frequent humour is an aspect of the story that is really well handled, it never detracts from other areas of the story, and often helps to relax a tense or distressing moment in order for the filmmakers to return to the situation and build it up again. Sneaky devils.

One of the oddest moments is when the family are mourning wildly in the school hall, this begins sadly and slowly, building in your uncomfortableness and sadness. Then something strange happens, they just manage to tip the performance into humour, just enough to lighten the situation and raise a few "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!". Then photographers and film crews descend and we're presented with an interesting social commentary, yet you're still feeling the humour of the moment and just coming out from the sadness of the family. It's all wonderfully woven together.

The leads are good, particularly the young girl, Park Hyun-seo played by Ah-sung Ko, who is very convincing and strong in character. At times the emotions she shows are so natural and believable, you'll find yourself caught up in her scenes.
The other characters continually walk that fine line between comedic and serious performances. Each of them have their flaws which are shown throughout the film, but in the end each get their chance to redeem themselves and sometimes they get multiple chances, often they need them too.

That raises another interesting aspect, instead of following a standard route with the characters, their development follows the unusual turns of the film itself and we're treated to surprises and failures when we don't really expect them. Indeed you could almost say that these characters are more human than many fully focussed dramatic character based films.

The creature effects in this film are quite superb. It has weight and a natural, organic movement. So often CGI creatures will appear to run over the ground or not properly interact and collide with real life objects, here though every effort has been made to address this, and it works superbly.

I don't believe I'm spoiling anything about the movie when I say that the ending seems slightly flat against the amount of entertainment that the rest of the film has managed to deliver. It wraps everything up incredibly neatly, with each character having had their shot at redemption. Yet it was a little too neatly tied up for me, although it didn't detract from anything else the film gave.

I'd recommend this film even for those not interested in Asian Horror, for this can't be classed alongside what you would expect from a typical Asian Horror, indeed there's not even a lot of horror. This is a suspenseful, thriller, drama, comedy, you're getting the idea. It's great entertainment with some brilliant moments of shock and terror. Well worth watching."

ERIC CHOI, Beyondhollywood.com: "Finally, a movie that is so refreshingly entertaining that it puts most blockbusters to shame. "The Host" is the new film by director Bong Joon-Ho ("Memories of Murder"), and besides being one of the best films I've seen all year, it deserves all the attention it is receiving, and more. The host of the title is a mutant monster that climbs out of the Han River and begins to devour people left and right. More specifically, the film concerns the protagonist's attempts, with the help of his family, to rescue his daughter, who has been kidnapped by the creature. During the hunt, the group becomes imperiled not just by the monster, but a government seeking to contain a deadly virus that is supposedly arising from contact with the monster.

Like Bong Joon-Ho's previous film, "The Host" is in essence a dark comedy, and the director manages to find humor and delightful irony in even the most disturbing situations. In a scene that completely breaks the rules of the monster genre, the one person who is locked out of a shelter is miraculously spared while the monster charges headfirst into the shelter and begins attacking the people inside. These kinds of subtle touches are what make "The Host" so fresh, despite being little more than a generic monster movie on the surface.

"The Host" is also layered with rich details, and while we never sympathize with the monster itself, we are encouraged to question how its emergence affects the lives of the family, in that both are eventually treated as monsters by government forces. We see this in the family's attempts to rescue the daughter, which is mostly thwarted not by the creature itself, but by their fellow humans. In a hilarious scene, the family's attempts to trace a phone call in order to locate the daughter leads to a run-in with a gang that is after the reward posted on the family by the government.

Unlike some Korean films, "The Host" can be readily acceptable to both Koreans and Americans. Not only is everything happening in our backyard, but the film also ridicules American foreign policy in South Korea by showing a very possible scenario in regards to the monster's origins. However, Americans may catch something that most Korean viewers will miss, in that the film can be seen as an allegory for the War in Iraq . We learn later on in the film that the virus that supposedly came out of contact with the monster was a lie created by the government under false pretenses. Having lied to the people, the government can no longer turn back.

I can't do this review justice without mentioning how incredible the CGI looks, especially since this is a movie that would have come crashing down had the monster looked fake and unthreatening. There is really only one moment in the entire film that I had doubts about the reality of the creature, which comes toward the end when the monster is burning. Otherwise, SFX company The Orphanage has done a wonderful job.

The performances by the cast are excellent, with Song Kang-Ho, Park Hae-Il, and Byeon Hie-Bong all returning from "Memories of Murder." However, I do wish more had been done with Bae Du-Na's character; as well, Park Hae-Il's character doesn't have much characterization beyond the fact that he's out of work despite being a college graduate. Also good are Song Kang-Ho and Byeon Hie-Bong, who plays the abducted daughter. The script doesn't give their characters a whole lot of depth, but the actors still do excellently with what they are given.

"The Host" easily exceeded my high expectations, and lives up to the hype by presenting a refreshing and exciting scenario filled with priceless dark comedy and poetic images. The final shot is quiet, and yet so deeply poetic and beautiful at the same time; it is the perfect ending for a relentlessly thrilling movie. Bong Joon-Ho never fails to make great movies (both "Barking Dogs Never Bite" and "Memories of Murder" are two of my favorite Korean movies), and "The Host" is no exception.

Movie Grade: 5/5"

Ain't It Cool News: "Impact is starting to lose its impact. These days, the Big Ideas have been done to death so often that we just look at them and feel nothing. Personally, I feel there's very little that the Big Hollywood Action Sequence can do without sending me to sleep, but I think everyone's getting sick of the cliches. Take the hitman/cop angle of "It's my last hit/case before I retire". This concept is used to up the danger and heighten the tension, but we've seen this idea done so many times over, it's beginning to numb.

The monster movie also suffers from this. Reveal it in increments, usually at night, have it stalk its prey with almost supernatural ability, picking off the main characters one by one until only the feisty girl and the nice guy remain. The makers of THE HOST appear to acknowledge this idea, and go as far as they can in the opposite direction. When we meet the monster, it's about five minutes in and he's wandering about in broad daylight. His first action is to come ashore and chase as many people down as possible. It's exactly the opposite of what you're expecting, and you immediately love the film for it.

THE HOST starts with what appears to be a live action version of an "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" teaser: an American government scientist with a Howard Hughes-like hatred of dust orders all the dusty formaldehyde bottles to be emptied down the drain. His Korean assistant objects, noting that the drains lead directly into the river. The American dismisses this, and repeats the order.

We're the introduced to the Park family, or rather five people who happen to be closely related. They all seem completely out-of-place next to each other, but things change when the monster attacks. They're not really brought closer together, mind you, they just find they have the same goal and so have to work together. Sort-of.

As a big monster movie, THE HOST is very successful. It doesn't so much challenge the conventions of the genre as much as it totally ignores them and does its own thing. Its own thing is very funny and gave the audience I was with more than a few jumps, so it definitely has that crowd-pleasing effect going for it. What surprised me, however, was the subtle political messages the film contains. (A brief glance on the net reveals that the opening scene with the formaldehyde is based on an actual incident between South Korea and the US, so maybe it's not as subtle as I first thought.) I don't think the film is as much a treatise on the importance of environmentalism, as many reviews I've read have suggested, but more a look at the complete lack of efficiency that government bodies have when dealing with a crisis such as this one.

The film goes to some oddly unexpected places at times, but it never falls short of being incisive and entertaining. And its basest level, this is a monster movie for people who want to see something completely different done with the genre."

GrodsCorp: "Film rating: 5/5
Screened in Director’s Fortnight, this film is, at once, a revelation (one of the few at Cannes this year) and a reaffirmation of filmmaker Bong Joon-ho’s ability to mould humour, socio-political satire and visceral kicks.

At a US army base in Seoul, an American officer gives the order to dump litres of out-of-date formaldehyde down the sink and, consequently, out into the main river of the city. Six years later, families are enjoying a day on the banks of the River Han when something slithers from the water, causing pandemonium and snatching a high-school girl from the embankment. The US military quarantines the river environs, claiming the creature is host to a horrific virus. The girl’s family, convinced she is still alive, arm themselves and slip through the US military cordon to hunt down the creature.

A thrilling, genre-bending hybrid, Bong’s film veers between monster shocks and deadpan humour with a dose of sharpened parable thrown in for good measure. Bound for instant cult status, fans of inventive cinema should clear their calendars for this one.
Arriving 20 minutes early The Editor was shocked to find the line already stretching out of the Capitol Theatre down all the way to Collins St. Once inside the cinema Ed luckily managed to find a half-decent seat while hordes of poor suckers had to settle for front or back row posture killers. Five minutes after Ed, Bicycle Pump Man walked in, saw the scenes of carnage and, in anger and frustration, shouted “jesus christ!â€
Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Postby MouthForWar » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:00 am

Man, I really wish people would watch a movie before they review it. So many people make up their mind about a movie before they even see it or before it is even released... Its simply amazing that someone could make up their mind about a movie and say that its "like a sci fi original" without even seeing the film, or even half of the film. 4 minutes of film can easily be taken out of context, misunderstood, etc. and cause some folks to make assumptions and judgements on the quality of the product... and that's just silly.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby rackmount » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:25 pm

"Thanks to everyone that responded here. I'm glad to see that most people get it."

Yes. This is a great place for unbiased opinions about monster films.
Good point Keith. :lol:

I stand by my opinion. Sorry if that upsets you.
I thought you could handle it. And I was mistaken.
rackmount
Baby Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:42 pm

Its not that anybody "can't handle it", its that people only want to read movie reviews from people that have seen the actual movie.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby rackmount » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:50 pm

^ I heard you the first time you said that.
Repeating yourself endlessly doesn't make you any more correct.

Just drop it.
rackmount
Baby Godzilla

Postby gojira_fan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!
gojira_fan
Godzilla

Postby Diabolik » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:23 pm

So I had a chance to see the film, and figured I might as well reveiw it. There may be some spoilers so youve been warned.

I liked it.

I have to agree to some extent in that reviews and praise ( while warranted ) sorta had me expecting the second coming of the monster film...and its certainly not that....but Its a really fun well made monster flick.

I LOVED the monster. Its really original looking and moving. the SFX are really great and a majority of the action'y monster stuff happens during the day which is great as well...theres no real attempt to hide the monster , the film makers LOVE showing him off...and its really really cool to see that. The monster is just great.

I do think the plot is somewhat convoluted, what with a semi silly subplot involving the virus, that as far as I can tell went no where...it just padded out the film and kept me from watching what i wanted to see...the family trying to rescue a fathers daughter.

The actors and the acting were really great as well...but like others have mentioned the tonal shifts and directions in editing can be...odd and takes you out of the film a bit...

All in all it was a great flick...but realize its not this genre bending out of the box re-invention by any means. But it is a fun monster flick with a REALLY great monster
Diabolik
Little Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:44 pm

rackmount wrote:^ I heard you the first time you said that.
Repeating yourself endlessly doesn't make you any more correct.

I wouldn't have to if you didn't keep missing everyone's point. I don't see how I'm wrong by saying that people don't want to read reviews written by someone that hasnt seen the movie... Its true. If you could explain how that isn't "correct," I'd love to hear it.

And saying people are raising those points is because we "just can't handle" your pre-judgements is a bit arrogant, dont you think?
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby kpa » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:15 am

rackmount wrote:"Thanks to everyone that responded here. I'm glad to see that most people get it."

Yes. This is a great place for unbiased opinions about monster films.
Good point Keith. :lol:

I agree. With such a wide membership of people from all over the world, MZ is a great place to get all kinds of opinions about monster films.

I stand by my opinion. Sorry if that upsets you.

Who's upset? :lol:

I thought you could handle it. And I was mistaken.

I can take your opinion just fine... a person's tastes are their own and that's how it should be.The responses from everyone else except you shows that they get that.

The only person who can't handle differing opinions is YOU. YOU are the only one claiming I gave a positive review of THE HOST as some sort of favor to the filmmakers... despite the fact that I don't know the filmmakers, didn't receive any perks from the studio to review the movie, and paid to see the film. That's not opinion; that's fact... and you were 100% wrong in saying otherwise.

And YOU are the only one who claimed the postive reviews were all publicity quotes... by posting the entire reviews I proved you were wrong on the facts again. You're 0 for 2 in the facts department.

Like I said before, it's okay to have your own opinion and you should stick by it. It won't bother me. You can hate THE HOST as much as you want and it won't change my enjoyment of the film one iota. But what is so amazingly funny (not upsetting, sorry) is that you keep claiming the positive reviews are the result of some "agenda" that has no basis in reality. Is it really that hard for you to grasp the simple concept that not everyone thinks like you and that the reviews are just an honest difference in opinion from yours?

You probably should have checked the facts before making the statements you did. Because you didn't, you ended up looking rather clueless. And that--not you opinion-- is what you're not "getting".
Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Postby rackmount » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:56 pm

This is the last reply I'm going to make about this.
If you go back and re-read what I posted instead of making things up in your head. You should realize that it's YOU who doesn't "get it" Keith.

I never said I hated it. In fact I said I liked it but it has wasn't a "masterpiece". And it's overly hyped reviews are not completely accurate and will set some people up for disappointment.
Count me as one of those people who was set up.

I said you have a tendancy to be a bit biased. I didn't say you are completely biased all of the time.
And I said it in as politely as a person could.

You mis-read what I wrote. Then lashed out childishly with statements like "You don't get it" and "you ended up looking rather clueless".
The truth is the only person who looks "clueless" here is you.

Maybe there is something going on in your personal life that's making you overly sensitive. Or maybe you just don't handle differing opinions well.
Your knee jerk reactions make me sad. And I don't wish to continue talking about this anymore because you'll just say more harmful childish things. So I won't.
Good luck to you sir.
rackmount
Baby Godzilla

Postby Lord Hastur » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:05 pm

Uh, ... Is it too late to say that I thought THE HOST was fantastic?

:goofy:
Lord Hastur

Postby Robert Saint John » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:48 pm

rackmount wrote:This is the last reply I'm going to make about this...

I hope so, because you've managed to derail what was an otherwise pleasant thread.

Your opinion that you didn't care for the movie (or, rather, the YouTube clip you saw), and even felt disappointed based on the reviews is not the issue (though it's certainly questionable). You took it further and chose to question the reviewer's objectivity, honesty, and accuracy. It is an insult, it is personal, and you should have been prepared for a response.

I'd rather read the honest opinion of someone who did see the movie rather than the less-informed opinion of someone who didn't. Based on what I've read here, I'm not alone. Frankly, I'm amazed that Keith put so much into his "defense" at all, and he responded with much more grace and patience than you've shown.

The truth is the only person who looks "clueless" here is you. Maybe there is something going on in your personal life that's making you overly sensitive.

See this? :

-----------------------------------------

That's a line. You're about to step over it. Don't.

And I don't wish to continue talking about this anymore...

As I indicated, that's good idea, rackmount.

Lord Hastur wrote:Uh, ... Is it too late to say that I thought THE HOST was fantastic?

:lol: Whose payroll are you on?????
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby Lord Hastur » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:34 pm

:lmfao:
Lord Hastur

Postby kiryugoji04 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:07 pm

rackmount wrote:I never said I hated it. In fact I said I liked it but it has wasn't a "masterpiece". And it's overly hyped reviews are not completely accurate and will set some people up for disappointment.

Hello! Have you ever considered that not everyone shares your opinion? Some people worship Monty Python and the Holy Grail and others think it's complete crap. The same applies for movies like Napolean Dynamite (:puke:), Godzilla Final Wars, and it applies here too.

(Note: I love how you talk like you've seen the entire film and you've only seen 4 minutes on youtube. That's been covered before but I had to mention it again, for it amuses me so! :lol: )

I said you have a tendancy to be a bit biased. I didn't say you are completely biased all of the time.

EVERYONE is a bit biased based on their life experiences. We're humans, not Vulcans.

Or maybe you just don't handle differing opinions well.

:lol:

Again, just because someone really, really, really loves a movie doesn't mean they're wrong for lavishing praise upon it, nor does it mean someone's bribing them to do so (I constantly praise ULTRAMAN THE NEXT to my friends, for example, and I've yet to get a check from TPC... :( ). If they really like it that much, more power to them!
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:55 pm

kiryugoji04 wrote:
rackmount wrote:I never said I hated it. In fact I said I liked it but it has wasn't a "masterpiece". And it's overly hyped reviews are not completely accurate and will set some people up for disappointment.

Hello! Have you ever considered that not everyone shares your opinion? Some people worship Monty Python and the Holy Grail and others think it's complete crap. The same applies for movies like Napolean Dynamite (:puke:), Godzilla Final Wars, and it applies here too.

(Note: I love how you talk like you've seen the entire film and you've only seen 4 minutes on youtube. That's been covered before but I had to mention it again, for it amuses me so! :lol: )

Ha ha, I agree. That's the funniest thing about this whole thread. :lol:
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Chop Top » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:48 am

I just watched the trailer. Worst movie I've ever seen!
Chop Top
Godzilla Jr.

Postby emeGoji » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:52 am

Chop Top wrote:I just watched the trailer. Worst movie I've ever seen!

gmk0taku takuGuy Jack B revenge of gmk0taku
emeGoji
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:02 am

kiryugoji04 wrote:I constantly praise ULTRAMAN THE NEXT to my friends, for example, and I've yet to get a check from TPC... :(

Try contacting Chaiyo. You might be able to work something out with them.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby sachiel » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:41 am

Jack B wrote:
Chop Top wrote:I just watched the trailer. Worst movie I've ever seen!

Its true though. I thought that the original korean trailer for The Host
was one of the worst I have ever seen. Many awkward cut scenes and melodramatic music in the background.

The trailer doesn't seem to communicate to the audience a certain reason or need to see the film. Sometimes first impressions are everything.

Disappointed with the trailer, but the actual movie rocks! 8-)
sachiel
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Chop Top » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:46 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:
kiryugoji04 wrote:I constantly praise ULTRAMAN THE NEXT to my friends, for example, and I've yet to get a check from TPC... :(

Try contacting Chaiyo. You might be able to work something out with them.

Hell, just claim you own the rights to it and start printing DVDs. Make your own money.
Chop Top
Godzilla Jr.

Postby JordanGLC » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:22 pm

There's a new US trailer. You can download it from comingsoon.net.

Focuses more on the characters rather than the creature, but worth a look. This will be showing in the Bay Area in March. Time for a little road trip.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power...

My Creature Features
JordanGLC
Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!