[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
TALKBACK: Yog Monster From Space! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

TALKBACK: Yog Monster From Space!

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: TALKBACK: Yog Monster From Space!

Postby TylerPreston20 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Check out my Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O/about
TylerPreston20
Little Godzilla

Postby LoneWolfandCub » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:21 am

It's one of my favorite films...I saw it on its initial release at a drive-in (I'm showing my age). Fortunately, I have a DVD of the film with the AIP dub which is great. The funky jazz music during the end credits was always a jarring event. I would say for most of us, it's a very nostalgic film, although not one of Toho's best, but one of it's last gasps.
LoneWolfandCub
Godzillasaurus

Postby klen7 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Saw these and thought they were great.. i actually tried to make the first one before... (see our Weekly viewing thread of Space Ameoba for that mess)
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 pm

I watched this with a friend yesterday, and I'd forgotten what a tease the title sequence was. These three ridiculous monsters photograph really well together. It's a shame that Gezora doesn't show up in the monster battle. Can you imagine how goofy that would have been?
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:32 pm

^Im almost amazed at how they kept the Gezora suit upright so much. I swear that thing looks like it's very top heavy.
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Finally got around to seeing this movie. As others have said, it's not a great movie, but it's fun for what it is.

A few funny things struck me about the characters. Tsuchiya plays a biologist sent by the resort company to do...what exactly? I know Kubo's character is supposed to photograph the island to help the company promote their resort, but I don't think they ever explain what Dr. Miya is doing on the expedition.

I also love the convenience that Kudo just happens to glance out his window at the precise moment the Telios 7 crashes, and it just happens to crash land near the island he is later asked to photograph. :)

Sahara is great as Obata, though I found it amusing that upon being confronted about his stealing of the resort plans, he immediately admits he's a corporate spy and hands the documents back to Ms. Hoshino. I really don't see his motivation for doing so. He says something like "Our lives are more important than this." Gezora has attacked at this point in the movie, but Obata hasn't even seen the monster with his own eyes, and is skeptical that any monsters exist. I think it would have made more sense if he came clean about his agenda after narrowly escaping one of the monsters, or something like that.

Speaking of the monsters, I was a little confused if these are supposed to be monsters that already existed, but were possessed by the aliens, or if they were normal animals that were enlarged to become monsters, and they just happen to resemble monsters from the local folklore. Either way, they're a lot of fun to watch, especially during the ending battle. I love the moment in the the commentary track where the interviewer asks producer Fumio Tanaka if there was one alien that was hopping from body to body or if there were multiple aliens; Tanaka just laughs and says "I don't really know."

This movie reminds me a bit of Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster...four people get stranded on a south seas island, including a criminal who redeems himself by the end of the movie and both movies feature multiple monsters, including a giant crustacean.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Sahara really steals the show, but this is my 2nd favorite Akira Kubo performance.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:22 am

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby Reaper G » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:31 am

Strange to see Yoshio Tsuchiya in the "generic professor" role.
Pest, MSTie, Foodie, G-fan, Wrestlemaniac, and geek-at-large
http://reaper_g.livejournal.com
Reaper G
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:56 pm

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!