[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
if you could do a Godzilla Novelization • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

if you could do a Godzilla Novelization

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

if you could do a Godzilla Novelization

Postby Henry88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 pm

if gamera has one why not godzilla, the one thing i would like to see is how Steve Martin and dr serizawa became friends and perhaps expand on it.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: if you could do a Godzilla Novelization

Postby klen7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Give Victor Palotti more backstory
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 pm

For a novelization, I know this might seem like an odd choice but I'd read an adaptation of Godzilla Raids Again that was written in a Jack London/Ernest Hemmingway style. Stretching the concept of novelization, I'd also read a 20 issue manga adaptation of Godzilla vs Gigan... FOR REASONS I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN!
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 am

You know, I remember reading Marc Cerasini's novel Godzilla Returns at age 10 and thinking it was basically an adaptation of Godzilla 1985: same basic premise of Godzilla reappearing years after his first appearance in 1954, just bumped up from the mid '80s to the mid '90s, and the solution for Godzilla in the novel, reproducing the call Godzilla responds to electronically, was taken exactly from the movie.

The cool thing Cerasini did, I remember, was in a further novel explained that Godzilla had learned his lesson and ignored further attempts to lure him away with the call. That's something I wondered about in the Heisei movies! Why did no one try to use the thing that worked again?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 am

That's been a sore spot with me for years. They never used the sonic call again, even though it worked. They never used the ANEB again, even though it worked, and even the cadmium missiles were left on the shelves until Destroyah. Why did they leave these successful strategies to gather cobwebs but still build mech after mech?
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Return to Godzilla Films In General