[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
What were the first three Godzilla movies you ever watched? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

What were the first three Godzilla movies you ever watched?

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Re: What were the first three Godzilla movies you ever watch

Postby Giganfan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:38 pm

1. Godzilla 1985
2. Godzilla vs. Gigan
3. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla ('74)
4. Godzilla Versus The Sea Monster
5. Son of Godzilla
6. Godzilla vs. Mothra ('64)
7. Godzilla vs. Monster Zero
8. Terror of Mechagodzilla

In that order, that is about as many as I remember.
"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Postby Rodanex » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:17 pm

I remember being a kid in the early 90s trying to find more Godzilla movies, and often times being totally misled by the alternate titles. My aunt gave me the Goodtimes 'Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster' video, and I was so excited to see a new Godzilla movie, only to be totally disappointed that it was just a re-edited version of 'Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla' with a different title.

Those were the days...
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby GFan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:54 pm

GFan
Burning Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Godzilla vs Gigan, then Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, and then Godzilla vs Megalon....or is it Sea Monster? I know that last one I saw on TBS.

IN ECUADOR!

IN BLACK AND WHITE!

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby angilas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 am

Last edited by angilas on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gohi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 am

Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla
(The latter two were part of a two-pack)
Gohi
Baby Godzilla

Postby Jorzilla » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

I think the LAST of the movies to watch where as follows:

Recent to oldest:

1. Godzilla 2014
2. Godzilla Final Wars
3. Gojira
4. Tokyo SOS
5. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
6. Son of Godzilla
7. GMK
8.GxM
9. Godzilla 2000
10. Godzilla Raids Again
11. Destroy All Monsters
12. Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla
13. Godzilla vs. Destroyah
14. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
15. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
16. Godzilla vs. Mothra
17. G'98
Last edited by Jorzilla on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:15 pm

1. Godzilla vs. Gigan
2. Godzilla vs. Megalon
3. Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla
(as [i]Cosmic Monster[
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby walshiam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:24 pm

As I recall, it didn't take very long at all for the first films to show up on television. As a very small child, I do recall seeing "Godzilla, King of the Monsters", "Godzilla vs. The Thing" and "King Kong vs. Godzilla" within a year or two of each other in the early sixties on late night "Weird Theater" or Saturday afternoon movie slots. The next one to get a lot of exposure was "Monster Zero" and later "Destroy All Monsters". "Gigantis, The Fire Monster" and "Ghidrah, The Three-Headed Monster" didn't show until late '70's to early '80's.
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby gila-monster » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm

The first Godzilla film I watched was Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974). After that I'm not so sure of the order, but I saw the following shortly after:
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs the Sea Monster
Mothra

And then I got a hold of Godzilla vs Biollante. I saw most of the others in random order soon afterwards, although I didn't watch Godzilla vs Hedorah, Son of Godzilla or Godzilla Raids Again until they showed up on DVD 5 - 10 years ago or so.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Ultraseven » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:57 am

1) King Kong vs Godzilla like 35 years ago (TV station, spanish dub)
Meanwhile tv programs and features like Space Giants, Ultraseven, Mighty Jack (Los Magníficos Justicieros as titled in spanish), Gamera vs Barugon, Gamera vs Gyaos, Ultraman, etc. in that order. Then...
2) Mothra vs Godzilla (mid-80s, TV station, spanish dub)
3) Godzilla 1985 (bootleg VHS, late 80s, english w/out subtitles, so the start of self-learned english :D )
Ultraseven
Godzilla

Postby Doctor Kaiju » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:30 am

1. Godzilla vs. Megalon.
2. Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster.
3. Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster.

All on Saturday afternoon television.
Doctor Kaiju
Godzilla Egg

Postby DannyBeane » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Allegedly King Kong vs Godzilla when I was 2. Then the next ones were probably Godzilla vs Gigan and Godzilla vs Megalon or Godzilla 1985 seeing as those 3 were at the local video store when I was a kid.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:55 pm

1. Godzilla, King of the Monsters - I got started off right. After falling love with Godzilla via the NES game Monster of Monsters, I wanted to see more. My local blockbuster had a decent selection, maybe 8 or 10 titles. My mom was helping me pick one out, and she saw that the back of the box said this was the original. At her suggestion, I began at the beginning. I was an instant die hard fan.

2. Godzilla 1985 - this one scared the bejeebies out of me with the beginning sea louse scene with dead bodies everywhere. But the updated (extremely convincing to this ten year old) effects and Godzilla suit won me over. I used to rent this over and over and over - always fast forwarding through the dead bodies and sea louse...

3. After that it kinda becomes a blur but I know Monster Zero, Sea Monster, and Ghidrah were all available at the blockbuster and very early viewings for me but I can't remember what order I saw them in. Gigan, Mechagodzilla, and Terror of MechaG were also on that shelf but I know Gigan was one of the last ones I rented b/c the back cover showed a bloodied Godzilla unconcious at the feet of Gigan and the implications were a bit much for me at that age...
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Godzilla Films In General