[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
For the Soundtrack Enthusiasts: The Best of Godzilla '99-'04 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

For the Soundtrack Enthusiasts: The Best of Godzilla '99-'04

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

For the Soundtrack Enthusiasts: The Best of Godzilla '99-'04

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't typically make new topics of my own, but I felt like this might be interesting enough. Late 1990s/early 2000s the "Best of Godzilla" CDs were the only available source of Godzilla music for myself. I assume no other official release of the original series' music was available in North America before that point.

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about: , .)

Recently a friend asked me to make him a version of the more recent era of music a task I was happy to do, but inept at cutting down.

So what would you were in charge of a "Best of Godzilla: 1999-2004" what tracks would you attempt to fit on a 90 minute CD? From which version of the releases would you use? The recent box sets? The original releases? The American releases of G2K and GxM? Feel free to pull up iTunes and try it yourself, if you like, and yes you do have to include the scores you don't like as well. I'm interested in what some feel were the best representations of each movie from this era.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Re: For the Soundtrack Enthusiasts: The Best of Godzilla '99

Postby Silver Kamen » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:44 pm

I have these, and I think they are perfect for a starting point in Godzilla music.

That being said, I hold onto the Perfect Box like there is no tomorrow.
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Banned user

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm

I thought an audio CD could only hold 78 minutes and 59 seconds of audio without skipping issues. Or have I been horribly deceived by the sticker on the front of Metallica's Load CD and its accompanying Wikipedia article? Time to reevaluate my life, maybe.

With my old, potentially misguided preconceptions in mind, though, here's a playlist I've sorted out in iTunes, "The Best of Godzilla: 1999 - 2004" with 30 tracks clocking in at 77 minutes and 10 seconds. All tracks are from Toho's perfect collection soundtrack releases, with one noted exception. For easy reference, all of the titles I list here are Toho's titles from those releases, even though I've personally tweaked many of the track names on my iPod as I've seen fit. See for a list of all of the soundtracks and their track titles.

Godzilla 2000 - Takayuki Hattori
01. The Object From Space - Disaster I (M9)
02. Before the Explosion (M26)
03. A Hope to Dad (M30A)
04. G's Decision (M37B)
05. End Title - The Feared God - Godzilla - (M39C + M21)

Godzilla 2000 (U.S. version) - J. Peter Robinson
06. Godzilla vs. Orga (click for the source and for how to rip it)

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - Michiru Oshima
07. Scout (M5)
08. Godzilla x Meganula (M28)
09. Godzilla x Megaguirus II (M40)
10. Kirikio's Decision - Lock On (M45)
11. Dimension Tide x Godzilla (M46)

Giant Monsters All-Out Attack - Ko Otani
12. Terrifying Landing (M19)
13. Godzilla's Rage (M32)
14. Determined to Protect the Future (M33)
15. A Desperate Crisis (M36)

Godzilla x Mechagodzilla - Michiru Oshima
16. Godzilla Lands - Godzilla x The Special Defense Forces (M2 - First Half)
17. The Skeleton of Godzilla (M7)
18. Mobilization (M14)
19. Intense Fighting II (M26)

Godzilla: Tokyo SOS - Michiru Oshima
20. Imago Mothra x Godzilla I (M18)
21. Kiryu Mobilization (M24)
22. Kiryu in Flight - Yoshito Rescued - To the Japan Trench (M38)

Godzilla: Final Wars - Various composers (listed below)
23. Main Title (M2C) - Nobuhiko Morino and Akira Ifukube
24. Rodan Attacks New York (M8) - Keith Emerson
25. Gigan Awakens (M16 Edit) - Daisuke Yano
26. The King of the Monsters Returns (M22 Edit) - Nobuhiko Morino
27. Godzilla vs. the Three Monsters (M25 GtrA) - Daisuke Yano
28. The Xilien's Intent (M28) - Nobuhiko Morino
29. The Fierce Battle of Four Great Monsters (M31-1) - Daisuke Yano
30. Godzilla vs. Keizer Ghidorah (M35-2) - Daisuke Yano
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't find many of the millennium soundtracks memorable enough to buy.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Hrm. I find G2K to be the only one (of 6) without a memorable score. But I think there are some excellent samples in the others
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:25 pm

There's a few decent tracks in the bunch, but I could say the same about Biollante which has the equivelant of clown music for a Godzilla film. The only song I can play in my head is GMK's main theme, and it's just alright.
I thought Otani's work in the Gamera trilogy was much better.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:20 am

To me, having 8 selections from GFW seems like a little much. Id rather have more Oshima and Otani in a collection like that. I'd whittle that down to three: the Godzilla theme, the main title and the end title. That's all I ever bothered to transfer to my iPod from the film's soundtrack.

Luckily, I have all of the individual soundtracks for these movies. But aside from GxMG and SOS I rarely listen to them anymore.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:54 pm

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:38 pm

DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Me too. I actually really like the Biollante score as a whole and don't understand why some hate it so. It's very heroic sounding.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:29 am

DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Godzilla Films In General