[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Nostalgia • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Nostalgia

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Nostalgic horror movie fans that crap on new films because they aren't the same as the old films are the same as fans of the new horror films that crap on the older films just because they're old. Their both annoying and a fact of the fandom. The best example of these two subtypes of fans is go to the original Dawn of the Dead imdb forums. This is the greatest movie ever while The Walking Dead/Zombieland are pretenders and vice versa.

I will admit that I am more of a classic movie fan. I prefer the aesthetics of latex effects. I also find that a lot of modern horror movies are unrealistically grungy. The Halloween films/Friday the 13th films feel like they take place in the real world while films like hostel and the Rob Zombie Halloween remake make me feel like I need a tetanus shot after I watch them because everything is rusty and dilapidated and blood isn't red its chocolate colored.

That said there are a ton of horror movies I like. Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Cabin in the Woods, Zombieland, Slither, Stakeland etc. I'm a horror movie fan that just happens to know what I like and don't like.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby RaptorG » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 pm

I normally lurk around here but this thread got me thinking pretty good. Nostalgia plays a very large role in my love for Godzilla and it took me a long while to finally admit that I'm not fond of the Millenium movies as I was with the Heisei and Showa.

Lately due to the reveal and announcement of the Godzilla 2014 movie, I find myself reminded of all of the Nostalgia moment that I had in 1998. I remember when they were advertising the 1998 movie, Stores were selling the Showa movies, there were the Trendmaster toys and everything was just running out on Godzilla. I was still in high school during the time but I recall a good feeling that it was good to be a Godzilla fan during that time. Of course everything was thrown out of the door when the movie actually came out.

The one choice that nostalgia didn't factor in for me was my dislike for the plot of Final Wars though.
RaptorG
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Irish Gfan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Irish Gfan
Little Godzilla

Postby Giganfan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 am

"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Postby Gwangi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:41 am

Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Godzilla Films In General