Cool Videos Thread

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Re:

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 am

jellydonut25 wrote:that one of Destoroyah SMACKING into that pole....at about 1:40. :lol:

Just saw this one....wow. lol
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: Re:

Postby Silver Kamen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Hybrid Gojira wrote:
jellydonut25 wrote:that one of Destoroyah SMACKING into that pole....at about 1:40. :lol:

Just saw this one....wow. lol

That was just too lolzy. :lol:
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Mexigojira » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:46 am

Here's a video of the j-pop group Buka Buka singing Kanashimi no Gojira (Godzilla's Sorrow) from the Movie Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla (90's) 8)

phpBB [media]

heres the you tube with the song only:

phpBB [media]
Last edited by Mexigojira on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 pm

phpBB [media]
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm

well, i hated that song. but that video is basically one of those things that would have made me pumped to see a Heisei movie as a kid. It's stuff like that that caused me to hate the Heisei series soooo much. They could never live up to their hype.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:55 pm

phpBB [media]
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Silver Kamen » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

^
To be honest, that music does not fit with the movie(s). Too over-dramatic.
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Silver Kamen wrote:^
To be honest, that music does not fit with the movie(s). Too over-dramatic.

LOL

well that is how they role on YouTube.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:45 pm

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby TylerPreston20 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:34 am

On Youtube, I have my own channel with the same username here. The link for it is in the description, however, here's a sample video of mines:
phpBB [media]
Check out my Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O/about
TylerPreston20
Little Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:11 am

Remember when we used to say things like "I just want to get these one day"?

and then we did, and when we did it became "God, I wish we'd just not have gotten it if they were gonna do such a bad job". :roll:
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby klen7 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 am

TylerPreston20 wrote:On Youtube, I have my own channel with the same username here. The link for it is in the description, however, here's a sample video of mines:
http://youtu.be/E2vWL3Befuk

Welcome to the boards, I have seen some of your videos on youtube before and i'm looking forward to your Astro-monster video you teased in another thread.

I think the big tradeoff that makes Shout an acceptable evil in my book is that they keep the prices low and bring out obscure stuff that no one else is even bothering with. On the flip side if you look at the US release of 'Kamen Rider V3', they were looking for $200 for the series when it was released where Shout! gave us Ultraseven for under $40.

The Gamera releases were unfortunate, but again I have to applaud them for releasing all of the Showa series rather than stopping when the first two releases underperformed in sales. It would have been nice to see them continue the same level of quality, but i understand the decision to go to double features and perhaps (conjecture on my part) switch to a cheaper subtitle service in order to try make the series work for them
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Silver Kamen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Nice to find someone else who is not on the Shout! Factory bandwagon for once....
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Silver Kamen wrote:Nice to find someone else who is not on the Shout! Factory bandwagon for once....

I'm neither on nor off it...but I appreciate that I can get a Shout! release for a reasonable price. I mean, certain small labels that put out these special discs NEVER drop their prices and you have to pay more than you think some of these things are worth to own them. Not to name any names (*cough*Criter*cough*ion*cough*), but if one of these smaller labels that don't budge their pricing got hold of some of the catalog titles that I only kinda sort enjoy (DAM, Megalon, Terror of MechaG, the Heisei series), my heart would actually drop...I never want to have to pay $30 for one of the 90s Godzilla films.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I remember the days when all we had were dubbed, pan-n-scan tapes of a select few films. I think our fandom is incredibly lucky to have so many US releases.

Shout does pretty good stuff. They release stuff that wouldn't get released otherwise and they manage to put out a lot of stuff while being, in actually, a pretty small garage-band of a company - hence I'm more understanding of the mistakes. I'm less forgiving when a big company has a wonky transfer or subtitle errors.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 pm

phpBB [media]

This is my silly Kaiju music video entry for G-Fest this year.
It had a great fan reaction, so I was pleased :D
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

I guess this was inevitable:

phpBB [media]
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:44 am

Sometimes inevitability can be a good thing. Like in this case.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 pm

some EarthBaragon Underground

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v15234337QfCYRce5
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:
phpBB [media]

This is my silly Kaiju music video entry for G-Fest this year.
It had a great fan reaction, so I was pleased :D

That's great.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 am

TylerPreston20 wrote:On Youtube, I have my own channel with the same username here. The link for it is in the description, however, here's a sample video of mines

No offense, but I understand you are probably too young to remember the days when the only way to obtain these would be to pay 15-20 bucks for a VHS bootleg of any single Toku Film, or 5 episodes of any series from nth generation copies. S!F isn't perfect to be sure, but it IS better than nothing, and certainly much better than our options of 20,15,10, or even 5 years ago. Unless mass media as a whole decides to do away with region encoding, I seriously doubt you will see any TPC approved subtitled Ultra Series for license in North America. As of now TPC has no incentive to add english subtitles because most english-speaking fans wont pay outrageous prices to import DVD's they cannot understand. There are only a handful of licensers that i think would even have a shot at something like Zone Fighter :

Shout!Factory -(They would be my first choice, but they have stated in the past that Toho is too difficult to negotiate with, so they have no interest. Of course in 2011, there was little to no hope of them doign MST3K versions of Gamera either, and they were abel to work that out. If nothign else it shows some things can change, unlike TPC who has in the last 30 years only licensed one series (TIGA) for release on DVD in North America)
Discotek/Eastern Star (My 2nd choice, they released War in Space & also Message From Space before S!F picked it up. They have also been purchasing distribution rights of Anime Libraries from companies like Tatsunoko & Toei)
Echo Bridge (For all the crap they take for releasing poor quality videos, they did an outstanding job on the Biollante Blu-Ray. I corresponded regularly with the producer of this product over at TK. He was realistic in thinking that his company would not go after Godzilla 1985, but at least we currently know even if they wanted to, it would not be an option)
Media Blasters (Lastly & Begrudgingly -they have history with Toho, albeit most of it BAD since the DAM/Megalon fiasco. And they cant hold on to a release date if their lives depended on it, I REALLY want Zone Fighter on licensed DVD, I just dont know if I would deal with the devil to get it)

But just for the record, if your wondering why I didn't list Criterion, or Sony, or even Classic Media. It's because we pretty much know they have no interest and WILL NOT even give Zone Fighter any consideration to release on DVD in North America.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby TylerPreston20 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:21 am

O.Supreme wrote:
TylerPreston20 wrote:On Youtube, I have my own channel with the same username here. The link for it is in the description, however, here's a sample video of mines

No offense, but I understand you are probably too young to remember the days when the only way to obtain these would be to pay 15-20 bucks for a VHS bootleg of any single Toku Film, or 5 episodes of any series from nth generation copies. S!F isn't perfect to be sure, but it IS better than nothing, and certainly much better than our options of 20,15,10, or even 5 years ago. Unless mass media as a whole decides to do away with region encoding, I seriously doubt you will see any TPC approved subtitled Ultra Series for license in North America. As of now TPC has no incentive to add english subtitles because most english-speaking fans wont pay outrageous prices to import DVD's they cannot understand. There are only a handful of licensers that i think would even have a shot at something like Zone Fighter :

Shout!Factory -(They would be my first choice, but they have stated in the past that Toho is too difficult to negotiate with, so they have no interest. Of course in 2011, there was little to no hope of them doign MST3K versions of Gamera either, and they were abel to work that out. If nothign else it shows some things can change, unlike TPC who has in the last 30 years only licensed one series (TIGA) for release on DVD in North America)
Discotek/Eastern Star (My 2nd choice, they released War in Space & also Message From Space before S!F picked it up. They have also been purchasing distribution rights of Anime Libraries from companies like Tatsunoko & Toei)
Echo Bridge (For all the crap they take for releasing poor quality videos, they did an outstanding job on the Biollante Blu-Ray. I corresponded regularly with the producer of this product over at TK. He was realistic in thinking that his company would not go after Godzilla 1985, but at least we currently know even if they wanted to, it would not be an option)
Media Blasters (Lastly & Begrudgingly -they have history with Toho, albeit most of it BAD since the DAM/Megalon fiasco. And they cant hold on to a release date if their lives depended on it, I REALLY want Zone Fighter on licensed DVD, I just dont know if I would deal with the devil to get it)

But just for the record, if your wondering why I didn't list Criterion, or Sony, or even Classic Media. It's because we pretty much know they have no interest and WILL NOT even give Zone Fighter any consideration to release on DVD in North America.

Hello, O Supreme, you probably know me as The Dark Uniter on Toho Kingdom and we even traded many times in the past, so nice to see you again. I remember the times of VHS since I'm a 90's kid and have some in my collection, but that was a different period, and our standards have (or should) risen. Actually in the past and even now, the head of TPC mentioned many times they want to release the English dub of Ultra Q, so we may or may not see that in the future. Zone Fighter is not going to get a release because Toho Studios charges $40,000 dollars for the complete show; no company would want to spend that much compared to Toei's offering price for Giant Robo being 1,000 for the whole series.
Check out my Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O/about
TylerPreston20
Little Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Henry88 wrote:
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

What dub is the GvsKG video from?
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Didn't we have someone by the name of The Dark Uniter around here for a while?
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby H-Man » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Hybrid Gojira wrote:What dub is the GvsKG video from?

The international dub is the only English dub of the movie, so I'd guess that whoever created the new sound mixes also re-dubbed several lines by himself.
H-Man
Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Godzilla Films In General