Cool Videos Thread

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 am

"...and now stay tuned as Gamma vs Monster X next..." :lol: Gotta love the 80's when TV announcers just didn't care. I guess I feel fortunate growing up in the S.F. bay Area , a couple of stations had marathons like this every year, when my parents first got a VCR in 1986, its how I nabbed so many kaiju films off TV.
Film Wish List:1. Gamera Super Monster with Filmways opening/closing credits
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 pm

And speaking of Gamma:

phpBB [media]


I didn't know the Sci-Fi Channel showed the Sandy Frank Gameras.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Psycho Soldier » Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

This would make me want to see G98 in B&W:

phpBB [media]
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this: my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger! Go! Go! Go!" - Domon Kasshu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
User avatar
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:11 pm
Location: Kaneda

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Tue May 30, 2017 11:10 am

"Jet Planes Cannot Kill it!:"...uhmmmm :wink:
Film Wish List:1. Gamera Super Monster with Filmways opening/closing credits
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby tbeasley » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:56 pm

phpBB [media]
~ Tyler

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
User avatar
tbeasley
Godzilla
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: South MS

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:13 pm

lhb412 wrote:And speaking of Gamma:

phpBB [media]


I didn't know the Sci-Fi Channel showed the Sandy Frank Gameras.



Oh yeah, in their early days, the whole Sandy Frank package was run all the time on Sci-Fi Channel... Mighty Jack, Time Of The Apes, the Fugitive Aliens, and the Gameras. They also used to run Godzilla in primetime:

phpBB [media]
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby klen7 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:06 pm

tbeasley wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bo3mfx3E6M

i like this.


G vs Gehara
phpBB [media]

spoiler in thumbnail...
User avatar
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6660
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 pm
Location: beyond your peripheral vision

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Henry88 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 am

phpBB [media]


phpBB [media]


phpBB [media]


phpBB [media]
for the best riffers of the age go to
http://www.robotco-op.com
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby H-Man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:29 pm

The classic Sci-Fi Channel showed lots of Japanese sci-fi stuff. Everything mentioned, of course, and also relative rarities like Zeram, Terror Beneath the Sea, and both Prince of Space and Invasion of the Neptune Men before they were mocked on MST3K.
Cody

Image
User avatar
H-Man
Godzilla
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:55 am

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Was 1997 when DAM returned to circulation in the United States?
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Bad news, guys. It's time to pack it all in, because everyone's favorite (non-Bill Nye) science guy has struck down the mighty Godzilla in a puff on logic:

phpBB [media]



Godzilla
1954 - 2017
"he had a good run"
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby H-Man » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:42 pm

lhb412 wrote:Was 1997 when DAM returned to circulation in the United States?


That was actually January 20, 1996. (Hedorah was first broadcast the same day.)

There's a nearly complete archived Sci-Fi Channel schedule at The Inner Mind, which I've used to date my old Sci-Fi Channel recordings.
Cody

Image
User avatar
H-Man
Godzilla
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:55 am

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:46 pm

^ Wow! Thanks for that link. Fun to see when I saw those MST3K episodes for the first time (started watching just as the series ended and went into reruns).
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm

phpBB [media]



Nineties cable best cable
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Henry88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:24 pm

lhb412 wrote:Bad news, guys. It's time to pack it all in, because everyone's favorite (non-Bill Nye) science guy has struck down the mighty Godzilla in a puff on logic:

phpBB [media]



Godzilla
1954 - 2017
"he had a good run"


and a big who cares comes the audience.
for the best riffers of the age go to
http://www.robotco-op.com
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Joseph Goodman wrote:Nineties cable best cable


I agree... but that's kinda because it was new and kinda underground and everyone was scrambling to manage 24 hours of content so you ended up with weird stuff. People had to get creative out of desperation. One of my favorite details about why Comedy Central decided to make MST3K in the first place back in, like, 1989 was simply because it's long. The fact it took up two hours of time was seen as a godsend!
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 pm

This is something I've been looking for for a while:

phpBB [media]


It's the promo for Tristar Godzilla VHS tapes that was on the rental copy of the Godzilla 2000 VHS!

For some reason, the film was released on DVD and on VHS tapes only for rental stores first. The retail VHS release was delayed for several months and... I don't know why. To encourage you to get a DVD played? Worked for me. I had a DVD player within a year. Anyway, it meant, fresh off seeing the movie in theaters five times, I now had to rent the movie from Movie Gallery if I wanted to see it, so I did. Some time later the retail VHS came out and I bought it and noticed it was lacking this little teaser ^
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:56 pm

lhb412 wrote:
Joseph Goodman wrote:Nineties cable best cable


I agree... but that's kinda because it was new and kinda underground and everyone was scrambling to manage 24 hours of content so you ended up with weird stuff. People had to get creative out of desperation. One of my favorite details about why Comedy Central decided to make MST3K in the first place back in, like, 1989 was simply because it's long. The fact it took up two hours of time was seen as a godsend!


That, and every company hadn't decided to chase the exact same demographic on every channel yet. And then there was the scourge of transparently phony "reality" shows that took over everything in the 2000's... cable is pretty much worthless these days. Even the "niche" channels only show the same small handful of shows and movies. I
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Huh?

phpBB [media]
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:53 am

lhb412 wrote:Huh?


I was trying to add to your point about how cable was still experimental in the 90's.

lhb412 wrote:
phpBB [media]



Reminds me of:
phpBB [media]



..or

phpBB [media]
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 pm

^Sorry: I wasn't 'huh?'ing you, but rather preemptively responding to the video I posted just after!
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Ah, okay. That Ultraman ad reminds me of this one, too:

phpBB [media]
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Mexigojira » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:50 pm

The one with Mazinger Z made me tear a bit.

So, Hedorah on a TV show, using the FW costume for a prank.
phpBB [media]
Image
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
User avatar
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:49 pm
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Léon Mexico

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 pm

^I saw that earlier today on this blog:

http://jimpluff.tumblr.com/post/1629403 ... ared-on-tv

He's apparently a celebrity who happens to be a huge Hedorah fan - that's his collection of vinyls you see in the video!
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 13374
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby Henry88 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:36 am

phpBB [media]
for the best riffers of the age go to
http://www.robotco-op.com
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

PreviousNext

Return to Godzilla Films In General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest