Cool Pictures Thread

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:57 am

Image

Image

Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:40 am

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Spoiler territory -
Spoiler Below:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Image

Image

I like the idea that the Skull Island skull crawlers might be inspired by the briefly seen two legged lizard from the original, which in part is inspired by similar creatures in Gustave Dore illustrations -
Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby lhb412 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 pm

^Jordan Vogt-Roberts retweeted an an image of a skull crawler and the '33 two-legged lizard side by side.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 15611
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:13 pm

This log insect thing reminds me of the famous log scene too -
Image

Image
(Check out the Styracosaurus!)
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Mexigojira » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:51 am

Image
Image
Image
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
User avatar
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:49 pm
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Léon Mexico

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Mexigojira » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Image

This need a movie!!
Image
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
User avatar
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:49 pm
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Léon Mexico

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby lhb412 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:25 am

tbeasley wrote:Image
(Check out the Styracosaurus!)


Ah, yeah! That's the reason (cut from the film) they're running away and onto the log, but in the final edit it looks like they're still running from the brontosaurus!
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 15611
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:58 am

~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Image
I wonder what type of Rodan Legendary will go for. I hope it's more Showa/FW (two horns!) than Heisei.

Image

Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 11837
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Englewood CO but originally from Buffalo NY

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 am

Image

Image

Spoiler Below:
Image

Image

Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Gojira07 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Finally got a Ghidorah tattoo last week to go along with my Godzilla one.

Image
Gojira07
Baby Godzilla
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby klen7 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 am

^ Wow. good stuff.
User avatar
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 7302
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 pm
Location: beyond your peripheral vision

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Image
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:50 am

^I agree with everything in this diagram except...the placement of KK vs G. Now I understand it was mostly played for fun, but it should really go with the classics- G vs M, GTTHM, Astro Monster & DAM. However I did notice there is a certain "symmetry" and other than single films, others are grouped into even numbers - 2,4,6 etc... so this would throw that off. But other than that I really like it. In fact I have a friend who this is perfect for. he watched Godzilla movies kind of randomly and doesn't really have a grasp on the overall scope.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby tbeasley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm

A lot of those film charts make the series seem even more cluttered and convoluted than it really is.

Then and now...
Image
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
User avatar
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: the tbunker

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Jorzilla » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 pm

O.Supreme wrote:^I agree with everything in this diagram except...the placement of KK vs G. Now I understand it was mostly played for fun, but it should really go with the classics- G vs M, GTTHM, Astro Monster & DAM. However I did notice there is a certain "symmetry" and other than single films, others are grouped into even numbers - 2,4,6 etc... so this would throw that off. But other than that I really like it. In fact I have a friend who this is perfect for. he watched Godzilla movies kind of randomly and doesn't really have a grasp on the overall scope.

This came from reddit.com/r/godzilla originally and was adapted by a 4chan user on /tv/ after Shin Godzilla release. However, OP of the original reddit recommended FAQ movie order which I actually wrote about 3 years ago.

I have heard this criticism from Kaijucast crew and I see the point. However, I organized it that way for these reasons:

1. The Japanese cut is not widely available to the English Speaking audience. I saw King Kong vs. Godzilla in Japanese, and I agree that it is worthy of being called a classic if you watch that version.

2. The major highlight points of King Kong vs. Godzilla are recycled in Mothra vs. Godzilla, but Mothra vs. Godzilla is a better film.

3. Grouping those 4 films together basically tells the story of Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah though the best golden age films, as directed by Honda with effects by Tsuburaya.


This is my original thread on MZ, with comments: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19756&hilit=order
Image
User avatar
Jorzilla
Heisei Godzilla
 
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:39 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Joseph Goodman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I agree with the placement of KKvsG in the "I want it goofy" category, on account of a lot of it actually being played for laughs, which comes through even in the US version. I'm not sure about the two "island" films being in the same "goofy category as Gigan, either. I'd also expand the "similar" box to include "Varan" and "Space Amoeba".
User avatar
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla
 
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:12 am
Location: Annandale, VA

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 am

Appreciate the feedback Jorzilla. Although the two island films have gained a lot of praise from the fan base overall in the last few years, I feel they are way more "goofy" than KK vs Godzilla, so they are well placed in that bracket. I mean I don't hate those films, but the odd shift that has occurred in the last few years leaves me puzzled. I can see fan appreciation building, but they still are, what they are, I mean you really can't get much more goofy than Minya can you? Also while Ebirah is played fairly seriously, I cant think of how laughable the Condor is, the Rock toss scene between Godzilla & Ebirah, and the comedy relief of some of the human characters, I mean, there was a pretty good reason MST3K was able to riff it so well.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby lhb412 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 pm

I understand the thinking behind the decisions made in that chart, but if you ask 100 different Godzilla films you'll have 100 different opinions, so naturally I disagree with it! Either watch the individual series in order or just go with random order (but at least try to see the first appearances of certain monsters first so you'll get a sense of how the ideas originated).
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 15611
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Henry88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby klen7 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:10 am

Henry88 wrote:Image

Nope. nope. nope
User avatar
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 7302
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 pm
Location: beyond your peripheral vision

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Now that is somewhat disquieting.
User avatar
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla
 
Posts: 15611
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:11 pm

Re: Cool Pictures Thread

Postby Henry88 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 pm

klen7 wrote:
Henry88 wrote:Image

Nope. nope. nope


it is the Future
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
User avatar
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: Heflin,AL

PreviousNext

Return to Godzilla Films In General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron