Heisei Gamera Observation

Spinning flame-jetted turtles, space birds being chopped up like bologna, kids in shorts screaming for help...the original Gamera series was a strange mix of wacky fun!! The 90's Gamera films set a standard that other kaiju films are measured against! Discuss Gamera films here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Heisei Gamera Observation

Postby DannyBeane » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:35 pm

So I have rewatched the entire trilogy this past week and I have a question/Observation. What is the point of Gamera being a turtle and having a shell if everything cuts it? :lol: Seriously if his shell would stop something his skin doesn't I'd be a little impressed. However it seems as anytime a kaiju can cut his skin, that same attack will tear through his shell. Anyways I thought it was just a funny observation.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Re: Heisei Gamera Observation

Postby lhb412 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 am

It's a Gamera tradition: even at the height of his movies being kid-oriented he is always horribly mutilated in his movies.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 am

lhb412 wrote:It's a Gamera tradition: even at the height of his movies being kid-oriented he is always horribly mutilated in his movies.

Gamera is the John Mcclane to Arnold schwarzenegger's John Matrix! And Sylvester Stallone is King Kong just because I can't think of another comparison.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:09 am

DannyBeane wrote:Gamera is the John Mcclane

This might be one of the best comparisons I've ever seen for Gamera. He really is the John McClane of the kaiju world... especially in the Heisei trilogy.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby klen7 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:22 pm

I want this to become a meme!! >_<
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:23 pm

If someone could get me a picture of Heisei Gameras from behind, then I would photoshop a gun taped to his shell
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Return to Gamera Films!