[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Different Gammera the Invincible dub DVDs? Please help. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Different Gammera the Invincible dub DVDs? Please help.

Spinning flame-jetted turtles, space birds being chopped up like bologna, kids in shorts screaming for help...the original Gamera series was a strange mix of wacky fun!! The 90's Gamera films set a standard that other kaiju films are measured against! Discuss Gamera films here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Different Gammera the Invincible dub DVDs? Please help.

Postby Hawkangel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 am

Hi everyone,

I recently bought Shout! Factory's Gamera : The Giant Monster DVD and although the transfer is great, I was disappointed that there are no English dubbed versions on the Disc while the other Shout! Factory Gamera DVDs do.

I'd like to get an English dubbed version (i.e. Gammera the Invincible), obtain a double disc Amaray case and add the cover sleeve, booklet, the Shout! Factory Disc and dubbed version DVD disc into it so I have all the complete versions in one case.
I'm an OCD completist like that. :)

Anyway, I recently came across a couple of dubbed releases, but I am unsure what the difference is and what dubs they contain.
I understand there is the original dub and the Sandy Frank dub, but I am unsure which DVD release contains which.

Here are a couple of releases, can anyone shed any light? -

I'm not really interested in any MST3K releases.
Thanks in advance for any help here.
Hawkangel
Godzilla Egg

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:56 pm

The first one is the US version. I've never owned the other two but I would guess that anything with "Gammera the Invincible" as the title is the edited US version. The Sandy Frank version was first released on VHS under the title "."
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:29 pm

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to Gamera Films!