[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Gamera vs. Guiron Talkback • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Gamera vs. Guiron Talkback

Spinning flame-jetted turtles, space birds being chopped up like bologna, kids in shorts screaming for help...the original Gamera series was a strange mix of wacky fun!! The 90's Gamera films set a standard that other kaiju films are measured against! Discuss Gamera films here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Gamera vs. Guiron Talkback

Postby king_ghidorah » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:32 pm

The Basics: Two boys get kidnapped by space aliens...wait...hot space alien babes...two of em!...ok,so...where were we...there's a bulldog like alien with a knife head that shoots ninja stars, and some silver colored Space Gyaos that get's butchered by the knife headed alien. Gamera some how breaks every rule of physics known to man, aliens, God and me...and flies to be planet to rescue the children. Once Gamera arrives he fights the evil alien babes and their pet knife headed monster before challenging the monster in the first ever SPACE OYLMPICS!!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/34464/saturda ... e-olympics

The Plot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamera_vs._Guiron

The Kaiju:

Gamera:Same old, same old. Unlike the Godzilla...Gamera's pretty much the same throughout the Showa era.

Space Gyaos: They're seemingly the cockroaches of the kaiju world and that creeps me out. These things spread like a virus. Sure there are deadlier kaiju...but Gyaos...well I can see them taking over everything eventually. One or two, sure there are several monsters who could beat them...allow them to multiply and we are all gonna die!!!

Guiron: Behind Gyaos and waaaay ahead of Barugon on my list of favorite Gamera kaiju. This guy is all sorts of amazing. (If you can find one, buy yourself a Rocket Pro figure of this guy if you are a fan, I'm looking at mine now...wow :eek: ) He seems to take pleasure in chopping the Space Gyaos!! Evil, smart and deadly. He outclasses Gamera through most of the film until the very end. This is the one Showa monster that comes the closest to being Gamera's equal.

The Acting: Gah. I hate reviewing the child actors in these films. They are what they are. These two are probably the best of the series though. Not insanely annoying. But the highlight of this movie are the two alien babes. Insanely evil and sexy...everything that's great about the Gamera movies :D . (There's deffinetly a trend in alien chicks in the Showa Gamera films which kind of makes sense if the stories about Noriaki Yuasa being something of a flirt and ladies man are to be believed :lol: )

The SPFX: Pretty good. This film was made cheap but the script gets us away from cities and Earth quickly so there's only a need for very minamilist sets once everyone goes out into space.

The Other Stuff:

-This was the first and only Gamera movie I saw as a child. I fell in love with this movie and to this day this is my favorite Gamera movie! Yes even more so than Gamera 3 (to be fair though there are a few Gamera movies that I like more than Gamera 3)

-The pastries that the boys eat always make me hungry...kind of like the pasta the kid eats in Godzilla's revenge

-This film is preposterous yes....but that's what makes it the best of the series!!! It just goes all out!! F'n nuts!!!

-I actually like the Cop and the hijinks and family life at the begining of the film
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Crap double post...can a mod delete this one please :(
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Gamera Films!