Gundam Invades Little Tokyo! Bandai Hobby Opens Pop-Up Store Inside Anime Jungle in Los Angeles
Source: BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) press release
Special Thanks to Scott Barretto
Bandai Spirits Hobby will be taking things on the road with a Pop-Up Store located inside Anime Jungle in Los Angeles, CA. Gundam fans from all over Southern California are encourage to swing by and check out over 300 individual items available for purchase. This is easily one of the largest selections of Gunpla available for purchase in the US.
What: BANDAI HOBBY POP-UP STORE
Where: 319 E 2nd St #122, Los Angeles, CA 90012
When: Open daily Wednesday – Monday from 12PM – 7PM PST. (Closed on Tuesdays)
Duration: October 16, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
Promotions and Giveaways
● Free gifts will be handed-out to customers with qualifying purchases over $60.00 or $100.00. Roughly every two weeks a new set of free gifts will be offered for qualifying purchases.
● Stamp Rewards: Every $15 spent qualifies for a stamp. Collect 10 stamps and earn a free gift.
Exclusives, Gundam Showcases and Rare Items
● With Gunpla nothing gets fans more excited than exclusives. There will be two exclusive items available for purchase at one time with different exclusives available roughly every two weeks.
● Master Meijin Kawaguchi will have selected works on display for fans to marvel and take photos. Additionally, award winners from the Gundam Online Expo will have their designs on display for your view pleasure.
● High demand and hard to find items will be available in limited quantities:
■ Entry Grade RX-78-2 GUNDAM $6.99
■ SD Hello Kitty & RX-78-2 GUNDAM $25.00
■ MGEX 1/100 UNICORN GUNDAM Ver. KA $250.00
Photo Ops and Market Exploration Around Little Tokyo
● There will be fun Gundam Characters and Mobile Suits positioned in and around nearby shops in Little Tokyo. Fans are encouraged to take their photo with these fun displays to share on social media. Tag @BluefinBrands and use #BandaiPopUpShop to share your adventure.
What is “GUNPLA”?
Gundam + Plastic Model = GUNPLA
GUNPLA is the common name for plastic models of Mobile Suits, Mobile Armor, and other robots that appear in the iconic Mobile Suit Gundam anime series.
Over 445 million GUNPLA models have been sold in the past 40 years since the first “1/144 Gundam” model was released in 1980. GUNPLA models are now manufactured in Japan with planning, product development and production taking place at the BANDAI Hobby Center, located in “Hobby City Shizuoka,” in order to maintain high quality and accurately meet market demand while also ensuring uniformity in design.
About Bluefin (Bandai Namco Collectibles)
Bluefin is a leading master and channel distributor of Japanese toys, collectibles, novelty and hobby products. The company’s extensive product line features a diverse and continually expanding catalog of high quality and popular collectibles from Asia. As a Bandai Namco group company, Bluefin distributes products in the U.S. for Bandai Tamashii Nations, Hobby and Shokugan. The company’s array of brand offerings also includes products from Storm Collectibles, Mr. Hobby/GSI, SEN-TI-NEL and Flame Toys, for which the company is the North American exclusive distributor. Bluefin is also the official North American consumer products and retail development partner for Studio Ghibli.
Additional company information is available at bluefinbrands.com.