Win DEATH NOTE Live-Action Movie Trilogy on Blu-ray/DVD Combo From Funimation!
Special Thanks to Scott Barretto and Alex Segura
Funimation is offering SciFi Japan readers a chance to win their new Blu-ray/DVD Combos of the acclaimed live-action films DEATH NOTE (デスノート, Desu Nōto, 2006) and DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME (デスノート the Last name, Desu Nōto the Last name, 2006) and the 10th anniversary sequel, DEATH NOTE: Light up the NEW World (デスノート Light up the NEW world, Desu Nōto Light up the NEW world, 2016).
■ DEATH NOTE/DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME Double Feature Blu-ray + DVD + Digital
The Death Note, a mysterious notebook that allows the owner to write the name of anyone and thus… kill them. When law student Light Yagami becomes the newest owner, he finds himself with the power of god and calls himself Kira. To stop his reign, the police bring in a special agent—the eccentric yet brilliant L. Can this genius detective connect the dots between Light and Kira?
This 3-disc (1 Blu-ray, 2 DVD) set includes both DEATH NOTE and DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME in 1080p HD 16:9, Dolby TrueHD Japanese 5.1/Japanese 5.1 Surround with English subtitles. The total runtime for both films is 266 minutes. The suggested retail price is $34.98.
■ DEATH NOTE: Light up the NEW World Blu-ray + DVD + Digital
Never before released in North America! Delighted by the reign of Kira ten years prior, the God of Death orders his reapers to find a replacement. When six Death Notes are placed on Earth — who will be worthy to take the place of Light Yagami and become the new Kira? With the help of L’s successor, the police begin their fight to stop this new reign of murder and find that the light of justice won’t die so easily.
This 2-disc set presents the film in 1080p HD 16:9, Dolby TrueHD Japanese 5.1/Japanese 5.1 Surround with English subtitles. The runtime for both films is 135 minutes. Extras include the Japanese trailer and TV spots. The suggested retail price is $34.98.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES and INFORMATION
A. There is one (1) prize, consisting of one (1) DEATH NOTE/DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME Double Feature Blu-ray/DVD Combo and one (1) DEATH NOTE: Light up the NEW World Blu-ray/DVD Combo.
B. The prize will be shipped to the contest winner so entrants must include a valid mailing address. This contest is only open to participants in the United States and Canada.
C. In the event that the winner chooses not to (or cannot) accept the prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize.
D. One entry per person. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prizes allowed.
Duration of contests:
A. The “DEATH NOTE Movie Trilogy” contest runs from January 22 until 11:59pm on February 6, 2019.
How to enter:
A. Submit your name, email address, and mailing address for the random drawing.
B. Be sure to write “DEATH NOTE Movie Trilogy” in the subject header of your email entry. SciFi Japan often runs multiple contests at the same time, so any entries without “DEATH NOTE Movie Trilogy” in the subject header will be discarded.
Determination of winners:
A. Only contestants who have submitted the requested information will be entered in the final drawing. The first randomly drawn eligible entry will be judged the winner for this contest.
B. SciFi Japan is not responsible for typographical, electronic or other errors in Internet operation affecting the offering, outcome, administration of the contest or the announcement of prizes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
C. The decision of Funimation and SciFi Japan is final. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the SciFi Japan judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
D. Following the drawing, the winner will be notified via email.
“DEATH NOTE Movie Trilogy” CONTEST
Email the following info to “DEATH NOTE Movie Trilogy” at email@example.com and you’re in the contest. Good luck!
Funimation, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television, is the global leader in the world of anime. A fully integrated, next-generation entertainment studio, the company’s fan-first philosophy is anchored in its omnichannel approach to its immersive offerings. From streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast, Funimation’s commitment to character-driven storytelling, combined with tech innovation and key distribution partnerships, provides audiences with multiple and meaningful touchpoints to connect with this immersive world. FunimationNow, a next generation streaming service, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of platforms — including smartphones, tablets, TVs and gaming consoles. For more information about Funimation, visit funimation.com. Funimation Films, the theatrical division of Funimation, acquires and distributes both anime and live action movies from prominent international filmmakers that appeal to the interests and passion of all types of fans throughout North America and its highly anticipated feature, DRAGON BALL SUPER: BROLY will be released in the U.S. and Canada on January 16, 2019. For more information about Funimation, visit funimation.com.
For more information on the DEATH NOTE series please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- AFM /AFI FEST REPORT #3: DEATH NOTE
- Record-breaking weekend for DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME
- DEATH NOTE Anime Series Comes to DVD from VIZ Media
- VIZ Pictures Licenses Theatrical and DVD Rights to Live Action DEATH NOTE Films
- Directors to Attend Vancouver Screenings of DEATH NOTE and THE iDol
- DEATH NOTE Live-Action Film on R1 DVD
- VIZ Media Announces Anime Releases for Fall 2008
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME U.S. Theatrical Event!
- Win Tickets to See DEATH NOTE Movies in Canada and US
- NY Anime Festival Sponsors DEATH NOTE Day at Kinokuniya
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME Ticket Winners!
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME Press Notes
- Canadian Theatrical Debut of DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME on Region 1 DVD from VIZ Pictures
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd U.S. Theatrical Event!
- Win Tickets to See DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd on April 29
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd Ticket Winners!
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd Press Notes
- NY Anime Festival and VIZ Pictures to Hold DEATH NOTE Day
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd on Region 1 DVD
- Two New DEATH NOTE Box Sets in the UK
- Death Note: L, change the WorLd Novelization now Available
- DEATH NOTE Movie Collection Coming to Blu-ray
- VIZ Pictures to Release First Blu-Ray: DEATH NOTE COLLECTION
- Win DEATH NOTE Blu-ray or BATTLE LEAGUE HORUMO DVD!
- DEATH NOTE Blu-ray and BATTLE LEAGUE HORUMO DVD Winners Announced
- DEATH NOTE 1 & 2 Blu-ray Collection Comes to UK
- Revisit the World of DEATH NOTE in the New Black Edition from VIZ Media
- DEATH NOTE Anime Now Available on Netflix Streaming
- VIZ Media Presents Death Note & Bakuman。 Manga Creator at 2014 NY Comic Con
- DEATH NOTE Anime Series Complete DVD Set on November 18th
- DEATH NOTE Anime Makes Its First Ever Blu-ray Debut On March 1st
- DEATH NOTE Light up the NEW world Press Notes
- DEATH NOTE Light up the NEW world Trailers
- DEATH NOTE: Light up the NEW world In Australian & New Zealand Cinemas 2016
- DEATH NOTE Light up the NEW world: New Trailer and High-Res Photos from Warner Bros. Japan
- DEATH NOTE (2017): American Remake Trailer, Featurette and High-Res Photos From Netflix
- Netflix Releases DEATH NOTE Remake “L” Character Poster
- Netflix Releases Final 2 DEATH NOTE Remake Character Posters