Network Premiere of ULTRAMAN NEXUS on TOKU
Source: TOKU press release
Special Thanks to Jesús Piñango
TOKU, the only 24/7 live and on demand television network dedicated to eye-catching anime, popular live-action titles and cult classics from Asia dubbed into English, announced the network premiere of the highly anticipated tokusatsu television series ULTRAMAN NEXUS (ウルトラマンネクサス, Urutoraman Nekusasu, 2004-05) on Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
Weekdays at 7 p.m. EST, TOKU will feature back-to-back episode of ULTRAMAN NEXUS. This 37-episode Japanese television series follows the story of a powerful warrior whose main mission is to protect mankind from destructive monsters and gigantic creatures called the Space Beasts. As a member of the Terrestrial Liberation Trust (TLT), Ultraman Nexus is committed to fight any threats that could endanger the planet. When needed, his powers and abilities can be summoned by the deunamists, a group of young and brave individuals who poses the power of the light.
Starring Takuji Kawakubo and Ysuki Kirishima, ULTRAMAN NEXUS was produced by Tsuburaya Productions and directed by Kazuya Konaka. The series is the 18th installment of the popular Ultra series and the 3rd and final product of the Ultra N Project. TOKU will now air all 30-minute episodes subtitled in English. The final episode is scheduled to premiere on Friday, June 2, 2017.
“TOKU distinguishes itself from the competition for its large variety of unrivaled programming, which is why we are investing in more high-quality content from Asia,” stated Jesús Piñango, Director of TV Content Strategy at Olympusat.
TOKU is owned and operated by Olympusat, Inc., and it’s currently available on Armstrong, AT&T U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, Claro TV, Comcast Xfinity, Hotwire Communications and MCTV.
For more information on TOKU’s programming, including tune in dates and times, please visit tokuhd.com.
ULTRAMAN NEXUS Episode Summary
1. Night Raid (夜襲 -ナイトレイド-, Yashuu – Naitoreido)
In the not so distant future, alien creatures known as Space Beasts are threatening humanity. An organization, TLT, was formed to combat the Beasts threatening humanity.
2. Space Beast (異生獣 -スペースビースト-, Iseiju – Supeesubiisuto)
Komon is now a member of the Night Raiders, a Special Forces agency who deals with the threat of the extraterrestrial Space Beasts.
3. Ultraman (巨人 -ウルトラマン-, Kyojin – Urutoraman)
The Beast have taken hostages. As the Night Raiders plan a response, the silver giant appears again!
4. Meta Field (亜空間 -メタフィールド-, Akuukan – Metafiirudo)
The Beasts are back, and deadlier than ever. The Night Raiders are dispatched to clear out a tunnel that has been occupied by the menace.
5. Deunamist (適能者 -デュナミスト-, Tekinosha – Dunamisuto)
Hoping to find the truth, a freelance journalist appears before Himeya.
6. Relic (遺跡 -レリック-, Iseki – Rerikku)
Komon is searching for the man that he thinks is Ultraman’s secret identity.
7. Faust (魔人 -ファウスト-, Majin – Fausuto)
A new Beast appears at an abandoned factory, and when the Night Raiders arrive, Komon finds a lost girl.
8. Memory Police (M・P -メモリーポリス-, M.P – Memoriiporisu)
Thanks to Komon and Himeya, Rina has survived. But Komon is held responsible for disobeying orders.
9. Warning (警告 -ワーニング-, Keikoku – Wooningu)
Komon is troubled by TLT’s decision to prioritize Space Beast extermination and memory erasure over the protection of civilians.
10. Strike Formation (突入 -ストライク・フォーメーション-, Totsunyu – Sutoraiku Foomeeshun)
Komon and Nagi’s jet crashes into the mountains, where they find Riko.
11. Marionette (人形 -マリオネット-, Ningyou – Marionetto)
Komon gets closer to Riko, and decides to keep fighting for her sake.
12. Lost Soul (別離 -ロスト・ソウル-, Betsuri – Rosuto Souru)
Nagi finally encounters Mizorogi, an ex-Night Raider that shares a history with her.
13. Illustrator (予知者 -イラストレーター-, Yochisha – Irasutoreetaa)
Reeling from loss, Komon is ordered to take some personal time.
14. Mephisto (悪魔 -メフィスト-, Akuma – Mefisuto)
Komon is depressed after learning the truth, and Mizorogi only has more torment in store for him.
15. Nightmare (悪夢 -ナイトメア-, Akumu – Naitomea)
Komon attacks a Beast that has taken a girl hostage.
16. Labyrinth (迷路 -ラビリンス-, Meiro – Rabirinsu)
After letting a Beast escape, the Night Raiders consider expelling Komon from the team.
17. Darkness (闇 -ダークネス-, Yami – Daakunesu)
As soon as Komon make up his mind about fighting against the Beasts, he’s attacked by someone that’s under their control.
18. Apocalypse (黙示録 -アポカリプス-, Mokushiroku – Apokaripusu)
Nagi is missing and could be subject to memory erasure if she is declared AWOL.
19. Cross Phase Trap (要撃戦 -クロスフェーズ・トラップ-, Yogekisen – Curosufeezutorappu)
A new Space Beast appears with the ability to phase in and out of existence, rendering Ultraman’s attacks useless.
20. Chrome Chester Delta (追撃 -クロムチェスターδ-, Tsuigeki – Curomuchesutaaδ)
Things are getting desperate for the TLT and the Night Raiders. Himeya is badly injured.
21. Sacrifice (受難 -サクリファイス-, Junan – Sakurifaisu)
The TLT takes the injured Himeya into custody.
22. Cure (安息 -キュア-, Ansoku – Kyua)
Himeya survives a dangerous test, but ultimately is confronted with the fact that his body cannot withstand transforming again.
23. Satisfaction (宿命 -サティスファクション-, Shukumei – Satisufakushun)
Himeya turns into Ultraman, despite the fatal risk.
24. Hero (英雄 -ヒーロー-, Eiyu – Hiiroo)
Ultraman is defeated and captured.
25. Prophecy (予兆 -プロフェシー-, Yocho – Purofeshi)
Komon, Nagi, and Captain Wakura are questioned about Himeya’s identity.
26. The Third (憐 -ザ・サード-, Ren – Za Saadoo)
While a Space Beast causes rumors to fuel panic and speculation in society, Ren works at an amusement park.
27. Prayer (祈り -プレーヤー-, Inori – Pureiya)
A new Ultraman appears! The blue giant fights off the Beast.
28. Reunion (再会 -リユニオン-, Saikai – Riyunion)
As the surveillance of Ren continues, Komon begins considering the Prometheus Project.
29. Calling (幽声 -コーリング-, Yusei – Cooringu)
A series of attacks at a campground where Mizorogi was spotted raises questions of his involvement.
30. Watcher (監視者 -ウォッチャー-, Kanshisha – Wocchaa)
After learning Ren is the product of the Prometheus project, Komon goes to visit him at the amusement park.
31. Bird (鳥 -バード-, Tori – Baadoo)
Ren refuses to discuss whatever or whoever Raphael is.
32. Unknown Hand (影 -アンノウンハンド-, Kage – Announhando)
Mizorogi escapes TLT’s custody and takes Mizuo as a hostage.
33. Oblivion A.D 2004 (忘却 -A.D.2004-, Bokyaku – A.D.2004)
The North America TLT headquarters dispatches Sara Mizuhara to Japan.
34. Blockade A.D 2009 (封鎖 -A.D.2009-, Bokyaku – A.D.2004)
It becomes clear that even the officers of TLT have had their memories tampered with, specifically regarding an incident in Shinjuku five years ago.
35. Revolt (反乱 -リボルト-, Hanran – Reboruto)
With the drug that could save Ren’s life on its way to Japan, Komon begins to suspect that the TLT intends to perform dangerous experiments on its young friend.
36. Farewell (決戦 -フェアウェル-, Kessen – Feaweru)
The drug that could save his life is on its way, but if Ren transforms into Ultraman before it arrives, he won’t live long enough to take it.
37. Nexus (絆 -ネクサス-, Kizuna – Nekusasu)
The Unknown Hand is finally revealed, a new Ultraman is chosen, and the final battle for Earth begins.
TOKU is a unique network dedicated to a wide variety of eye catching anime, popular live-action titles and cult classics from Asia you have to see to believe. TOKU is owned and operated by Olympusat, Inc., and is currently available on Armstrong, AT&T U-verse, Cablevision Optimum, Claro TV, Comcast Xfinity, Hotwire Communications and MCTV. TOKU – BE REANIMATED.
About Olympusat, Inc.
Olympusat has established itself as a leader in the television and media space, providing content and technology to our growing list of partners and clients. Our extensive portfolio of networks includes 100+ HD and SD Spanish and English language television networks, featuring the top-rated Spanish-language movie channel, Cine Mexicano, and the popular Ultra HD Plex. We also offer the distinctive Faith & Family and Specialty Suite, representing some of the biggest networks in the industry.
Recognizing the ever changing landscape within Media and Entertainment, Olympusat has launched VEMOX, a white label OTT Solution. VEMOX is a cost efficient and reliable B2B carrier-grade OTT platform, developed for operators in the U.S. and Latin America. The platform combines technology and content (100 LIVE Channels and 30,000+ hours of VOD content in English and Spanish), creating an attractive and customizable OPEX based turnkey solution.
For more information on ULTRAMAN NEXUS, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- DVD Review: CLIMAX STORIES: ULTRAMAN NEXUS
- SciFi JAPAN TV #28: Ultraman Nexus: Origins / 第28話『ウルトラマンネクサスの感謝』
- SciFi JAPAN TV #30: Ultraman Nexus: Production / 第30話『ウルトラマンネクサスの製作』
- SciFi JAPAN TV #33: Ultraman Nexus: Memories / 第33話『ウルトラマンネクサスの思い出』