SKIT! Creative App Takes on Godzilla
SKIT!, the smart phone and tablet app that creates fun animated shorts, is going toe to claw with Godzilla, the legendary mutated reptile. On September 16th, Warner Bros. released the Blu-ray version of the blockbuster 2014 movie GODZILLA and also released the movie’s skitable assets — including Godzilla, backgrounds, props fx, and more — for the community to create with via the SKIT! story app.
It’s a pairing of exciting contradictions: SKIT! is the popular app that lets members express their individuality, creativity and imagination, while Godzilla is the global symbol of destruction and chaos.
“This really is a case of opposites attract, a merger that brings together a destructive force of nature with some of the most creative people on the planet,” said SKIT! Co-founder, Robin Johnson. “Showcasing Godzilla’s powers of destruction and chaos should make for some epic fun. But I also challenge SKIT! members to think outside the box and design skits with Godzilla that are funny, clever, sarcastic and silly. There really are no limits to what a SKIT! member can do with a radiation-gobbling alpha predator.”
The Godzilla movie assets will bring a whole new level of interaction and creative options to SKIT! members, whose arsenal of tools has been growing exponentially. Earlier this month, SKIT! announced the ability of users to incorporate their favorite animated GIFs into their creative skit ideas. And this past June, SKIT! and Warner Bros. released THE LEGO MOVIE characters, backgrounds and props including — Emmet, Batman, Wyldstyle, Unikitty, Cloud Cuckoo Land, Wild West, Bob’s Kabob Truck, and dozens more — which proved to be an instant hit with SKIT! members.
With protected pathways for both kids and adults, SKIT! is great for all ages and groups, for individual or group play. It’s free to download and use, available on iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle. Download SKIT! on a tablet or smartphone device through the iTunes App Store, Google Play, or Amazon. After choosing images, backgrounds and special effects, the user narrates and creates an animated skit, and then shares with friends and family on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and through text messaging, as well with the whole SKIT! community.
With teams in Santa Monica and Boston, the founders of SKIT! created an animated messaging app to help spur people’s creativity and to build a place that redefines storytelling, making content creation fun, collaborative, and constructive for all ages. On the iOS for iPhone and iPad, Android for smartphone and tablets and Kindle platforms, SKIT! reaches users of all ages on nearly device they might be using and helps them have fun expressing themselves.
SKIT! started when co-founders Max Woon and Robin Johnson met in front of a whiteboard in Santa Monica, California in late 2012 and began Storytime Studios. Together, they created the SKIT! collaborative storytelling platform, which was then accelerated by both TechStars and Warner Bros. Media Camp and launched its Beta July 2013 at Comic-Con. For more information and to download the app, please visit skitapp.com.
For more information on Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ GODZILLA, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- GODZILLA RETURNS!
- Legendary Pictures Previews GODZILLA and PACIFIC RIM at Comic-Con
- Legendary Pictures Sets GODZILLA Release Date
- Warner Bros and Legendary Announce Cast and Start of Production for GODZILLA
- GODZILLA (2014) Press Release
- Warner Bros Releases Trailer and Poster for GODZILLA
- Warner Bros Releases High-Res Photos from GODZILLA
- GODZILLA Textless Poster and French/Canadian Trailer
- New GODZILLA Poster and Textless Art from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Roar from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Trailer from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA International Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Photo Gallery
- GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- GODZILLA (2014) Extended Look
- GODZILLA (2014) Licensed Product Guide
- GODZILLA Publicity Banners from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Production Notes and Images
- GODZILLA Final Credits
- GODZILLA (2014) Asia Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Video Clips
- GODZILLA Screens in Hollywood
- GODZILLA (2014) NYC Press Junket Report: It’s Big and Terrible
- GODZILLA Premieres in Hollywood
- “Godzilla Craves Italian” in FIAT Brand Commercial
- GODZILLA (2014) Review
- GODZILLA (2014) Cast Interview Videos
- Snickers Satisfies Godzilla
- GODZILLA (2014) Filmmaker Interview Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Behind the Scenes Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Review #2: Godzilla Endures
- GODZILLA (2014) EPK Interviews
- More GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- MAD Magazine Parodies GODZILLA
- Win the New Book Godzilla: The Art of Destruction!
- GODZILLA Continues Strong Performance at International Box Office
- Celebrate the Summer of Godzilla with SciFi JAPAN TV!
- IMAX Riding High on GODZILLA Success
- Outcast Network Unleashes The FIAT Brand’s “Godzilla” Spot
- FIAT Brand “Godzilla” Commercial Credits
- Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure Coming from NECA in July
- GODZILLA Week 3 Box Office Report
- S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla (2014) Figure Coming in September/October 2014
- GODZILLA Week 4 Box Office Report
- Godzilla (2014) Maquette Contest from Sideshow Collectibles
- NECA Provides Closer Look at Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure
- One-Day Sale on GODZILLA (2014) Merchandise from WBshop
- Godzilla – 2″ Mini Figures Series 1 from WizKids Games
- GODZILLA Week 5 Box Office Report: Monster King Roars in China
- GODZILLA ゴジラ OFFICIAL BOOK: New Japanese Release
- GODZILLA Week 6 Box Office Report
- GODZILLA Week 7 Box Office Report
- Bandai Movie Monster Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto Figures
- Bandai Godzilla-E.G. Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto
- Win Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization!
- GODZILLA Cover Featured on Japanese Edition of Cinefex
- GODZILLA Week 8 Box Office Report
- Win New GODZILLA Keepsake Ornament from Hallmark!
- Godzilla Character Encyclopedia: Toho Special Effects Movie Complete History
- GODZILLA Week 9 Box Office Report
- SciFi JAPAN TV #20: Godzilla in Yokosuka/第20話「ゴジラが横須賀へ！」
- Japanese Edition of Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization to be Released July 25th
- Multiple GODZILLA Blu-ray and DVD Editions Coming from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Week 10 Box Office Report
- SciFi JAPAN TV EXTRA: Godzilla in Yokosuka/第20話・EXTRA 「ゴジラが横須賀へ！」
- New GODZILLA Blu-ray and DVD Advertisement from Warner Bros.
- Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah Announced for GODZILLA Sequels
- GODZILLA Week 11 Box Office Report: Godzilla’s Triumphant Homecoming
- GODZILLA Week 11 Box Office: Update
- GODZILLA Comic Con Recap Video from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Blu-ray Packaging and Ad Art from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Week 12 Box Office Report: $200/300/500 Million!
- Godzilla 2014 and Gipsy Danger in 3rd Wave of Scalers Mini Figures
- GODZILLA Week 12 Box Office: Update
- Zazzle Offers Hundreds of “On Demand” GODZILLA 2014 Products
- SciFi JAPAN TV #24: Tokyo Toy Shopping /第24話「怪獣買いもの」
- SciFi JAPAN TV #26: Smog Monster Director /第26話『ゴジラ対ヘドラ』の監督
- SciFi JAPAN TV EXTRA: Smog Monster Director [20 Minute Edition]
- Sideshow Collectibles Godzilla (2014) Maquette Now on Sale!