GODZILLA Week 11 Box Office: Update
Latest Box Office Numbers from Warner Bros. and Toho
Source: Rentrak Corporation, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Toho Co., Ltd.
Official Site: Godzillamovie.com
Special Thanks to Paul Dergarabedian and Tom Molter
Today Warner Bros. received from Toho the official Japanese weekend box office numbers for GODZILLA. The confirmed weekend results for GODZILLA in Japan came in roughly on par with Sunday’s forecast with a 3 day number of ¥683,500,000 (Approximately $6,709,860 US) and 460,000 admissions from 427 Toho screens.
GODZILLA dominated the market at #1, beating MALEFICENT (4th week in Japan) by 70% and three new Japanese releases — EIGHT RANGER 2, TIME TRIP APP and STILL THE WATER. The final numbers give GODZILLA the second-highest opening for a live-action film in Japan, behind MALEFICENT. GODZILLA also broke an incredible run by Walt Disney Studios, which had topped the Japanese box office for 19 consecutive weeks with their movies FROZEN and MALEFICENT.
The international cume to date now stands at $299,000,000.
In the United States, GODZILLA inched closer to $200 million with a weekend take of $386,819 from 302 screens (down from 326 the week before). The domestic cume to date now stands at $199,704,025.
GODZILLA weekend box office estimates (USD), per data collected as of Monday, July 28, 2014…
Weekend BO Estimate
Weekend Release Cume
Top Ten Market Cumes (in US$)
Japan (Opening Weekend): $6,700,000
About Rentrak Corporation
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries’ premier provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, precisely measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere. Using our proprietary intelligence and technology, combined with advanced demographics, only Rentrak is the census currency for VOD and Movies. Rentrak provides the stable and robust audience measurement services that movie, television and advertising professionals across the globe have come to rely on to better deliver their business goals and more precisely target advertising across numerous platforms including box office, multiscreen television and home video.
For more information on Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ GODZILLA, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- GODZILLA RETURNS!
- Legendary Pictures Previews GODZILLA and PACIFIC RIM at Comic-Con
- Legendary Pictures Sets GODZILLA Release Date
- Warner Bros and Legendary Announce Cast and Start of Production for GODZILLA
- GODZILLA (2014) Press Release
- Warner Bros Releases Trailer and Poster for GODZILLA
- Warner Bros Releases High-Res Photos from GODZILLA
- GODZILLA Textless Poster and French/Canadian Trailer
- New GODZILLA Poster and Textless Art from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Roar from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Trailer from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA International Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Photo Gallery
- GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- GODZILLA (2014) Extended Look
- GODZILLA (2014) Licensed Product Guide
- GODZILLA Publicity Banners from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Production Notes and Images
- GODZILLA Final Credits
- GODZILLA (2014) Asia Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Video Clips
- GODZILLA Screens in Hollywood
- GODZILLA (2014) NYC Press Junket Report: It’s Big and Terrible
- GODZILLA Premieres in Hollywood
- “Godzilla Craves Italian” in FIAT Brand Commercial
- GODZILLA (2014) Review
- GODZILLA (2014) Cast Interview Videos
- Snickers Satisfies Godzilla
- GODZILLA (2014) Filmmaker Interview Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Behind the Scenes Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Review #2: Godzilla Endures
- GODZILLA (2014) EPK Interviews
- More GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- MAD Magazine Parodies GODZILLA
- Win the New Book Godzilla: The Art of Destruction!
- GODZILLA Continues Strong Performance at International Box Office
- Celebrate the Summer of Godzilla with SciFi JAPAN TV!
- IMAX Riding High on GODZILLA Success
- Outcast Network Unleashes The FIAT Brand’s “Godzilla” Spot
- FIAT Brand “Godzilla” Commercial Credits
- Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure Coming from NECA in July
- GODZILLA Week 3 Box Office Report
- S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla (2014) Figure Coming in September/October 2014
- GODZILLA Week 4 Box Office Report
- Godzilla (2014) Maquette Contest from Sideshow Collectibles
- NECA Provides Closer Look at Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure
- One-Day Sale on GODZILLA (2014) Merchandise from WBshop
- Godzilla – 2″ Mini Figures Series 1 from WizKids Games
- GODZILLA Week 5 Box Office Report: Monster King Roars in China
- GODZILLA ゴジラ OFFICIAL BOOK: New Japanese Release
- GODZILLA Week 6 Box Office Report
- GODZILLA Week 7 Box Office Report
- Bandai Movie Monster Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto Figures
- Bandai Godzilla-E.G. Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto
- Win Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization!
- GODZILLA Cover Featured on Japanese Edition of Cinefex
- GODZILLA Week 8 Box Office Report
- Win New GODZILLA Keepsake Ornament from Hallmark!
- Godzilla Character Encyclopedia: Toho Special Effects Movie Complete History
- GODZILLA Week 9 Box Office Report
- SciFi JAPAN TV #20: Godzilla in Yokosuka/第20話「ゴジラが横須賀へ！」
- Japanese Edition of Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization to be Released July 25th
- Multiple GODZILLA Blu-ray and DVD Editions Coming from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Week 10 Box Office Report
- SciFi JAPAN TV EXTRA: Godzilla in Yokosuka/第20話・EXTRA 「ゴジラが横須賀へ！」
- New GODZILLA Blu-ray and DVD Advertisement from Warner Bros.
- Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah Announced for GODZILLA Sequels
- GODZILLA Week 11 Box Office Report: Godzilla’s Triumphant Homecoming