Japanese Edition of Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization to be Released July 25th
Source: Kadokawa Shoten
On the same day the new GODZILLA by Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures opens in Japan, publisher Kadokawa Shoten will release the film’s novelization, ゴジラ, through their Kadokawa Bunko imprint.
The book is the Japanese language edition of the American book, Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization, written by Greg Cox (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises novels) from the screenplay by Max Borenstein and story by David Callaham. Cox’s novel has been translated by Akira Katagiri (Julian Assange: The Unauthorized Autobiography) for the Japanese release.
Promoted as the “latest Hollywood Godzilla, which pays homage to the original version of 1954”, GODZILLA pits Toho’s iconic monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten mankind’s very existence.
Author: Greg Cox (グレッグ・コックス)
Translator: Akira Katagiri (片桐 晶)
Publisher: Kadokawa Shoten
Release Date: July 25, 2014
Price: ¥734 – Tax Included (Approximately $7.25 US)
For more information on Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ GODZILLA, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- GODZILLA RETURNS!
- Legendary Pictures Previews GODZILLA and PACIFIC RIM at Comic-Con
- Legendary Pictures Sets GODZILLA Release Date
- Warner Bros and Legendary Announce Cast and Start of Production for GODZILLA
- GODZILLA (2014) Press Release
- Warner Bros Releases Trailer and Poster for GODZILLA
- Warner Bros Releases High-Res Photos from GODZILLA
- GODZILLA Textless Poster and French/Canadian Trailer
- New GODZILLA Poster and Textless Art from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Roar from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Trailer from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA International Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Photo Gallery
- GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- GODZILLA (2014) Extended Look
- GODZILLA (2014) Licensed Product Guide
- GODZILLA Publicity Banners from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Production Notes and Images
- GODZILLA Final Credits
- GODZILLA (2014) Asia Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Video Clips
- GODZILLA Screens in Hollywood
- GODZILLA (2014) NYC Press Junket Report: It’s Big and Terrible
- GODZILLA Premieres in Hollywood
- “Godzilla Craves Italian” in FIAT Brand Commercial
- GODZILLA (2014) Review
- GODZILLA (2014) Cast Interview Videos
- Snickers Satisfies Godzilla
- GODZILLA (2014) Filmmaker Interview Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Behind the Scenes Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Review #2: Godzilla Endures
- GODZILLA (2014) EPK Interviews
- More GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- MAD Magazine Parodies GODZILLA
- Win the New Book Godzilla: The Art of Destruction!
- GODZILLA Continues Strong Performance at International Box Office
- Celebrate the Summer of Godzilla with SciFi JAPAN TV!
- IMAX Riding High on GODZILLA Success
- Outcast Network Unleashes The FIAT Brand’s “Godzilla” Spot
- FIAT Brand “Godzilla” Commercial Credits
- Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure Coming from NECA in July
- GODZILLA Week 3 Box Office Report
- S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla (2014) Figure Coming in September/October 2014
- GODZILLA Week 4 Box Office Report
- Godzilla (2014) Maquette Contest from Sideshow Collectibles
- NECA Provides Closer Look at Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure
- One-Day Sale on GODZILLA (2014) Merchandise from WBshop
- Godzilla – 2″ Mini Figures Series 1 from WizKids Games
- GODZILLA Week 5 Box Office Report: Monster King Roars in China
- GODZILLA ゴジラ OFFICIAL BOOK: New Japanese Release
- GODZILLA Week 6 Box Office Report
- GODZILLA Week 7 Box Office Report
- Bandai Movie Monster Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto Figures
- Bandai Godzilla-E.G. Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto
- Win Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization!
- GODZILLA Cover Featured on Japanese Edition of Cinefex
- GODZILLA Week 8 Box Office Report
- Win New GODZILLA Keepsake Ornament from Hallmark!
- Godzilla Character Encyclopedia: Toho Special Effects Movie Complete History
- GODZILLA Week 9 Box Office Report
- SciFi JAPAN TV #20: Godzilla in Yokosuka/第20話「ゴジラが横須賀へ！」