GODZILLA Week 9 Box Office Report
Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of July 13, 2014
Source: Warner Bros. Entertainment
Official Site: Godzillamovie.com
Nine weeks into its theatrical release, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ GODZILLA has made $198.36 million domestically. The film earned just over $246,000 at 303 theaters in North America over the July 11-13 weekend for 24th place at the box office.
Recent projections that GODZILLA would struggle to hit $200 million have proven true and — barring any last-minute promotions by Warner Bros. — it will likely become the first film ever to debut over $90 million but fail to reach $200 million by the end of its run.
Internationally, GODZILLA added another $500,000 over the past week. Japan is the only major territory where the film has yet to open; Toho will release GODZILLA there on July 25th. Expectations are that the new movie will surpass the $33 million Japanese take for the poorly-received 1998 Sony Pictures’ remake, which would push GODZILLA well past $300 million internationally and $500 million worldwide.
GODZILLA weekend box office estimates (USD), per data collected as of Sunday, July 13, 2014…
Weekend BO Estimate
Weekend Release Cume
For more information on Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ GODZILLA, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- GODZILLA RETURNS!
- Legendary Pictures Previews GODZILLA and PACIFIC RIM at Comic-Con
- Legendary Pictures Sets GODZILLA Release Date
- Warner Bros and Legendary Announce Cast and Start of Production for GODZILLA
- GODZILLA (2014) Press Release
- Warner Bros Releases Trailer and Poster for GODZILLA
- Warner Bros Releases High-Res Photos from GODZILLA
- GODZILLA Textless Poster and French/Canadian Trailer
- New GODZILLA Poster and Textless Art from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Roar from Warner Bros.
- New GODZILLA Trailer from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA International Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Photo Gallery
- GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- GODZILLA (2014) Extended Look
- GODZILLA (2014) Licensed Product Guide
- GODZILLA Publicity Banners from Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA Production Notes and Images
- GODZILLA Final Credits
- GODZILLA (2014) Asia Trailer
- GODZILLA (2014) Video Clips
- GODZILLA Screens in Hollywood
- GODZILLA (2014) NYC Press Junket Report: It’s Big and Terrible
- GODZILLA Premieres in Hollywood
- “Godzilla Craves Italian” in FIAT Brand Commercial
- GODZILLA (2014) Review
- GODZILLA (2014) Cast Interview Videos
- Snickers Satisfies Godzilla
- GODZILLA (2014) Filmmaker Interview Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Behind the Scenes Videos
- GODZILLA (2014) Review #2: Godzilla Endures
- GODZILLA (2014) EPK Interviews
- More GODZILLA (2014) TV Spots
- MAD Magazine Parodies GODZILLA
- Win the New Book Godzilla: The Art of Destruction!
- GODZILLA Continues Strong Performance at International Box Office
- Celebrate the Summer of Godzilla with SciFi JAPAN TV!
- IMAX Riding High on GODZILLA Success
- Outcast Network Unleashes The FIAT Brand’s “Godzilla” Spot
- FIAT Brand “Godzilla” Commercial Credits
- Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure Coming from NECA in July
- GODZILLA Week 3 Box Office Report
- S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla (2014) Figure Coming in September/October 2014
- GODZILLA Week 4 Box Office Report
- Godzilla (2014) Maquette Contest from Sideshow Collectibles
- NECA Provides Closer Look at Godzilla – 24” Head To Tail with Sound Figure
- One-Day Sale on GODZILLA (2014) Merchandise from WBshop
- Godzilla – 2″ Mini Figures Series 1 from WizKids Games
- GODZILLA Week 5 Box Office Report: Monster King Roars in China
- GODZILLA ゴジラ OFFICIAL BOOK: New Japanese Release
- GODZILLA Week 6 Box Office Report
- GODZILLA Week 7 Box Office Report
- Bandai Movie Monster Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto Figures
- Bandai Godzilla-E.G. Series: Godzilla 2014 and Muto
- Win Godzilla: The Official Movie Novelization!
- GODZILLA Cover Featured on Japanese Edition of Cinefex
- GODZILLA Week 8 Box Office Report
- Win New GODZILLA Keepsake Ornament from Hallmark!
- Godzilla Character Encyclopedia: Toho Special Effects Movie Complete History