EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO North American Presskit
Eleven Arts and FUNimation Entertainment will release the highly anticipated third installment of the “Rebuild of Evangelion” series, EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版：Q, Evangerion Shin Gekijooban: Kyuu, 2012), in theaters across the U.S. and Canada on January 10, 2014.
The following EVANGELION: 3.0 presskit is courtesy of Eleven Arts…
ELEVEN ARTS and FUNimation Present EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO
Coming to Select Theaters January 2014
EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO continues the ground breaking rebuild with stunning robot battles and mind-bending revelations.
Shinji Ikari just woke up fourteen years after starting the Third Impact. He hasn’t aged, but everything else has changed. The earth is in ruins. The people he once protected treat him like a prisoner and threaten to kill him if he pilots another Eva. At NERV headquarters, Shinji meets pianist Kaworu. As the boys bond, the organization’s true mission comes into focus. Lost in a labyrinth of deception, Shinji careens toward a mental breakdown that could bring about the end of humanity.
ABOUT EVANGELION FRANCHISE
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (TV series)
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン, Shin Seiki Evangerion) is the anime TV series that was originally aired in Japan from October 1995 to March 1996 consisting of 26 episodes. It has been critically acclaimed as one of the most influential anime series of all time and has achieved immense popularity worldwide.
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION follows Shinji Ikari, a boy who moves to Tokyo-3, in the hopes of living with his estranged father. It is not until he arrives Shinji discovers that the only reason his father brought him there was to pilot the Evangelion Unit-01, mankind’s only defense against the Angels — monstrous titans which continually attempt to destroy Tokyo-3.
Shinji reluctantly agrees to fight, joining the mysterious Rei Ayanami and the headstrong Asuka Langely Soryu. But as the three are plunged into battle they begin to learn the truth behind the “Second Impact” — which destroyed most of the world fifteen years ago — the Angels, and the fierce behemoths they pilot known as the Evangelion.
Rebuild of Evangelion (Film Series)
In 2006, it was announced that a tetralogy of reboot films of the original NEON GENESIS EVANGELION series would be produced, known collectively as “Rebuild of Evangelion”. The first two films — EVANGELION 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:序, Evangerion Shin Gekijooban: Jo, 2007) and EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:破, Evangerion Shin Gekijooban: Ha, 2009) — have been released worldwide and met with critical acclaim and mass box office success. The series comprises an original story which completely departs from events of the television series.
DIRECTOR: HIDEAKI ANNO (Also Original Story and Screenplay)
Japanese animation and film director Hideaki Anno is best known for his work on the hugely popular anime television series NEON GENESIS EVANGELION. Anno has been involved in the production of films since his days as an amateur in high school. He began his professional film career as an animator in numerous commercial projects such as Hayao Miyazaki’s 1984 film NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND. Later that year he helped found the animation production studio Gainax (previously known as the independent film company Daicon Film) with others he had met while enrolled in Osaka University of Arts. In 2006, he established the film development and production company Studio Khara. Anno is currently involved in the production of the “Rebuild of Evangelion” films, the latest of which is EVANGELION 3.0: YOU CAN (NOT) REDO.
• GUNBUSTER (1988: Video Animation / Director)
• NADIA: THE SECRET OF BLUE WATER (1990: TV Animation Series / Chief Director)
• NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (1995: TV Animation / Director)
• EVANGELION: DEATH AND REBIRTH (1997: Animated Film / Chief Director)
• HIS AND HER CIRCUMSTANCES (1998: TV Animation Series / Director)
• KUSOH NO KIKAI-TACHI NO NAKA NO HAKAI NO HATSUMEI (2002: Short Animated Film
Shown in Ghibli Museum Theater / Director)
• RE: CUTIE HONEY (2004: OVA Animation / Chief Director)
• REBUILD OF EVANGELION (2007- : Animated Films (Tetralogy) / Chief Director)
• LOVE & POP (1998: Film / Director)
• SHIKI-JITSU (2000: Film / Screenplay, Director)
• RYUSEI-KACHO (2002: Short Video / Director)
• CUTIE HONEY (2004: Film / Director)
VOICE CAST & PRODUCTION STAFF
ENGLISH VOICE CAST
SHINJI IKARI: Spike Spencer
ASUKA LANGLEY SORYU: Tiffany Grant
REI AYANAMI: Brina Palenci
KAWORU NAGISA: Jerry Jewell
MARI MAKINAMI: Trina Nishimura
JAPANESE VOICE CAST
SHINJI IKARI: Megumi Ogata
ASUKA LANGLEY SORYU: Yuko Miyamura
REI AYANAMI: Megumi Hayashibara
KAWORU NAGISA: Akira Ishida
MARI MAKINAMI: Maaya Sakamoto
Chief Director/Original Story/Screenplay： Hideaki Anno
Directors： Masayuki, Mahiro Maeda, Kazuya Tsurumaki
Production： Kahara Inc.
Executive Producers： Toshimichi Ootsuki, Hideaki Anno
Main Character Design： Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Main Mechanic Design： Ikuto Yamashita
Special Effects Director： Shoichi Masuo
Assistant Directors： Katsuichi Nakayama, Daizen Komatsuda
Chief Animation Director： Kiyotaka Suzuki (Tatsunoko Productions)
Assistand Animation Director： Emi Miyazaki
Chief Art Director： Hiroshi Kato (Totonyan)
Assistant Art Director： Hirotsugu Son
CGI Directors： Daisuke Onitsuka, Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Cinematography： T2 Studio
Editor： Hidemi Lee
Music： Shiro Sagisu
About ELEVEN ARTS, INC.
ELEVEN ARTS is the Los Angeles based film distribution company that has brought many acclaimed Japanese films, live-action and animation, to North American audiences. ELEVEN ARTS’s major live-action titles include Japan Academy Awards winner MEMORIES OF TOMORROW (starring Ken Watanabe) and Oscar nominated director (with THE TWILIGHT SAMURAI in 2004) Yoji Yamada’s samurai film LOVE AND HONOR. ELEVEN ARTS is also a respected distributor of popular animation titles such as the EVANGELION franchise, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: THE SACRED STAR OF MILOS, and PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA THE MOVIE PART 1: BEGINNINGS/ PART 2: ETERNAL/ PART 3: REBELLION.
About FUNimation Entertainment
FUNimation Entertainment is the leading anime company in North America. FUNimation has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands. The company manages a full spectrum of rights for most of our brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution.
For more information on “Rebuild of Evangelion” please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- Japanese Movies at American Film Market 2008
- Japan Film Festival- Los Angeles: April 10-26
- English Dub of EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE to Premiere at Anime Expo
- EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Press Notes
- EVANGELION 2.0 Korean Release
- FUNimation Acquires EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE from NTV
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Gets North American Theatrical Release
- EVANGELION: 2.0 American Theatrical Release Update
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Canadian Theatrical Screenings Announced
- VIZ Cinema Kicks Off 2011 with Screenings of EVANGELION Feature Films
- EVANGELION: 2.0 US Theatrical Release Expands in March
- EVANGELION 2.22 on Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray
- Win EVANGELION 2.22 on DVD or Blu-ray!
- EVANGELION 2.22 Blu-ray and DVD Winners Announced!
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on UK DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on Australian DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION Exhibition to Tour Australia in 2013
- EVANGELION: 1.11 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Slipcase Edition on Australian DVD and Blu-ray
- 2013 EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION Tours Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne
- EVANGELION: 3.0 Headlines REEL ANIME 2013
- 2013 Japan Film Festival S.F. Announces U.S. Premiere of EVANGELION 3.0
- EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO Coming to U.S. and Canadian Theaters in January 2014
- EVANGELION: 3.33 on Blu-ray and DVD in February 2014
- EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO U.S. and Canadian Theatrical Release Update