EVANGELION: 3.0 Headlines REEL ANIME 2013
Madman Entertainment are proud to announce that the REEL ANIME theatrical event will return to Australia and New Zealand in late 2013, and headlining this year’s exciting program will be the third film in the EVANGELION rebuild series, EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版：Q, Evangerion Shin Gekijooban: Kyuu, 2012).
EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO will lead a stellar line up of four of the best new animated feature films direct from Japan. Program dates and further films for REEL ANIME 2013 will be confirmed during the next three Australian Supanova Pop Culture Expo events — Gold Coast (April 19-21), Sydney (June 21-23) and Perth (June 28-30).
Traditionally a bi-annual event, 2013 will mark the first time REEL ANIME screens as a yearly program. REEL ANIME 2012 ran from September 13-26 in Australia and late November/early December in New Zealand. The program included Studio Ghibli’s FROM UP ON POPPY HILL, Mamoru Hosoda’s WOLF CHILDREN (winner of the prestigious ‘Animation of the Year’ 2013 Japan Academy Prize award), Makoto Shinkai’s CHILDREN WHO CHASE LOST VOICES and the first film in the new Berserk trilogy, BERSERK: THE GOLDEN AGE ARC I – THE EGG OF THE KING.
REEL ANIME 2013 will screen in selected cinema locations across Australia and New Zealand.
For more details about REEL ANIME 2013 please visit reelanime.com.
Madman is a leading independent film and television distribution and rights management company, with offices in Australia and New Zealand. Madman is renowned for its commitment to quality Australian and foreign film, factual content, as well as highly collectable categories such as Japanese anime, genre film, animation and cult television. Madman’s capabilities encompass end to end acquisition, marketing, creative, sales and distribution in all mediums and formats, from the silver screen to the digital realm. Madman is also a proud producer of Australian film and television content. Put simply, Madman is mad for entertainment.
Madman is owned by Funtastic Limited, one of Australia’s largest wholesalers of consumer products into retail outlets and an Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listed company.
For more information on “Rebuild of Evangelion” please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- Japanese Movies at American Film Market 2008
- Japan Film Festival- Los Angeles: April 10-26
- English Dub of EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE to Premiere at Anime Expo
- EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Press Notes
- EVANGELION 2.0 Korean Release
- FUNimation Acquires EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE from NTV
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Gets North American Theatrical Release
- EVANGELION: 2.0 American Theatrical Release Update
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Canadian Theatrical Screenings Announced
- VIZ Cinema Kicks Off 2011 with Screenings of EVANGELION Feature Films
- EVANGELION: 2.0 US Theatrical Release Expands in March
- EVANGELION 2.22 on Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray
- Win EVANGELION 2.22 on DVD or Blu-ray!
- EVANGELION 2.22 Blu-ray and DVD Winners Announced!
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on UK DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on Australian DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION Exhibition to Tour Australia in 2013
- EVANGELION: 1.11 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Slipcase Edition on Australian DVD and Blu-ray
- 2013 EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION Tours Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne