2013 EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION Tours Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne
Madman Entertainment presents, in conjunction with NTV Films, Groundworks and the Japan Foundation Sydney, the 2013 EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION Australian Tour.
With exhibition partners, The Arts Centre Gold Coast and No Vacancy Gallery, Melbourne, this exclusive exhibition will offer anime/manga, sci-fi and pop culture fans of all ages a unique and extensive insight into how the famed EVANGELION animated films were created — showcasing a collection of original concept and production art, character drawings and other key artifacts that provide a rare and fascinating glimpse at the behind the scenes artistry of Japanese anime film production.
A variety of rare and valuable EVANGELION books, tapestries and other items will also be on display at the exhibition and a limited selection of EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版：Q, Evangelion Shin Gekijooban: Kyuu, 2012) merchandise will be available for purchase. These items were previously only available in Japan in conjunction with the cinema campaign for EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO and are exclusive to the EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION TOUR.
The exhibition will be on display at the Arts Centre Gold Coast from April 17th – May 5th, followed by Sydney at the Japan Foundation Gallery from May 10th – May 18th (Open Monday – Saturdays, 11am-4pm), and finally in Melbourne at No Vacancy Gallery from May 27th – June 9th.
For more information on the EVANGELION ART EXHIBITION TOUR, visit madman.com.au/eva.
In the “Rebuild of EVANGELION” films — thus far, in Australia, comprising EVANGELION 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版: 序, Evangelion Shin Gekijooban: Jo, 2007) and EVANGELION 2.0: YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版: 破, Evangelion Shin Gekijooban: Ha, 2009) — fourteen year old Shinji Ikari is called to Tokyo-3 by his estranged father, who heads up a secret government agency in charge of the development of a gigantic humanoid weapons system designed to fight alien invaders called Angels.
Despite the emotional burden of not having seen his father in 8 years, Shinji is enlisted to pilot the giant artificial human Eva Unit One. In the explosive ongoing storyline full of brutal action and primal emotion, Shinji becomes a key member of a group of young pilots tasked time and time again with maneuvering their towering cyborg Eva Units into combat against a relentless, deadly and disturbing enemy.
The third film of the series, EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO premiered in Japan in November, 2012 and stayed in the Mojo Box Office charts for 13 weeks. The film was also nominated for a Japan Academy Prize.
Australian screening details for EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO to be confirmed.
Madman is a leading independent film and television distribution and rights management company, with offices in Australia and New Zealand. Madman is renowned for its commitment to quality Australian and foreign film, factual content, as well as highly collectable categories such as Japanese anime, genre film, animation and cult television. Madman’s capabilities encompass end to end acquisition, marketing, creative, sales and distribution in all mediums and formats, from the silver screen to the digital realm. Madman is also a proud producer of Australian film and television content. Put simply, Madman is mad for entertainment.
Madman is owned by Funtastic Limited, one of Australia’s largest wholesalers of consumer products into retail outlets and an Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) listed company.
For more information on “Rebuild of Evangelion” please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- Japanese Movies at American Film Market 2008
- Japan Film Festival- Los Angeles: April 10-26
- English Dub of EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE to Premiere at Anime Expo
- EVANGELION: 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Press Notes
- EVANGELION 2.0 Korean Release
- FUNimation Acquires EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE from NTV
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Gets North American Theatrical Release
- EVANGELION: 2.0 American Theatrical Release Update
- EVANGELION: 2.0 Canadian Theatrical Screenings Announced
- VIZ Cinema Kicks Off 2011 with Screenings of EVANGELION Feature Films
- EVANGELION: 2.0 US Theatrical Release Expands in March
- EVANGELION 2.22 on Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray
- Win EVANGELION 2.22 on DVD or Blu-ray!
- EVANGELION 2.22 Blu-ray and DVD Winners Announced!
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on UK DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION: 2.22 on Australian DVD and Blu-ray in June
- EVANGELION Exhibition to Tour Australia in 2013
- EVANGELION: 1.11 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Slipcase Edition on Australian DVD and Blu-ray