Mill Creek Offers New GAMERA 3 Replacement Blu-rays
Mill Creek Offering New Discs with Improved Subtitles
Source: Mill Creek Entertainment
NOTE: Article updated April 6th with additional information from Mill Creek.
Last Fall, Mill Creek Entertainment released the fan-favorite Japanese monster movie GAMERA 3: REVENGE OF IRIS (ガメラ3 邪神〈イリス〉覚醒, Gamera 3: Jyashin Iris Kakusei, 1999) on Blu-ray, both as a single disc and as part of a GAMERA TRILOGY Collector’s Edition set. The bargain priced (SRP: $9.98) release — packed with nearly 3 hours of Gamera bonus features — was unfortunately marred by subtitling problems, including subs which were out of sync with spoken dialogue and onscreen text.
In January, Mill Creek began offering complimentary replacement copies of their GAMERA 3 Blu-ray to any customers in North America who had purchased the disc. But, to the frustration of customers and company alike, the subtitles were corrected for the main feature but extremely oversized on the extras. After mailing out an initial batch of replacement discs Mill Creek became aware of the problem, so they’ve held off on sending additional copies until the subtitling issues were completely resolved.
The fully corrected discs are now in stock so, starting last week, Mill Creek began shipping GAMERA 3 replacement Blu-rays with the improved subtitles on the film and properly sized subs on the bonus features.
• Any customers who have sent their replacement request but have not yet received the GAMERA 3 Blu-ray can expect to receive the final corrected version in the coming weeks.
• If a customer has not yet sent their replacement request, they can still do so by mailing the artwork wrap (as proof of purchase) with their contact and mailing information to Mill Creek. In exchange they will receive a complete and shrink wrapped GAMERA 3 Blu-ray with artwork. To get their replacement copy, customers only need to mail in the paper sleeve with the cover artwork. Mill Creek is not asking for the original disc or Blu-ray case; just the artwork.
Mill Creek’s mailing address is:
Mill Creek Entertainment
Attn: Customer Service
2445 Nevada Ave N
Golden Valley, MN 55427
• Any customers who have already received a faulty GAMERA 3 replacement Blu-ray can get the final corrected version by mailing a request to Mill Creek Entertainment. New requests must again include the artwork wrap as proof of purchase.
• Mill Creek can accept returns from Canada as well as the United States. They do not have international rights to GAMERA 3 and are contractually prevented from handling requests from other countries.
• Mill Creek will make exchanges through August 2012.
• Anyone who does not already own the GAMERA 3 Blu-ray can buy the corrected version at CheapDVDPacks.com. That is the only guaranteed retail source for the corrected Blu-ray at this time.
For additional information or answers to any related questions, please email email@example.com.
About Mill Creek Entertainment
Mill Creek Entertainment is a source of value home video entertainment. Helmed by a management team with over eighty years of experience in the consumer home entertainment marketplace, the company produces entertainment products that typically sell in quantity, at impulse price-points, while adhering to high standards of quality unsurpassed in the industry. The Mill Creek product line encompasses many genres, speaks to broad consumer tastes and has found favor with both North American and emerging Latin markets. The company’s DVD product line consists of classic movies, television episodes, historical documentaries and feature films.
For more information on Mill Creek’s Kadokawa Blu-rays please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- GAMERA: GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE and ATTACK OF THE LEGION Double Feature Blu-ray
- Daimajin Trilogy Coming to US Blu-ray
- GAMERA 3 and GAMERA TRILOGY Coming to Blu-ray in September
- GAMERA 3 and GAMERA TRILOGY Blu-ray Updates
- Win GAMERA TRILOGY Blu-ray Sets!
- GAMERA TRILOGY Blu-ray Winners Announced
- Mill Creek Offering Replacement Copies of GAMERA 3 Blu-ray