Death Note: L, change the WorLd Novelization now Available
VIZ Media, LLC expands the thrilling psychological suspense of DEATH NOTE with the release of Death Note: L, change the WorLd, a new novel featuring the master detective from the hit animated, film and manga series. Death Note: L, change the WorLd is available now from Shonen Jump Fiction and carries an MSRP of $17.99 U.S. / $24.00 CAN.
In an alternative continuity in the DEATH NOTE setting, ace detective L’s name has been placed in a Death Note. He has twenty-three days to bring a terrorist group to justice, or they will use a deadly new virus to change the world…by killing off most of humanity.
“Death Note: L, change the WorLd offers a fitting finale to the DEATH NOTE saga and contains many events that did not take place in the film,” says Gonzalo Ferreyra, Vice President, Sales & marketing, VIZ Media. “The author, who adopts the nom de plume ‘M’ in tribute to the eccentric detective, creates an intriguing alternate continuity that will intrigue fans of the anime and manga series as well as new readers. Any thoughts of a quiet hospice vanish as L sacrifices his life to save humanity. Edge of your seat suspense awaits readers in this gripping new novel!”
Death Note: L, change the WorLd features the same format as the original Japanese printing with a hardcover and clear acetate jacket with metallic ink. The cover art is by Takeshi Obata, the artist of the Death Note manga series. Death Note is one of VIZ Media’s top 5 bestselling properties, with over 1 million copies of the manga sold in the U.S. The character of L is extremely popular with fans and has inspired various products such as apparel and stationery as well as spinoff novels and three live action DEATH NOTE films (available from VIZ Pictures).
About VIZ Media, LLC
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), is one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga (graphic novel) publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. Owned by three of Japan’s largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions, Co., Ltd., VIZ Media is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa and is a global ex-Asia licensor of Japanese manga and animation.
The company offers an integrated product line including magazines such as Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat, graphic novels, and DVDs, and develops, markets, licenses, and distributes animated entertainment for audiences and consumers of all ages. Contact VIZ Media at 295 Bay Street, San Francisco, CA 94133; and web site at www.viz.com.
For more information on the DEATH NOTE series please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- AFM /AFI FEST REPORT #3: DEATH NOTE
- Record-breaking weekend for DEATH NOTE: THE LAST NAME
- DEATH NOTE Anime Series Comes to DVD from VIZ Media
- VIZ Pictures Licenses Theatrical and DVD Rights to Live Action DEATH NOTE Films
- Directors to Attend Vancouver Screenings of DEATH NOTE and THE iDol
- DEATH NOTE Live-Action Film on R1 DVD
- VIZ Media Announces Anime Releases for Fall 2008
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME U.S. Theatrical Event!
- Win Tickets to See DEATH NOTE Movies in Canada and US
- NY Anime Festival Sponsors DEATH NOTE Day at Kinokuniya
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME Ticket Winners!
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME Press Notes
- Canadian Theatrical Debut of DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME
- DEATH NOTE II: THE LAST NAME on Region 1 DVD from VIZ Pictures
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd U.S. Theatrical Event!
- Win Tickets to See DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd on April 29
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd Ticket Winners!
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd Press Notes
- NY Anime Festival and VIZ Pictures to Hold DEATH NOTE Day
- DEATH NOTE: L, change the WorLd on Region 1 DVD
- Two New DEATH NOTE Box Sets in the UK